Bounty Price Adjustments (bullying)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Mar 31, 2010.

1. i hate saying it but its already been said.sure it deters repeat bountying of one player but that one player is 95% of the time the real bully.raising the cost higher and higher only makes them untouchable for 24hrs.

2. Sigdrifa

Sigdrifa New Member

Ya I have started to see some people who after being bountied 1x in the past 24 hours are now worth over a trillion. :eek:

On the plus side, someone spent over 900 billion to bounty me last night but I killed them with an axe slap for free. :D I hope spending all that coin was worth it ;)

3. well more bounty price and no much bounty page working haha so more players think that is boring and go play other apps lol

cut a cr@p and make game more open so more players say wow this is cool

Jack

4. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

I'm curious how this bounty system now works. A couple of days ago someone repeatedly bountied me (though I taunted him so no complaints about it), but the price went up a bit weird. I think he bountied me about 7 times in 2 hours or so.

It went from

100 billion
    200 billion
    350 billion
    500 billion
    700 billion
    900 billion

etc. Overall the price increase really wasnt that big. In fact, I'd say this is simply the original formula that was used back when this game just started :/. So how does it work exactly now?

5. Eddie

Eddie Member

@Michelrpg

I believe the price now goes up by .75 of your initial bounty.
    and so on...

I noticed this change not too long ago. I do a lot of bountying so I've been able to test it out a bit

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We plan to continue to reduce repeat bounty costs, for higher levels we will probably get it to 50%, for the lower levels their repeat costs will be reduced as well.

7. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

don't you mean you will increase repeat bounty costs?

8. Eddie

Eddie Member

He said reduce, not increase

9. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

It's probably that I'm not a native english speaker, but the way I read it this would mean that repeatedly bountying one person over and over again would become cheaper (per increase).

I do hope I misunderstand this, as this would only increase the amount of "bullying" from higher level characters :/.

10. Eddie

Eddie Member

What he is saying is that the following bounties wont be as expensive as they are now. They will still be high in price, but not as high as right now

11. Gavin

Gavin Member

What changed?

At one point Kano changed the bounty system to stop the abusive repeated bountys by increasing the 2nd, 3rd, 4th.. bounty costs. Then they reduced the initial price of bounties to allow more initial bounties. Then reduced the initial bounty price again. And now they are changing their mind and reducing the 2nd, 3rd, 4th... bounty prices. Which can lead to the repeated abusive bounties that Kano first made the bounty cost changes for.

So what's the new change for? It seems that building your empire for a higher bounty cost is useless as Kano has change the initial cost so its lower, which now leads to repeated bounties cause the next bounties will cost less now.

Seems odd and somewhat just designed for certain players.

Change the bounty system again, then change it again to accomodate those that you seem to cater too. There rest will adapt like normal, but, at least thank you for letting us know before the change occurred.

12. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

Thanks Gavin, I suspected as such but I thought I was just imagining it.

Just double the fricking bounty costs and be done with it, it's much easier. Higher players with the absurd income compared to lower players already have a big enough advantage since they are less likely to be bountied, but giving them a break in reducing costs is just absurd. I'm beginning to think that the more the battlesystem/bountysystem is fiddled with, the more it breaks down.

13. Gavin

Gavin Member

Yes there seems to be something going on, like this new proposed change for the bounty system, Kano seems to be listening to a couple or one person for changes and does so for their game play.

Also there seems to be more in that threads and posts are closed or deleted out of the blue, probably cause someone was crying to Kano. Seems like Kano again now is catering the game and now the forum for the'se' player's'. Well this may now close this thread or the post maybe removed, oh well.

14. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

or possibly this is a "paying" player. I don't know who you're referring to, and I don't even want to. It's obviously the mods here don't know the difference between an edit or a deletion (deleting an entire THREAD because one person acts like a dick? get real).

At least I got my answer. Sadly, an answer from a player, and not someone from the actual staff.