[VC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective November 25

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 19, 2014.

1. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

Your Score:55418678 and then Boom now my score is 277 wth? I didn't die yet, i dont think I am gonna like these new rules

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

This was changed, you now have to accept the revive after one hour.

The scores are being maintained in the database; what you're seeing is a reporting error and the devs are working on it.

George Burd likes this.
  3. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I am having the refresh issues as well no choices I can hit some heavy hitters or noone at all

4. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Just once? This has happened to me no less than 13x.

5. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

When everyone is revived in sudden death and then killed, is that a 1/3 penalty again?

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

There is no 1/3 penalty there.

We're also working on the Fight list to pull more targets for everyone.

7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I went defense when saw it Fielding, wasn't going to deal with it while they are figuring out what is going on.

8. Grand Master Fielding

It's an error alright. KANO didn't do a good job of proofing this before the arena. Can hardly play now. Thanks KANO

9. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

I am not liking this. I was able to kill a high player, after someone else weakened them. And now I think the person revived themselves. I think the save should just be removed. That way it also helps out the level 250 peoples that can't play because they keep being killed when they are revived.

10. JAMO2025

JAMO2025 New Member

yeh the save target should be removed if the arena stays like this, or you will find yourself getting hit by the same player if you try to revive yourself, kill a target wait and if he revives you have yourself a easy target again without hunting for 1

King of all Norsemen likes this.
  11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

This is a good point, I'll get the developers to look into this case for future Battle Arenas.

Kirsten likes this.
  12. JAMO2025

JAMO2025 New Member

I also think losing 1 third of your score is way too high when you die, only a handful of players will have a score come the end of the arena as the rest will be killed so many times in the 1st 2 days they will be lucky to have any score at all

Kirsten likes this.
  13. John Gilli

John Gilli Member

ok, so i was able to play for awhile at the start. I ran my health up from 2B to 8B before the player with 32B found me. slowly went down to 4B before staying in defense. came out, and was promptly killed. so now I start over at, i think, 2/3x8B or about 5B. where the guy that had 32B will now have 50B. no thanks Kano. no thanks.

Kirsten likes this.
  14. ben

ben Active Member

im playing vc on kp2 and so far not bad ... but i sure see where the gost to play it going to take its toe on the players ... for what reward 1 will really make out of it ...

15. JAMO2025

JAMO2025 New Member

no1 reviving in BA because the moment you do the top 10 players with 100 kills jump on you before you have a chance to do anything. the changes you made where to make ba more active but it failed now its just a xp farm for the top 10 guys and no one else can do anything. the biggest problem I see is the points loss you get when you die, no1 want s to keep droping 1 third of there points with no chance of getting it back, I myself would be more happy with a auto revive after a hour but no points loss in when you die, this way there is always lots of targets but people wont have to worry about there score droping when they do die, i would be reviving myself as i speak if it was like that but no chance im feeding xp to players already OP

Guardian Angel, George Burd and Xtina like this.
  16. Viken Hacneed

Viken Hacneed New Member

Agreed! I would have been much better off never reviving. I barely get a chance to participate as it was usually getting killed within 5 minutes of start regardless of whether or not I am in defensive mode. Now I'm penalized for trying to participate. Well at least the top players will always stay on top with this new set up. Don't want to encourage the lower levels to stay.

George Burd and Xtina like this.
  17. Viken Hacneed

Viken Hacneed New Member

18. haggis

haggis Member

death penalty-may be fairer to take 1/3 of points gained since last respawn as opposed to 1/3 of total

George Burd and JADES like this.
  19. Grand Master Fielding

FYI - the fight list (at least on Kano Server 2) is NOT FIXED. It worked right for approximately 1.5 hours last night. Stopped working again last night, still not working now.

20. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Maybe from time to time they should randomly resurrect some players to feed the lions before they will start to eat each other.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    Kirsten likes this.