[VC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective November 25

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

From my understanding there is gonna be an option for revival, a toggle switch/button,I guess like the one for def mode,I feel no one should be revived for any reason other than it being their choice.

2. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

If the numbers for the Arena are steadily declining then why leave it the way it is? Seems changes would be needed to bring back people who grew bored with it or entice new people who never joined before. I like the new point system as it encourages fighting but as someone pointed out in this thread it does seem to violate the "last one left standing" motto since now points are being racked up without necessarily having to kill everyone to win so we'll give it a run and see how it goes.

3. ben

ben Active Member

do you really think its going to bring people back ??? o keep seeing the number dropping and with this change o my ... just have to wait and see ...

4. Kirsten

Time will tell, it is just one event in the game/s, it won't make or break the game, I don't play or build my accounts for the arena, I build it for the Actual game.

Old Salt and Jared like this.
  5. Kirsten

Still don't like the auto revival idea,although that would be funny if the turtles that do the min attacks, had that happen, but still would not be very fair,( but still fun ) lol

6. Old Salt

Well if the numbers are dropping then logic dictates changes are needed. Correct?

7. ben

ben Active Member

what part didnt you understand a bout my post ... every time changes are made on ba we lose players ... got it now ...

Elle F and George Burd like this.
  8. Kirsten

This is a game, it is not gonna ruin the world, try it out if ya don't like it don't play it. I doubt you won't still have ya duck shoot. :rolleyes:

9. Old Salt

Oh really? The Arena has been pretty much the same since some changes were made in the beginning that put the minimum numbers of attacks at 100 so you didn't have non-playing accounts getting rewards. What other changes have been made?

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

The slider :p

11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Anyone remember before the slider was implemented? :rolleyes: But let's not talk about that because it looks like it's not going away. Just like all the other changes in the game (not just for the arenas)... deal with them and adjust accordingly, or go do something else and don't the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out!

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I sure do, defense stance was never issue then. In essence shortened the arena by 1/3, guess they are fixing that with being able to revive for 2 days LOL, ingenious. :eek:

13. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Exactly. Instead of eliminating the slider, which led to the whole defensive stance/only 100 attacks/rankings for doing almost nothing, now we have another change that is supposed to make things better somehow. I guess we'll see.

14. Old Salt

There were turtles before the slider, at least in PC there were. And the 100 hit minimum was instituted real early on to stop "dead" accounts from getting rewards. The first Arena in facebook PC there were a dozen non-playing accounts in the top 25.

15. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Yes, but I remember that I was able to sign up for every arena, even the ones in the middle of the night, because they lasted at least 6 hours so that I could get a few attacks in. After the slider, they are generally over within 2, maybe 3 hours, and in KP2 Pirates, one armada simply sits there for 3 days to make everyone else wait to get any possible rewards. None of that happened before the slider that I recall. Now I can only play in 1 or maybe 2 a month, because I'm always dead for the other ones, and that didn't used to be the case before the slider was implemented. THAT is why arena participation has gone down, plain and simple. If I don't have to make more than 100 attacks and I know I'm going to be killed within 2 hours after the arena starts, why bother making an effort? Now I'll get down off my soapbox, because all of this has been discussed before, and nothing has changed.

George Burd and Birkebeiner like this.
  16. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

I remember getting more attacks and kills than the winning player multiple times only to finish 3rd or 4th or 5th every time.....spending lord knows how long beating someone down from full health and being ten times more pissed when it got sniped lol waiting 12 hrs or more for it to be over....good riddance

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'll give the new rule outline a try, but how about this KANO "if the feedback is mutually negative revert it back for 1 stamina only arena all games and platforms"(without the revival for 2 days). Grab a common consensus with the feedback, and proceed again with changes. Just a thought :p

George Burd likes this.
  18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well now you have 48+ hours for it to end, where's logic in that statement?

George Burd likes this.
  19. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

There will be a huge outcry against this, as there has been in the past. That's why it hasn't changed. The attack-loaded accounts like the slider because they can take down targets in mere seconds, and then snipe kills to boot. In KP2 Pirates, they don't care because they always win anyway. But I would be willing to bet that they wouldn't do so well without the slider, and they won't want it to go away, which is why it hasn't. "Common consensus" doesn't always win out. You should know that, Jades.

George Burd and Birkebeiner like this.
  20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I can't argue with one word on that, why asked again "remove slider": for 1 test run, and feedback.

Birkebeiner likes this.