[VC] Calendar & arena start times

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Brosnik, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

I know you guys at Kano say you like to vary the start times of the assorted three day calendars and the arena so that you give the players all a fair chance. Great, but you seem to limit your start times to PDT & PST. I don't recall seeing you start one at a sensible GMT yet (unless I have missed it). Bearing in mind that the other side of the planet to Kano HQ is another half of the world and that your games are global, can you also build in GMT start times that are convenient for the rest of us who live in Europe & Asia & Africa etc., too please? I quite often miss the start of the area in the UK and when I go to play I am already dead!!! Bummer I think that I just might not be the only one in that situation.

2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

This has been brought up before. http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthre...rena-Start-Time-!&highlight=arena+start+times There is at least one arena each month that does not have a good start time for me personally (EST). I still join them anyway on the off chance that I will still be alive when I'm able to, although I almost never am. Every player runs into this issue, which is why Kano is rotating the arena start days and times. My understanding is that this is being monitored by Kano for any changes that may be necessary.

3. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

10 from me, they need to think about everyone playing the game and not just the west coast of the U.S.

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'm West coast ;) they usually start at midnight though, so not sure how we are getting the benefits out of the start time.

5. Demonik1

theyve been alternating between day and night starts usually

6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The 3 day calendars are always the same time, they do not vary, and the arena's have 3 (maybe 4 times) in the schedule and it rotates in that order, as far as I can see. I don't keep track, but if the time is good for me, I may join, if not oh well, The next one in PC will be late at night, since the last one the other day started at 9:00 pm EST so the next one should be more in tune with another part of the world.:) I do not feel it is limited to one time zone, just that Kano is located in the PST time zone, so they use their clock, to let us know when it begins. So ya have to figure out what time that is in your own time zone. I suggest if the timing for the start is not "convenient", then enable def mode and try to get there are soon as you can.

7. Demonik1

very good advice linda

8. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

I don't see how I can enable Def mode unless the game has started - in which case I will play it. I saw in a news letter once how they say they vary the start time to be fair to all, but is is still limited to only one side of the planet where there are two time zones across North America. It still leaves out the rest of us. Varying means what silly time is it this time. I have sometimes managed to get an 8pm start time. I have a tab on my tool bar to convert the three time zones so I can see when they start for Europe. It is usually a bit of a silly time, like midnight or something. Linda, can you explain how to enable Def mode before the game has started please as perhaps I am missing something.

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Click your arena profile name and scroll down for def stance

10. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Oh yeah - thanks Matt, not seen that before.