Changes to the Raid Event Effective October 8

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Totally sometimes I can only get on with my phone, so knowing when I get back to my computer , I can tell easily which bosses I just got my spot on, helps a lot :) Then I can bang out what needs to be done. :)

AlterEgoT likes this.
  2. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

That is a very good idea. If Kano implements this, then the raid bosses will die quicker, and players will be more happy as a result. Most of the time, players just only do the minimum required and sometimes the raids don't get killed because of that.

3. Kirsten

I have gotten superiors on min actions, generally I do a lot more actions,but I am interested in leveling so I can up my stamina,the items are okay, but for me I already had/have items with good stats.

4. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Yes, I would assume that I'm even using the common items, so it doesn't really matter to me what drops I get for the ones that I join (if any).

5. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Mental note: only crash the raids once and move on to crash the next ;-)

Kirsten likes this.
  6. Vic

Vic Active Member

i haven't seen this change myself because i didn't join any raids last round, but i guess this is a good idea.

7. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

That is really a bunch of BS when you look at it from an investment stand point. The idea that an "owner" should invest a ton of fps to kill his own boss for an item he could buy for 17 to 25 fps? Ridiculous. I spent 80 fps killing my own boss as most who joined did the minimum. I was much better off joining the other 75 RAIDS and getting an item for a much cheaper investment. And that is why I typically never open a RAID and don't plan on doing it again. I don't mind opening a RAID and doing 50-60 million damage. But why waste the resources to do 150 million damage or more when I can join a bunch of others doing say even 25 million damage and get six reward items vs one?

Erik Bergstrom likes this.
  8. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Sometimes people start posting link after link in Kong Chat, some get posted in JOB CHAT, and some in World Chat. The tiers go fast so I will jump in as many as I can as fast as I can. I was hoping for 100 spots this last time and I got in 78..... So then after that, I had to go back and make sure I did minimum in each and every one. THEN, after that is taken care of, I start working on RAIDS I know are a for sure thing. Then as I work myself through the list, I start working on ones I think are pretty sure. And then even start posting in chat and trying to get others to start working on ones I am worried about. That status bar really helps me in the very beginning. But after that, it is all about watching the clocks and making sure the health is going down on that RAID BOSS.

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

DAVID, it's your choice to open a raid and if others just do min, then it's all on you.

If open one either
    • have the resources to take it down by your self
    • or the right team that will do it for you
    It's not rocket science........
    Quit moaning....

Kirsten likes this.
  10. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

78? no wonder the games slow down when raids are going on, the above formula sounds like a LOT of work. and i suppose these reminders will be slotted behind the calendar and challenge one on the new home page?

11. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

LOL
    Stating a FACT is not moaning. The fact is if you try to kill a RAID by yourself you are first an idiot. It makes zero sense and is 100% not logical to use that many fps for one item reward. Even if you are trying to level, you can use the same amount of resources and get the same number of levels but spreading it out over multiple RAIDS will gain you more item rewards and the experience per stamina is increased when factoring in the bonus experience for a completed RAID.

And you are right, it is a choice to open a RAID or not. But regardless if I open the RAID or not, having people do 2000 actions and about 5-6 million damage while sitting back and waiting for one or two other players to do all the work is really very selfish and shows a lack of character. And for a person to state which is what my reply was to that a person should NOT open a RAID unless they are going to kill it themselves is as I stated a bunch of BS. Only a bunch of jerks would expect to join a RAID and expect to get the reward for minimum which is basically nothing and expect someone else to do all the work. The 29 spots in the three tiers are not there as spots to "share a reward with" but spots to share the load with and to work together as a team to take down a RAID. My biggest frustration is all the selfish, lazy, entitlement players who join RAIDS and they either go down in defeat or one or two players have to do all the work and spend to complete them so 25 or 26 other players can do NOTHING and get the same reward.

And from what I have seen, the people who disagree with me tend to be the people who expect the free. And funny how most of the ones doing all the work seem to be wanting to figure out a way to exclude all the free loaders and raise the minimum required.

SweetestAngel likes this.
  12. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

what about the levels you get from all of the attacks you make on these? i don't think taking a raid down by yourself makes you an idiot. just don't gripe if you don't have a good team on your raid and you have to invest significant resources to put it down. if you have a problem with that, either 1) don't open one or 2) get more team-oriented players to help out with your raid. otherwise, let them expire and STFU. there seems to be a common thought that players are "entitled" to drops from these, which is probably why this is an issue in the first place, since there are quite a few players that jump on all the raids they can and only do the minimum to get as many drops as they can. and i'm not one of the players that expect anything for free or trying to figure out a way to exclude all the freeloaders.

Kirsten likes this.
  13. Rhenkle1

Rhenkle1 Active Member

As far as the minimums on the raids why not just divide the health by 30 and make that the minimum damage on every boss. If you don't hit that number no reward. That would take care of the slackers.

14. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

17 million per player, even for tier 1s? and what if the raid still has slots that need to be filled? yeah, this is a winner of an idea.

15. Kirsten

If you invite" slackers" or join a boss with Known " slackers", on it already,then you have no one to blame but yourself,

Marc14 and AXXO like this.
  16. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

Minimum bar for raid is not good. I believe raids were supposed to be team event. So as Kirsten said, you gotta choose wisely. god how many times we have to repeat that sigh.

GATMAN, Marc14 and Kirsten like this.
  17. Rhenkle1

Rhenkle1 Active Member

Just because a player is tier 1 does not mean they can't do 17 million damage. When I was at tier 1 on kong I passed 100 million damage very frequently. It's a choice people have to make to either play or not play the raids.

18. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

Because of this server failure I cannot do the remaining raids.. hope it will not be just 2 hours. -__-

19. What about those like ioio666 who join a raid hit the requirements then after that attacks and leaves every raid he is in in the red zone.i am in 3 raids he is in and he continually does this until its dead

20. Kirsten

• Do not join public raids