Buying Skill Points with Favor Points?

Discussion in 'Rejected Ideas' started by xXjoshXx, May 7, 2012.

1. xXjoshXx

xXjoshXx New Member

I think it would be a really cool idea if we were able to buy skill points with favor points.
    I would offer something else to buy in the gods instead of the basic Rare Items, Refills, And even the New Characters. It would also add a bit more intensity to the games. You could add more to attack or defense or anything really. I'm not to sure of a pricing system for it. I think like always buying in bulk is a discount. Maybe like this:

5FP=10 Points
    7FP=13 Points
    10FP= 17 Points

I don't really know what discounts there could be but you guys and girls get the basic concept of what I mean.

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

this has been brought up a few times and sorry but it is NEVER gonna happen with kano and it should not ever happen :)

3. xXjoshXx

xXjoshXx New Member

Why not? (Need 10 letters)

4. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

i totally agree no way
    you have to earn them thats fair to all

5. xXjoshXx

xXjoshXx New Member

How is buying it not fair? You have to earn your favor points. Why not be rewarded for more levels or for even paying for the favor points.

6. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

you can purchase gfs at the moment
    but as for purchaseing skills i dont agree
    would make it unfair as thats part of the game at the moment that everyone has the same
    yes you can buy gfs to add stam or buy weapons but as for skills this would be a bad idea

7. xXjoshXx

xXjoshXx New Member

But not everyone is the same. I mean you're taking down my idea like right away. I mean if you actually think it would give people an advantage to everyone because they can use FP to level it up like everyone else. However if they want more points to where it is unfair they would have to buy them somehow. Why not be rewarded for harder working and using the points you earned.

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I am sorry but this is not a new idea and is struck down each time and Kano will never implement it :) it is one of the worst things that could happen to the game, :( have seen what it has done to another game and it was not pretty

9. slave

slave Member

josh, this game is so much better than mafia wars because you cant buy skill points, if you could them the best weapon in the game would be a credit card not anything you do in game....and if thats not a good enough reason, then this should be....
    say someone goes all energy and doesnt put a thing into att/def but all nrg and stamina, then after he rolls up to level 2000, then buys enough skill pts to become a hunter, and getting to levell 2000 doesnt take all that long if your pure nergy....and that would ruin the game, and if you dont think it would, thats your opinion...but it would, it ruined mafia wars, it would ruin this one too....

10. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

it destroyed Pirates of the Carribbean another game from the same company as mafia wars the kano games are very well rounded strategic games, the best I have seen so far.

11. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

A lot of players will be taking down your idea right away when they see it. Kano has been one of the few games that does not allow this and hopefully they will continue on with that tradition your idea is a 1 for me.

12. kayjay

kayjay Guest

yep agree with you Linda bad idea

13. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Sorry Josh but I agree with others. This isn't a good idea. I think one of the reasons so many enjoy Kano's games is because they have always said they would never go down the road of selling Skill Points. I have a lot of respect for them because of it.

I believe with hard work you can always change a players build. It just becomes a point of whether your prepared to put in the time and effort or not.

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Beaten to death.Will not happen.

15. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Worst idea ever. If you need more skill points, then complete achievements or level up. Buying skill points is a shortcut Kano thankfully will never allow!

16. 1000

1000 Member

if you could them the best weapon in the game would be a [[credit card]] not anything you do in game....and if thats not a good enough reason, then this should be....
    say someone goes all energy and doesnt put a thing into att/def but all nrg and stamina, then after he rolls up to level 2000, then buys enough skill pts to become a hunter, and getting to levell 2000 doesnt take all that long if your pure nergy...//// well, looks very clear.... bad idea on this one. FP for SK... it's a NO for me.

17. Deltan

Deltan Member

Rejected. We've beaten this one to death. It's not something that we currently nor are looking to bring to the games. I think the rating and community have spoken as well.