[Other] Change it back.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by The Protector, Nov 24, 2012.

1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

You did not meet the minimum attack count of 100 to collect reward.

Come on Kano are you serious.

I know some wanted it changed but seriously?

You've successfully killed the arena as the count will now drop.

I just saw in TGIF that this was mentioned but it wont encourage gameplay it will KILL IT.

Way to go you've ruined it now.

You'll see the numbers start to drop don't worry.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Thought the idea was to keep the arena numbers up,not kill it off.

If the idea is to kill off the arena then congrats you've most likely done it now.

The fact that inactive players survived that long should be telling you something.

Facebook usually has 1000 or close to it,I bet that'll drop a bit.

Myspace usually doesn't hit 400 I've never seen it hit 500(vc/pc dont play zs and lcn so someone else has to clarify how many usually join those 2 on myspace)

Now that 300+ is probably going to drop even more.

Way to go Kano.....NOT.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

To those that wanted this change,you'll see how this was a bad idea.

4. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

I agree this is stupid i voted 10/10 we should get this changed back to how it was before!!!

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Wow we agree again...

6. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

yes indeed

7. Debra Otter

Debra Otter Member

why change it.. I don't start playing right away. sometimes I come in and I am dead.. sometimes I can get some hits in.

8. jothong

jothong Member

Are you kidding???? In the last arena in PC, 3 of the top 12 folks DIDN'T PLAY.

How is that fair to those of us that fought tooth and nail to try to get to an award level? If you just want the xp for signing up, great. You should have to actually PARTICIPATE to get any rewards though.

I applaud this change and hope that Kano institutes it across all arenas. If you are too busy to play in the arena - don't take a reward spot from someone who tried.

9. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

YES! make this change in Pirate Clan as well. I understand it is a SURVIVAL game, but if they don't make even an EFFORT to PARTICIPATE, why give rewards or ranking? GOOD CHANGE.

10. Eraser

Eraser Member

HAHAHA I love it. Now if they only would make a minimum number of attacks to get a KILL reward.

1 star.

11. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I am surprised this is an issue. 100 attacks is nothing for someone who plays Arena. I can only see the non active being unhappy with this kind of change.

I can't see how this will kill Arena?!

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Of course you wouldn't.

Of course the numbers will fall which will kill the arena.

Less amount of players=less stamina refills=less $$ for Kano.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  13. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Any active player in the Arena is going to do more then 100 attacks without even trying. How will this make the numbers fall?

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Anyone in the reward tier earned that spot and deserves the reward for it.

It's not like inactives can fight back.

Not the inactive players fault if their not considered a threat.

Next thing ya know they'll listen to the other whiners and move the inactives down the list and move active players that were knocked out early up the ranks which wouldn't be fair either as they most likely were knocked out for a reason.

So once again,Kano has destroyed a perfectly legit strategy in the arena.

Inactives don't fight back so they could get knocked out at any time.

If no one knocks them out,then they should get the reward for where they placed.

You might not think it'll kill the arena,but don't be surprised if those numbers drop.

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Would you like to rethink what you just said?

16. slave

slave Member

i dont see it changing anything with regards to numbers, the inactives are not joining to try to place in the arena, maybe you do, but i tend to think most of the inactives join for the xp and could care less where they place, and if they happened to get a reward then they were lucky on top of everything else. there are very few that join expecting to get a reward and not play.

and if the number does go down slightly its just fewer inactive accounts to paste till we get down to the end.

it wont make participation any greater, but i dont think it will affect the number of people joining, after all free xp is free xp....

17. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Okay i have been sitting here watching from both sides of the fence. But the one thing that i keep coming to myself is that it should have been dealt with when the arena first started. Many players did not like that inactives could rank in the arena without doing any work. Well now its been so many arena's and everyone has been use to them ranking.

Now the biggest thing for me is if someone wants to ride the wave into the tier board to receive a ranking and did all that hard work to get down there and survive they have to get those 100 hits in before someone kills them off. And lets think about this if you have played an arena the farther you get into tier brackets the more hits go flying around faster because the ones who have not used the defensive stance as of yet start to use it to get even lower in the rankings. So if your one of those players who used it to get down there and then you have no protection your going to be seeked out quickly and chain listed before you can get to 100 hits. Remember some players may only be able to do 400 to 500 hits themselves before there health is gone so it's basically taking away any chance for smaller players in the arena to get anywhere in it. So i can see protector's point on it losing out members.

So here is the easiest solution i could come up with myself- Kano should change it back to the way it was. And instead we use the offline/online beside the player's name. It's the same way in the battle page of the games if someone is online able to be attacked or offline in the hospital and not able to be attacked. And since we all know there is no hospital in arena if your offline your still able to receive attacks. And if any player who is offline somehow manages to make it in the rankings now no one is to blame except the one's online who did not either see that player or did not kill the inactive problem solved simple and easy in my opinion. And yeah i know someone won't like my idea but you come up with one to make kano revert back

18. Jon Ward

Sorry i forgot to say my vote. 10 change it back since it should have been dealt with in the beginning not this late into battle arena being here for this long.

19. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Thank you Jon and very interesting bout the online/offline thing.

That should defo be added.

20. Jon Ward

I figured if they did that offline/online like battle get rid of that stupid search feature also so it gives everyone including the ones that are inactive or offliners as they can be referred to if implemented no one should complain it will be fair across the boards just like in battle just because your in the hospital in regular battle doesn't mean your safe there either you can be whipped killed or bountied anytime if u have any health above the mark were you can be whipped and bountied again. But arena would not have that feature of a hospital just a offline feature. If you get to the rankings offline kudos you deserve it then if no one caught you by then being offline the whole time.