Bounty/Hitlist Trap Bugfix Poll

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kendall, Nov 10, 2011.

?

What should happen to the paid bounty cash when a player hits a trap/rigged ignition?

Poll closed Nov 12, 2011.
  1. No refund to payee

44 vote(s)
    51.8%
  2. Refund minus the hitlist fee

35 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. Refund minus 50%

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  4. Other, explain below

5 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. DragTheWaters

DragTheWaters Member

Because it's a market economy within the game. People trade experience for cash and cash for experience. With cash vanishing, the economy within the game suffers, because that cash can't be used later. It's simple economics.

2. Bad attitude

Bad attitude Member

you should just limit the hitlists in the game to like 5 there is some people in the game that like to do nothing but do random hitlists to other people and dont stop and just get off on that this is really sick and is a issue in game i have seen seriously right now i know of 3 syn 75 people that are fed up with these 3 people that keep doing this

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Hmmmm...not sure thats the way it works.....but if it does than Kano has a few aspects of the game that r really hurting the "economy". What xp is being traded for $ when someone gets listed? Pretty sure no xp is given to the person who is paying the bounty price. The person on bounty doesnt receive xp, The xp gained by someone who wins when attacking someone while on bounty doesnt rise or fall depending on the size of the bounty.

I have 5 quadrillion in the bank that gains no interest and I have no need to ever withdraw it to spend as I have similar amount on hand.....wouldnt this hurt the games "economy"?

What about the lottery? There is quadrillions being won and coming into the "economy" everyday throughout the game .......yet there is no xp swapped for it. Pretty sure the influx of all that $ from the lottery would more than cover the paltry losses lost to a BT....no?

When I think of a games economy.......it relates to skill points and XP and all the numbers attached to weapons, warrriors, and bosses. If SP and XP arent carefully balanced As well as the others things I mentioned then the game can go completely out of whack, I dont think money comes into the equation at all....or if it does it plays a much smaller roll. If your theory is correct....then the economy was doomed from the onset of the games and Kano must have learned "simple economics " from Obama....lol. But I could be wrong....wouldnt be the first time.

Thinking about it a little more....I think "game economy" essentially means balance....so money basically does play a roll in the games economy/balance in areas like how much money a player gets from different rewards and such depending on their level....but im not sure if it goes much further than that

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  4. poll is closed thats true

youve gotta admit though it was close

5. please tell me that even though no refund

that if someone hits a trap they still get knocked off regardless if healing fast

6. polishpimp

10 % is a pretty healthy win, then throw the "other" votes in with "no refund" and it begins to look like a run away. I think all but one who who voted "other" actually offered an explanation and leaned heavily or agreed with "no refund". No to mention ,......the overwhelming lack of explanation from the opposition...looked shady at best, out of 35 votes I think i could count their offered reasonings on one hand....lol

7. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Yes, and I have put this to the test already.

But Kendall did post the following when he announced the original update in the zombie slayer forum.

8. Gordon H

Gordon H New Member

So I see the problem people would have with the ones they bounty committing suicide and the money vanishing. If you decide to let the bounty payee get a refund then you also have to make sure the bountied parties bounty stays the same. If you don't then you will open up a whole new can of worms that will be worse than the one you have now.

9. Andrea the Assassin

Andrea the Assassin New Member

Agreed there...KANO gets a nice chunk of the money...it can't vanish into thin air. If KANO can fix the glitch of the money being lost, then the game might be worth playing again.

10. polishpimp

good point.

I think I asked previously....why would the persons who was on bounty have their bounty price still increase if they were killed on a trap rather than being taken down by a player. Basically it would just open up the game to more abuse as players could artificially inflate their bounty price to Numbers that most if not all couldnt afford....yet still allowing players to pull off the largest gold transfers in history.....I know i would...because it would be totally legit

Im starting to think that I should change my vote and convince others to do the same....just so I can just prove my point....and make them all rue the day they voted without truly thinking of what the repercussions could be.

KAno....please change my vote and allow the refund while still bumping the bounty price up for those that kill themselves on a trap....Much like those 35 that voted this way already...I want a very select few to grow stronger and richer and put even more distance between us and the masses. ROFLMAO!

11. Right... placing out a big bowl of troll food here...

This poll hasn't really been done properly as it is. i'm sure there are more than 85 people playing 3 kano apps...
    I still think kano needs to pull together the fix ideas 1st then do a poll.
    Right now this poll is about the refund fix or to leave it losing ingame currency.
    there are several "fixes" each with their own pros and cons.
    you can remove the ability to place a hit while on the HL - pro: very low levels are less likely to be relisted when they attack a level too high because they don't know any better
    you can use the fix in this poll ie the refund - con: the chaining + suicide to keep bounty ridiculously high
    double death for suiciding so BT death + HL death...

all sorts of things. but really this should be a case of a) does this need fixed (which is what the poll should have actually been 1st) and b) if so WHAT will the fix be.

12. Eraser

Eraser Member

Well Damn... I missed the voting :(

I would have voted for the cash disapearing anyway... Im just wondering. If you trap somone and kill them from the list. Do you get a hitlist kill on your stats?

I think you should. You are the killer.

13. yep Voting is over and im glad that the change isnt going to happen. Now in the case as i've heard the Why doesnt the money go to the one that got the kill from the Booby Trap..

Thats a very simple answer to those that have booby killed themselves to burn the money and screw the lister...

Then you can simply just have a faction member of your faction set the booby trap on you and you can pass the money easily to those in your faction that you dont squad with..

That would open up a new round of people crying on that too...

Not alot of people will kill themselves on a BT, those that can do and rightfully so.. If you are listed over and over again, just to smile and piss off the one that listed you is to burn their money and make it Dissapear...

Its great.

14. So what

So what Member

agreed ......time to move on ....its dead now...INVEST in the application BUY some UN LEVEL....and then see the difference
    ZS already has the highest exp loss on all four platforms.... how about fixing that.......

KAno....please change my vote and allow the refund while still bumping the bounty price up for those that kill themselves on a trap....Much like those 35 that voted this way already...I want a very select few to grow stronger and richer and put even more distance between us and the masses. ROFLMAO!

am almost beginging to see the wisdom of your words....

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011