[LCN] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective October 23

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 23, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey Mobsters,

As those of you who read our announcement last week are aware, we are making some slight changes to the Battle Arena today. These alterations will be effective for tonight's Battle Arena.

Player Anonymity

Players will still choose a nickname if they so desire when they register for the Arena. During the duration of the event, everyone on the list will appear with the same generic name "Mobster" so you don't know who you're attacking. Targets can still be saved like in the past, but the search function will no longer be a part of the Arena. At the end of the event, the nicknames (or actual names) of the winners will be published. The list of targets will be randomized for everyone.

Stamina Slider "Kill Shot"

You can set the Stamina Slider anywhere from One to Ten, but if the Mobster you are attacking is above 20% of their maximum Health, then the maximum number of attacks you can do at once is Three (even if the Slider is set to 10).

Once the targeted Mobster is under 20% of their maximum Health, then the Four to Ten Stamina attacks become available.

Easy To Remember and MobMan like this.
  2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I can't wait to hear the feedback on this. I won't be able to participate in it this time (because I'll be asleep), but I look forward to seeing what those who are able to participate think.

3. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

So if you set the slider to 3, and do 34 attacks that way, does that count your "100 attacks" to qualify you to rank in the end?

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Correct, stat's will show 102 attacks for the min of 100 required.

Kirsten likes this.
  5. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Lower level players get killed much faster, so this will push many players away from BA. IMO, you made it worse. Although admittingly, BA has always been pure pay2win where lower level players just have to hope for the scraps. The scraps just got less now.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  6. son of odin

son of odin New Member

not good bring back the names

7. popopoo

popopoo Member

you dint include the respawn option using favor points?

8. geckomaster

geckomaster Member

Not too bad...however, take it 1 step further and remove the 'save target' function. That would make it fairer for the middle of the road players as those with higher stamina would have spend more time finding us again^^

Kano Moderator 2 likes this.
  9. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

Yes its ok like this with anonimity but you forgot about reveal identity option! Next time all the high players will select on if you dont remove this option. Please make possible to reveal identity only after Arena is over. We should still be able to select on to reveal identity but names should apear only after Arena is over please. If not this "mobster "stuff is for nothing

Gazember likes this.
  10. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I agree, the Reveal Identity option during the arena event must be an oversight.

Kirsten likes this.
  11. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

totally agree the save target should be removed so they have to find you again, most people on the saved target list will be weak or lower levels or someone low on health who jumped in to def stance,who are easier to kill so get rid of this feature gives them more of a chance,
    the highest levels will always win. is it more boring now well probably as before you could play as a team and go for the same target and help each other so was more enjoyable to play now its only the strongest who will win as before lower levels who had high level friends would be safe if they told them there names but now its not possible, so its not going to be as much fun anymore

12. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

this is interesting. i guess i'll find out for myself after the next one to see how things work now.

13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Everyone man or woman for themselves, that is a true arena, ya got the wars and war mode for the team thing, you win or lose now on your Own merits :)

Gazember likes this.
  14. Kirsten

Totally agree, it was meant to only show after the arena, not during,but that is what feedback is for,:)

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The "reveal identity" button does not show your name during the Arena, only afterwards.

Was there actually any cases of seeing someone's nickname or real name on the Arena list? As far as our developers are able to determine, anonymity during the actual arena itself was preserved.

16. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

When I clicked on some players profile to see their number of attacks, I could see their revealed identity, at least at 4-5 players.

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Ah, got ya! That will be fixed for next time.

Guardian Angel, Aapje and Kirsten like this.
  18. Reefer

Reefer Active Member

I can't give much feedback since I forgot the start time lol, I wish the time would go back to normal though, not many people are on around that time.

19. ben

ben Active Member

save should be kept ... saving main targets so it should stay by all means ...

20. Kirsten

Didn't know there were time changes, it has been in a rotation for some time.