[ZS] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective for October 10, 2013

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slave

slave Member

mi7ch, i want my questions answered about what my stam is good for, since you seem to be limiting it uses with lightening speed lately
    i dont suppose reallocation is a possiblility? cuz you have pooched arena as far as im concerned and i spent a year building my stamina for it and now its useless, cuz if i know you guys, you set it at a ridicoulously low amount when we go into time out

so what you expect is the high stam players to do the work and the snipers to sit back and feed off the carcasses and get fat dumb and happy....congratulations on a tremendous idea, however...

theres not a sane person spending un for stamina in this arena environment...

so if your trying to raise money by having people buy un, i think your going to sorely disappointed,
    and on the un thing....the new characters are about two years behind, and they are badly undervalued, thats just my two cents

2. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

Why should we have to adjust our normal strategy when BA is suppose to be about attacking and killing. Why doe's Kano want to force the active players to be less active ? Sounds like you are shooting yourself in the foot with this change.

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

As I said I'm working on a clarifying post which should ease your fears.

Rest assured that we're not hampering active players or limiting those who have put a lot of points into their Stamina.

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

So as a lower level player in ZS...how am i to approach the arena tomorrow without knowing how much i will be able to attack before my "cool down period" kicks in or how long it will last? As a lower level I pretty much depend on quick kills of inactive lower level accounts early on before I am discovered and taken out. Because I am a lower level I basically have to go "all in " in terms of my health when going after an inactive player.....if my kill gets sniped Im usually done for because my health is to low to recover from and it also puts a huge target on my back whether in D stance or not. My only other viable alternative is to snipe another players kill which inevitable results in the player whos kill i sniped turning on me and once again being killed while in D stance or not. How am I to get kills now? Wait until someone hits there cool down period and jump in for the kill with the countless others that will do the same? Why do i get the feeling when the player who took them down finds out i cashed in on their efforts I will once again be making a quick exit?

5. polishpimp

Sweet....so my strategy of going after a single opponent from beginning to end wont be affected by this update regardless of my opponents health or the number of attacks I have non stop? So when does the cool off period kick in?

Unless we know exactly how long we can use "bursts" or how long a "cool down" period lasts....theres nothing strategic about it. It will boil down to luck as we will be fumbling around completely in the dark

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The amount of attacks you can make before entering cooldown will be respresented by a green bar that changes color the more you attack to let you know how close you are to cooldown and there will be a timer to tell you when the cooldown period is over.

7. Kenny Scantland

Kenny Scantland New Member

playing legitimately i play it right i att till i kill em or get it stolen now i cant do that at least get rid of def mode it just ruins the arena any way for the people playing

8. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

if you stop attacking does the attack bar regen ? Or do you have to use it all the way down first ?

9. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

"After reviewing recent gameplay issues and user feedback we will be implementing additional strategy to the Battle Arenas."

Here's the strategy I will use if this comes to VC:
    After reviewing recent game changes by Kano to promote the sniping during the Arena I will make the following changes:
    1) I will enter and get the free xp but not play
    2) I will no longer purchase fp's for my game play ( yes, game play IS 2 words )
    3) I will quickly become bored and find something else to do

10. polishpimp

Im starting to understand a this a bit more (i think).. Im going to assume that our attacks on a player wont ever be interrupted completely. If we start attacking an opponent with 3 attacks using the slider at some point the cool down period will kick in and we will be relegated to lets say 1 attack per for some currently unknown amount of time, at some point when the cool down period ends we can resume are full attack of 3 per?

This definitely promotes sniping if not used strategically. I like the idea of additional strategy. I also like the idea that in theory it will lengthen the arena which should make defensive stance times more proportionate with the length of an arena. What I dont like is not Knowing how long we can use our burst of 3 attacks per and how long the cool down period will last. NOt knowing does not make it cant be used strategically as intended.

Wouldnt it all be easier if u simplly lowered the amount of attack per on the slider? Like 2 for example. Or even 1 if the participation numbers are very low. Basically make the available number of attacks per dependent on the number of participants like ive suggested on numerous occasions

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@Larry Skary The bar regenerates when you're not attacking, is my understanding. You don't have to completely deplete it before it will start refilling.

@Robert Belrose This update hardly promotes sniping, more like it produces incentive to not spam your attacks. Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gameplay or, if you prefer something with a little less peer-editing: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gameplay

12. polishpimp

So approx how many attack bursts of 3 per will it take to run out the green bar? How long will a cool off period last? This is essential to know before we waste our stamina and health on an opponent. Is the amount of time we can use a 3 attack burst dpend solely on the number of times we use it or are there other factors such as the amount of damage inflicted etc etc ? Is the length of the cool down period the same for everyone? Or does it have other variables that come into play such as ones level or strengths etc etc?

13. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

Thank You for answering that mi7ch and i really hope that is how it works :)

14. Just Dreym

Just Dreym Member

I hope you guys are right this time because if your wrong your going to just be encouraging snipers. What you need to do is what I had suggested months ago, if someone is on a target they should be locked down for a set period of time, say 20 seconds, so that targets can't be sniped. I have wasted i cant even tell u how much UN just for my targets to get sniped over and over again. My defense timer went from 3 hours 45 mins to 1 hour and 45 mins. I had to change my ENTIRE build because of all the negative changes you guys decided to make, including increasing my stamina up 500 points just so i had a chance to rank like before when my timer was 3 hours 45 mins. And now increasing all of stamina may be worthless, cause your catering to snipers, really? I know you guys want to try and get rid of the auto clickers etc, and I'm with you there 100%, but your going the wrong way about it. And because your going the wrong way about it this time it's gonna cost you folks UN sales, so your hurting yourselves just as much as everyone else. Please reconsider before it's too late. This is going to be a headache for everyone.

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I've updated my original post, hopefully that explains things a bit better.

16. polishpimp

If we dont know the details of course it will promote sniping. If Ive no idea how long I will be in cool down mode .....how will i know how to use my bursts? Not knowing until after im in it may very well have me using 1 attack per (or worse none) when it comes time for the kill shot. At that point a sniper comes in firing with 3 attack per greatly increasing there chances.

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@polish The way it's explained to me by the developer behind it is that the green bar and how fast it depletes is different for each person based on a calculation of a few different things. By attacking a person a few times you should get the sense of how fast your bar depletes and how many attacks you can do before you're in the red.

18. Radu

Radu New Member

great idea, Kano ! no more mindless clicking (10.000 attacks/3 in the first 10-12 min of the arena...technical still a wonder but saw it). do whatever it takes so people use their brains and a good strategy to play, not clicking like crazy.

you have a big like.

P.S. for those who don't agree, reply and swear, i will for sure read it in real time, am very interested about your opinion.

Greetings,

Radu
    The Sarcastic Viking

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Here's the updated post:

When attacking another player in the Battle Arena, you will see a green bar on your screen. This represents the amount of attacks you can perform on your target before you enter cooldown (the bar will change from green-yellow-red as you get closer to cooldown). If you stop attacking for a short period, the bar will recharge, and if you space out your attacks appropriately, the bar will stay in the green longer. Attacking very quickly in a short period of time will drain the bar and you will enter cooldown.

Cooldown is represented by a timer on your screen.

For example, if you are attacking someone, to start you will want to space out your attacks to ensure that you do not kick off the cooldown. As the person you're attacking starts losing health, you can play it safe and maintain the cadence of your attacks or use up your bar in an attempt to finish them off before the cooldown kicks in.

The green bar is unique to each fights and does not cover the enterity of every fight you have in the arena. If you are in cooldown on one fight, simply switch to another while you wait for the timer to run down.

20. Kenny Scantland

Kenny Scantland New Member

ok i know my strat now its goin to be easy for me to finish top 10 i mean easy so if yall want to make it easier for me to finish in the top 10 be my guest i just think it should be fair while im killing everone that they have a small chance but good luck all.i dont like this idea and it favors me cause i know what to do and how to win at this strat it will just slow it down and will loose active players

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.