[Other] Change it back.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by The Protector, Nov 24, 2012.

1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

We were going so good too..until ya mentioned the search.

Search does need to stay otherwise the higher levels will be almost certain to rank in the top every time.

Threats need to get knocked out fast.

2. ben

ben Active Member

its a big down fall for battle arena it takes all due fairness to all players out...

what a shame now more players will not join...

i rate it a 10 it needs to be changed back and put all due fairness back into battle arena...

3. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Not really sure why this is an issue. Are people really on here defending the right for those who just join but don't play to get rewards for managing to place in the top 100 because nobody bothered to take out their pirate beforehand? Seems to me to be a no brainer that only those who actively participate in the Arena be able to reap the rewards.

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Well once the numbers fall,let's see if you and anyone else against changing it back still feels the same.

5. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

If the numbers falling are people who have no intention of playing the Arena anyway but are just seeing if they can get through to claim a hefty prize then its no great loss. I don't understand your argument.

6. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Old Salt you and me both know each other i am going to try to explain it from this point of view. Say if you joined the arena with the sole purpose of playing it but you won't be able to play on it right away or maybe an hour or two at most. And then you do get on and your still alive you have made it down to the tier rankings that you receive rewards for. You try to make those 100 hits but you feel short by 20 for the requirement. Should that person be punished no they shouldn't. You and i both know in pc arena on facebook version when you reach the bottom 100 players it becomes even more of a feeding frenzy looking for players to drain health and add to yours. The simple solution is still revert it back since this should have been done in the very first arena when we all complained it's to late to change something this drastic. Instead add that offline/online feature and if you happen to get there in the rankings then you get them. Everyone some how missed you. And lets be honest if they show the online offline feature on players who are the first ones players are going to go for. The offliners of course will be the ones everyone target first to up there health as much as possible.

And at protector. The search feature in the arena does not help the small ones find the big ones. You will know when you hit someone big when you see that huge health reward on them. If anything that search feature helps the big players clear a path of huge health rewards if they are working in tandem to other players. If i a mid range pirate with low health and i want to survive arena then i would get with someone who is a high level pirate with huge health who i can send links to from that search and have them obliterate the competition and secure me a spot down in the rankings for helping them and if anyone would attack me i would just send that link to that huge health pirate and have them obliterate them also. So see you may think it caters to finding the big players in the arena but if anything it helps them kill off more mid levels and keep building there health.

And before anyone says i just want these things so i can survive in arena. Yes i have ranked numerous times in pirate clan if i so choose to go after the ranking tier and i do have a huge health reward also which many players like coming after me for that are higher then me and who's health reward is larger then mine also.

7. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

I think a minimum number of attacks is great because if you do nothing you dont deserve a reward. it would not bother me at all if the minimum attacks was higher. if you are ACTIVE it is easy to get the required number of attacks. so i am voting to keep the minimum attack number for REWARDS

8. MADAXE

MADAXE New Member

The lack of warning might have been a bit off, but i think it's a great idea. I'd go even further. I'd relegate the non-participants even further down with the other non-participants, 'cos it's a pain just missing out on reward places when you've been battling. Everyone knows what time the Arena starts, and you can join in up to the last minute. I always join, and if i don't get the chance to play, hey, i've still got the experience pts. :)

9. Eraser

Eraser Member

Makes no sense to me..

They join for the join XP. why would they stop joining?

Does anyone join and not play, and expect to get an award there after?

Really I say, I think it should be stiffer. 1 kill to get rewards.

Why should you be rewarded just for joining passed the join reward?

This is "making" things fair not taking the fairness out.

10. so you want to have xp and rewards for doing nothing? Whats the point of playing the game?? 1 *

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

There we go Jon.

I agree with that.

But with the search,we use it like our rivals use it...on fb it might be harder to figure out who's who for awhile.

But on myspace,its OBVIOUS who's who when it comes to the high levels.

So the search might not be used the same way it is on fb,but it does need to stay.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  12. Jon Ward

Okay another solution then since i see cassiovia brought up a statement which made me think. So you want rewards and experience for doing nothing. Well don't you get rewards and exp in regular battle for doing nothing also when someone hits your character and they lose you gain the experience. So why don't we have kano implement that into the game that any player who loses against you you gain experience from there hit. And i thought about this and i am pretty sure in arena if u lose to someone that player you lost to does not gain that experience as they do in battle. And it is battle arena so why not change that also since were changing things for players. to make it fair as possible. And if not isn't that technically a double standard.

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Good point again Jon.

Always wondered about that.

14. Jon Ward

I enjoy battle arena as much as the next person and there is times i can't play because of my job But everytime i can play i will be playing . Should i be robbed of getting a spot reward if someone doesn't kill me off before hand because i have a strong account no nor do i think someone else who could have had an emergency in there family or there job or something else comes up. Just because someone doesn't play at a specific time does not mean they shouldn't be given the same chances as the next player. And it was talked about at the beginning of the game the developers said no but so many players complain about the one's who make it down there with no hits. I would challenge that as even though they did not hit they did get hit and they won fights from being hit so isn't that technically considered playing also since it can be the same as in regular battle you can be offline and have full health and you can come back on with either wins or losses so unless your completely dead in the game then your account is always playing for someone win or lose. So kano has a lot of things to consider on this feature.

15. sTINKer

sTINKer Member

dang no crying luvs.....i have lots of issues with arena...but in the end it is at least a new and easy way to get xp in game...give the devs a break and maybe we can get new bosses, lands and challenges...think about it ;)

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Who's crying?

All I see is some wanting arena changed back to how it was.

17. Jon Ward

No crying. If you ask anyone when the arena first came out i was one who strongly asked for this feature to be added but that was when arena was brand spanking new to the games. If kano was going to remove this feature or put a limit on it they should have done so long ago when arena's were first started up. There has been multiple suggestions for kano to look at and take into consideration from not only in the forums but i am sure also emails. Your having a small faction in games again dictate how all arena's should be for all games. And yet if it wasn't for those players who can't play and entered in the hopes of surviving there goes those health rewards and your chance for survival. I have already realized in arena if your going for kills you find the ones you can snipe or you attack players to see if they attack back if they don't then you can hit and kill them and gain more health. Without them in the game many players who complained about them getting rewards will no longer get rewards themselves and then complain even further.

Voiced my opinion enough tonight on this issue.

18. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

LMAO. Its a no brainer, if u cant be there in time to get your 100 hits or u simply dont care to even try than u dont deserve to get a reward. A player who does nothing is already compensated with free XP for just signing up. Its the players that actively play in the arena and spend FP that support the arena and Kano itself, The inactives do nothing but prolong the arena and force the actives to spend more to support the dead beats.

100 attacks is nothing, in fact the limit should be much higher if anything, the arena was meant to be all out war and to reward those who actually support these games and like to battle. The fact that inactive players were allowed to get rewards was a loophole if ever there was a loophole.

Player count may drop, but it certainly wont be because of this. The vast majority of inactive players dont get to the reward tier, basically they are signing up for the free XP. As long as there is free XP ....players will contuinue to enter. If a particular inactive player/players is regularly getting to the rewartd tier......this would be highly suspicious and should be looked at very closely by Kano for obvious reasons.

I give this idea 1 star as I would like the arena become what it was actually intended to be and not a welfare system

19. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

:pI agree with alot said, here I also fought to not let inactives get rewards, as I saw in each an every arena, inactives placing in the top 10 here on Fb, and in the top 100 without attacking once, it got to the point after the third arena I was not gonna even participate, but then figured I would join for the xp, I wound up placing real well a few times in the top 100 at least twice and even in the top 10 once, but I still think there should be no reward, or less of a reward at the very least, but saying 100 attacks, which is not much can backfire, as if it starts when someone is at work and will be home not too long after it starts it makes sense to go into def mode from the beginning, but then when ya get out ya usually got the herd waiting to go in for the kill so ya may not get a chance to even get the 100 hits in, ughhhh but if this had been dealt with at the beginning it would not even be an issue now.

20. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I can see both sides of the issue, and I really don't care one way or the other, so I did not vote. I will say that I have never received an award in any of the arenas (LCN, Vikings, and Pirates) when I did not actively participate, although I know that others have. I join every arena, even if I know that I will be asleep when it starts and will be killed before I wake up to try to get a few attacks in. I agree almost 100% with Polish, and I seriously doubt arena participation will be drastically reduced with this change, although it may drop some. If this is changed back to no attacks required for a ranking, I won't have a huge problem with it, but I think the devs have other things to work on besides this, IMHO.