[VC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective November 25

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

good question....with the revive feature i wont just be sitting around waiting for it to end...ill be ending it along with whoever else decides to keep playing....the arena was made to be an event, now it actually will be one

2. Demonik1

actually, the way theyve made it now, removing the slider makes alot more sense....its going to last 3 days anyway so why do we all need to kill people at 60 mph?

Birkebeiner likes this.
  3. Demonik1

heres a crazy idea...3 arenas per month, why not have one of each? throwback arena, the average arena the way its been for the longest time, and the newest version....everybody can choose which ones they wish to play....problem solved....youre welcome

4. kamikazeweasel

kamikazeweasel Active Member

I tried to skim most of the comments but I hope they actually make a button to revive instead of auto revival. it would be nice to check what's going on in the BA with out automatically being revived only to lose a third of my score

Birkebeiner likes this.
  5. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i agree wholeheartedly.

kamikazeweasel and Birkebeiner like this.
  6. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

LOL...thats about right...cant please everyone ...my concern again is changing a good thing to be more technical and losing players in stead of increasing them...:eek:

George Burd and Birkebeiner like this.
  7. Justgiver

Justgiver Member

The question that needs to be answered is why are people playing Vikings over other games, Like Call of Duty, Civilization or Eldar Scrolls, or other Browser games like Wartune or Call of Gods. This is Vikings competition. What makes Vikings better than the games I mentioned.
    I can only answer that for myself and the reason for me is the Arena. I can go to almost any game and there is a Revive, Reload, Respawn, Reborn, Reboot or some sort of do over feature.
    In the an Arena without a revive there is a certain thrill knowing that you have only one shot. Screw up and its over.
    To put this a way that Canadians would understand, every classic style Arena is like having a game 7 going to overtime in the Stanely Cup finals.
    Now that thrill is gone. Now its replaced with 3 days of figure skating.

8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Well I played Kano games before there even was an inkling of an arena idea, so it does not make a difference to me whether I play it or not, I play the games for the daily regular game, not for the arenas,but that is just me.

9. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Less than a day to go and there isn't an IG update to the rules/help file... just mentioning it in case it's been overlooked.

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The Help file was actually updated yesterday with all of the new rules. We'll also be making a new post for Feedback and linking that on the BA page.

11. Kirsten

"If your Health drops to 0 you have been Killed. During the Brawl Phase, getting Killed means losing 1/3 of your Score, and being unable to participate until you are revived. You can Revive yourself after 1 hour by clicking the Revive button, or by sooner by spending your Favor with the Gods."

Yet ??
    "To ensure everyone gets the most out of the event, all competitors are healed up to full when Sudden Death begins, even if they were recently killed." ???????????????????????
    So if ya at work or sleeping ya have no "choice" because for everyone's benefit everyone is revived?? and have to figure out if ya might even be available to even play at that time,whenever that time may be, am I reading this right ?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  12. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I don't know from where you copied them, but its funny, it sounds like a biblical revival for the last judgment day :)))

Kirsten likes this.
  13. Kirsten

The help file section,where Mitch said it was in his last thread a little while ago , lol I put the """ marks, so people would know these were not my words :p

14. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

My sentiments exactly Guardian Angel!!!!!

George Burd and Guardian Angel like this.
  15. ben

ben Active Member

what ba the Romans would laugh at this ...

16. Grand Master Fielding

Good point about the D mode!!!

George Burd likes this.
  17. ben

ben Active Member

i think i get it now its kano way in putting zs in all the games ...

18. Grand Master Fielding

General comment about this battle arena. The Developers kinda made a few mistakes. 1) 5 different times when I refreshed the battle page - only 1 or 2 people to attack came up. 2) The "you're under attack" notification keeps popping up when I'm not under attack. I've lost at least 1 kill so far. Any other brilliant things that KANO wants to do to it's customers Mi7ch???

George Burd likes this.
  19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Only 4 people popped up when refreshed page for me as well one time.

20. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

there is no "option". i'm going to be autorevived in 1 hour if i stay on the arena page or spend 10 fps to do so. i'll just wait until i see the notification on the home page that's it's over before i check the page again. i also had fewer available players to attack each time that i refreshed the page. and my points went from 26 million down to 1 when i got killed, which i hope is just a display error.