[VC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective November 25

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 19, 2014.

1. haggis

haggis Member

havent seen more than 10 people on fight list all day, lucky to pick up a kill or two before getting slammed through def mode in under 10 min-just like normal BA but at least i can respawn and do it over and over. To what end who knows, the leaderboard should be interesting!

some ideas-havent seen these mentioned but forgive me if they have.
    if respawn is kept how about dimished rewards for killing the same person over and over. Like GW but with higher decreasing returns. this might coincide well with prior suggestions of removing a target from save list when they die.
    also maybe somewhat scale the points and health bonus for killing relative to level? so a high level kills a low and gets less than a midrange -or lowrange, killing the low.. might change the gameplay dynamics as well as the fairness of the leaderboard
    will also repeat something I said earlier about penalising 1/3 of score since last respawn, not total score:/ thats just cruel!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
    Grand Master Fielding likes this.
  2. queen warrior

queen warrior New Member

The quickest way to a man's heart is not through the stomach but through his chest, with an axe................love It :p

Demonik1 likes this.
  3. JAMO2025

JAMO2025 New Member

the basic idea behind the score system is a good 1 and has the chance to be a great one it just needs a lot of tweaking.
    1. the 1/3 rd point penalty is way too high and impossible for all but a few players to ever get back after you die the 1st time wich is why almost no1 is reviving in BA now
    2 despite a few players (ben) most agree been able to save the same targets so you kill them over and over again as they respawn is unfair (again only a few greedy players benefit from it)
    3 out of the 1300 players that joined I would bet at most 300 of them are actualy active during the event they only join for the xp they get for joining in the 1st place wich is why I think a clone system of sorts would make it more interesting
    4 I agree with haggis some sort of points reduction the more you kill the same targets

Kirsten likes this.
  4. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

the only thing that needs changing from the new arena is everything get rid of it, its rubbish and easy for people to use there mini's over and over again bring back the old style of play at least people enjoyed it

kevinmalo and Kirsten like this.
  5. I've got another idea that I've wanted see happen since we have all been named "viking". It would be very helpful if the targets available were numbered, color coordinated or somehow identifiable to us. I'm not saying that the names should all be different, but if it were numbered, I could be able to go down the list from say one to two to three etc. Or switch from one black one to one red one and one yellow one. That way I would know where I last left off when determining which target to attack next.
    I still say... get rid of the saved target once the player has killed me. I've been killed now 5 separate times by the same person. It really is not fair at all that the top level players can just sit up there and wait for my hour to be up and then come pick me off as soon as I respawn. If this is not remedied, I will not be returning to the BA, which is... no was... one of my favorite pieces of the game.

6. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I already made a suggestion for adding a number to each row of the fight list, but probably the list was designed for bots and not humans...

7. John Luna

John Luna Member

This is the best change for those who deny having other accounts so I will put it this way....with a guild full of (cough) guildies who don't mind paying to revive so the guild leader can killed them repeatedly which will help level the leader and improve the arena health, its best thing since slice bread ...wow a cheat dream. I love these. :) priceless super-health for everyone.

Lucifer likes this.
  8. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

FYI - at 5 30 am on Friday November 28 - there are still 85 people left in the arena - however ONLY ONE PERSON SHOWING UP ON MY FIGHT LIST - no matter how often KANO tries to say they have fixed the problems with the fight list. KANO you wanna do something about this????

Kano Moderator 2 likes this.
  9. Grand Master Fielding

Toker - just FYI, for me to have won this round of the Battle Arena, I had to basically do a $50 buy in.

Now I'll grant you that there need to be changes from time to time or things get stale, HOWEVER KANO's last 2 major changes (RAID bosses and these updates to the B/A) have been an absolute disaster. And our communication with KANO has been little more than a joke. I can't blame anyone for threatening to quit. Quite frankly, I'm seriously thinking of quitting playing the game because of the ridiculous treatment myself and other players close to me have gotten from KANO. One could go on for hours about that subject.

KANO needs to get it's act in gear and stop trying to steal our dollars - or there won't be a game in a few months because all their players will be gone.

10. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

load of rubbish no one on list

11. Grand Master Fielding

I'm still having the same problems Bully Thor. Very ridiculous how KANO is acting now.

12. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

For some reason they want to make all their events to go for days, no matter if the players are enjoing it or have time for them or not. Now they are feeding the players left very slowly to keep the active players online and thrilled until the last moment of the arena as it must last for 3 days.

13. Grand Master Fielding

Gaze - you're likely onto something. Hadn't thought about it in quite that way. Likely you're right. Hoping they can siphon more money out of us. Makes me wanna spend less.

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We're actively looking into the currently fight list problems so that participants left alive can have some one to battle.

We discussed many changes to the Arena this week, including potentially making it shorter if three days are too long. Believe it or not, we would like people to actually enjoy their experience with our game, and we're very sorry with how this Arena turned out. As I said a day or so ago, we are making changes with the intention of improving the game and since that did not work out despite our best efforts and preliminary testing, we are taking these Battle Arena changes back to the drawing board.

15. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

Thank you for looking this over again. The BA this time around was truly something else. That's for sure.

16. Grand Master Fielding

I've had no one to fight for nearly 8 hours - this is beyond ridiculous.

17. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

I think I broke my refresh button a while ago from how many times I kept trying to get something. I've already had myself killed now because I was tired of waiting around and playing the defense game anymore.

Kirsten likes this.
  18. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

i want my favor points back from last 3 days

19. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Put this BA..they way it currently stands on a viking ship and light it on fire....give it a proper burial...bring back the NO revive , and sudden death....its ruined now :(:mad::eek:

20. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Active Member

Ok tried and I do not like these changes so bye arena it is a waste of time .You removed the best thing raid bosses and now broke down another best thing battle arena what to say....you
    disappointed me