[VC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective November 25

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

These recent changes have been in the works for a few months, the revival idea,was also, but at one point kano shelved it, I am not thrilled about it, but if it is a option to revive myself, then it is fine with me. I have also noticed a trend with some of the turtles in one game who are aware things were gonna change and have been slowing changing,and some are actually fighting and getting some kills and that is a plus for everyone. As far as the point system, yes I am very happy about that one,as well as the other previous changes,being anonymous ,and I have always been a fan of the 3 slider and even better since the 10 slider feature when attacking someone and when their health is low it kicks in. Is it a perfect feature, some may like it some may not,but it goes back to the original concept of the Arena when it was first introduced and I am glad. it is a battle arena,not a do 100 min attacks and hide arena.The high level strongest players are almost always gonna win, and they deserve to win,( they are the ones who have played the longest) ,even more so since we are anonymous, the arena is not a team event,Kano had to concede after the first few arena's when they saw the that others started making teams,I am glad they decided to go back in their thinking.

2. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

please get rid of the revival feature, or allow us to opt out! i don't join arenas that i can't participate in because i don't want some else to get a bunch of free xp off me when i get nothing. i'm also not a fan of the scoring, but i want to see for myself how it works, it may not be that bad as long as attacks are rewarded as well as kills (i'm not a hit and hider... i use up as much stamina as i have in each arena i sign up for, i just don't get many kills).

3. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

You make some good points in this post, and, if I read you correctly, you think the current BA works well and actually rewards the players who should be rewarded. So, if we already have an, "...active Arena experience ... with lots of good tough fighting for the top spots", which even I, a self confessed "turtle", think provides, "...a balanced experience", then why does Kano want to change it so drastically?

4. Kirsten

No ,the directions it is moving towards is good, not the way it was before, any of these changes, that have only very recently been implemented in the last two arena's for example in PC, the first being anonymous and the 10 slider, when the player you are attacking is down to a certain % of health,now the next round ,which I have been waiting for about changing the benchmarks concerning how active one must be to rank high enough to get rewarded. The last two arena's in PC had the first round of changes the next will have the second round, the point system and revival ( not sure yet how I feel about the revival) We have asked Kano to raise the benchmarks on what is needed to rank, that has already been changed once, from being totally inactive to having to do 100 min attacks,in order to rank in the top 50( not sure why the font changed).

Demonik1 likes this.
  5. ben

ben Active Member

but we also no there is high def players that will fair out good ... far as the reward tier its way way to low with these type of changes ... and i mean low ...

6. ben

ben Active Member

may i add with theses tyr of changes and also the raid boss now kano needs to take the caps off of stamina and energy on the games that there on to make it fair ... i think we all see the baliance is way off ...

7. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

im just jumping in the middle of this but i have to agree with kirsten here...people that build only one way are setting themselves up to fail in the long term. kano has set certain achievements for skill point allocation for a reason....spreading out your skill points is the best way to succeed in most aspects of this game. even i who values attack over all and hates adding to defense will add to defense at times so i dont fall too far behind in my skills in that area even tho it is severely lacking lol all these people that sat there week in and week out getting free fps, coin and exp for doing nothing will no longer happily reveal their names with a top 10 finish with that smug little smile on their faces. earn your finish or dont play, i could care less cause it wont change how i play or have played the arena in any way, shape or form since its induction....goodbye arena leeches, its been fun...well, thats a lie...just glad to see you all gone from your easy finishes xD buhhhhh bye :D

Elle F, Kirsten and Old Salt like this.
  8. Demonik1

whoa there drama...these changes were made due to feedback from multiple active arena players over YEARS of frustration of seeing people do nothing and collect. all i can say is try it out before you all start crying about it...you may find you like it a bit more than you think you will.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. Justgiver

Justgiver Member

I think you just did get into the middle of this. The defensive player did do something, they survived longer....which is an accomplishment considering that one player on our server gets upwards of 90% of the kills (not an exaggeration). That was the goal of the arena survive as long as you can , however you see fit. I am not a defensive player myself, I go in and try to get as much xp as I possibly can before I am found by the One Man Wrecking Crew. Last BA I got the 4th highest kill total and finished no where near the the top but you know what I had a blast doing it and I am good with that.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    Zoonie likes this.
  10. Justgiver

Justgiver Member

Drama, maybe ,,Me fighting for something I really really like, most definitely. What should I do stand by and do nothing like a sheep, hell no. Is there a chance I might like it...yes...is there a chance that I will like it as much the current Arena...non...zilch.
    What I don't get is why they won't let us choose and run two arenas. If you like the the new arena fine....go for it. But they are robbing the players like myself, that like the old style better the ability to enjoy the game to its maximum potential.
    I have never won the arena and never will, I realize that but I love the hunt for it. I love the thrill of striving for something even though I will fall short. That is now gone.
    If a company does something that ticks you off, stops providing a service or product that you like, what do you do. You stop dealing with that company. What I am trying to do is give Kano a chance to make things right before I leave.
    These games are a dime a dozen and the reason I stay and a lot of other people that stay is the sudden death thrill of the arena.

If that is drama....make me a queen

Kirsten and ben like this.
  11. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Arena leeches. lol That was a brilliant post. We had many turtles who giddily stuck their names on their top ten place finishes and I can imagine all of them did it with a little smug smile knowing deep down (protests that it's some sort of strategy to the contrary) that they just stole XP and favor points for doing absolutely nothing. Well, like some have told me on here recently, I wanted the changes so now I got them. You guys built your characters into turtles to exploit a loophole and now you're stuck with it. The Arenas of coasting to the top ten in defensive mode with 100 hits are over.

Elle F, Demonik1 and Kirsten like this.
  12. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Changes were made and the BA experience might be better for it - certainly it's not possible to achieve anything without being active, so maybe these incremental changes have already provided everyone with the most enjoyment, and, I return to one of Kano's stated goals, "a balanced experience". In terms of agreeing with Kirsten, she says that she didn't like the BA before recent changes, but she seems to think that the current version brought the turtles out of their shells and rewarded the players who she thought were deserving - so maybe it would be better to keep fine tuning the BA instead of scrapping the entire concept. Surely, being the last viking standing is what an arena battle is all about - now we're going to have an "arena" battle where there's no reward for the sole survivor...

We lose the BA, our "arena", and end up with the FAST, the Fill-ups and Stamina Tourney.

I think the FAST could be fun, but it's no "arena" - why remove the arena concept from the game?

13. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

i think it depends on what platform you're on. i can't say for sure because i always get taken out so quick, but i'm pretty sure that no one with only 100 attacks gets into the top 10 on kong (or even the top 20). maybe other platforms are different. why not adjust the arenas by platform? i know that there are some things offered on some platforms and not others, even though the games are the same.

Demonik1 likes this.
  14. Kirsten

Just to be clear, about the turtles ( and why does my font keep changing lol) I am talking about one game and a couple (2)of players in the FB PC arena who actually were more active,that is one of 4 games on 4 platforms, these changes are needed ,and It will not change how I play it ,and most people are not even gonna be aware of it till they do not wind up in the top ,20 05 50 ,then they may wake up, if they do great,if they don't too bad for them. Those of us who are active and I am by no means some mega level but I do alright, will be fine. Hopefully it prods the turtle players to make a change and join everyone else.

Demonik1 likes this.
  15. Kirsten

On Fb in PC it is bad and I hear others in the other games see it also.

16. Kirsten

Well " Drama Queen";) since you are active this will probably not affect you in a negative way, regarding the point system for ranking. There are things about the games I don't always like but after playing one of them for 4 years ,others for 3 and less, I doubt that the things I don't like would make me stop playing. :rolleyes:

Demonik1 likes this.
  17. Demonik1

Ive always been one of if not the most active in e ery arena
    on server 2 ive been able to have the time to play so these changes will of course benefit me so my opinion before the fact may be a bit biased. Im just saying that everyone should give it a few runs before they all start complaining...unless youre one of the famous leeches then of course your opinions will be biased on the other end haha the only problem i can see with any of the changes is the revive feature and abusing it one way or the other but that will be dealt with in time if it becomes a huge problem or sooner if noone wants nor likes it

Kirsten and Toker like this.
  18. BLACK ICE

BLACK ICE Member

I really think folks should look. the numbers in the arena are steadily declining. Kano wake up. this will decrease the numbers further.

ben likes this.
  19. Kirsten

Hmmmm,so the numbers are steadily declining?? good more for everyone else, and if the turtles don't care for the changes ,so what, Bottom line is the arena is for active players, and of course things run their course and people cannot play in all the times zones,that is just the nature of things.

Old Salt likes this.
  20. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Amen, sister. I stopped entering these long ago if I knew that I couldn't be active. If I have a shot at some sort of ranking, I'll continue to join them. If I don't, I won't. I just don't want to be autorevived so someone else can continue to get kill points off me over and over and boost their ranking higher while I can do nothing, that's the biggest problem I have with these changes. Maybe players can be autorevived only if they have not met an attack limit (say, 1000). Those are the players that most everyone here seems to have a problem with, so they deserve to be killed over and over since they're just hoping for a ranking for doing (practically) nothing. :rolleyes:

Kirsten and Old Salt like this.