[Other] Bounty exp

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by The Protector, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Matteo_el_Duche

Matteo_el_Duche New Member

I think it's total b.s. that the attackers get nothing for their efforts. That anyone thinks this is wrong is their opinion and I don't agree. That said, maybe half points when attacking off the list as opposed to full xp? I don't know what is fair for all, but those are my two cents.

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Pimp you know very well at least 4 or 6 top level players are capable of feeding exp to someone if they get listed when no rival high level is on.

Just wait...one day when no rival high level threat is on this will be exploited full force until a threat comes on.

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

You guys are cracking me up. The logic is as simple and as sound as it gets. NO ONE should get XP while battling for a bounty, its the ONLY fair and non-abusive way.

Using half the peoples logic in this thread...I should go out and bounty everyone over and over, I wouldnt be being a bully I would be doing all you deserving soles a favor. After all...because I think that everyone needs to be bountied than I must be right and all those players deserves it. The fact that it can be abused by the larger segment of the player population is ok as long as the minority doest get the same in return. Oppression anyone?

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Just half?

I think you mean the majority.

5. Eraser

Eraser Member

I will give my last piece here.

When this started, I always knew the attack limit for the other games was 5,000 but what i didnt know, Is you get XP for all of them. That changes my opinion a LOT.

Attackers should get XP, because stamina is precious in your games. For players that dont refill, they would be hurting themselves way more than the riders 1 death to keep on attacking a rider. The one listed, is the one somemone payed to have dead.

The rider should NOT be leveling on thier heal button, this is an obsurd idea, that you could get listed and crank out 5 levels. Never spending any stamina, using up any of your daily XP resources, just some frivelous amount of cash on the heal button.

But do I think that Somone should be able just keep on leveling up themselves, but attacking somone that is far too busy to defend themselvs? NO.

So a solution needs to be made here, but its NOTHING that you guys have put on the table. I dont play those games so its up to you guys what it is.

There needs to be an attack limit on your for bounties, or there should be a time limit on the XP one of the two. I would lean more to the number of attacks, in the case that it was my concern.

The amount of attacks needs to be decided by one of your players or the devs tho. 50? 100? 250?

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

If the bountied is giving exceptional exp then the attacker won't have to refill at all depending on max stamina

Pretty much been shot and not focused on that

Neither party getting exp is the best solution so there is 0 abuse.

7. polishpimp

Stamina may be precious.....but the attacker doesnt have to attack....its completely up to them whether they want to use their stamina in an effort to get the gold, its the risk they take. Where as the player who is on bounty is usually up there against their will and WILL inevitably be killed and lose the XP.

How is it far worse for the attacker? The only way the attacker gets XP is if they win, if they are beating the person on bounty chances are that they are not to worried about the 24 hour retaliation window.

Under the current system its as if the person on bounty has been found guilty of some great crime and suffers all the consequence where as all those that attack and beat them get both XP and potentially the prize. Thats simply not fair and is totally open to abuse. If a player is put on bounty by a rival knowing they will heal and they have players waiting that can beat the rider in battle then its being abused. I suppose the rider can just not heal.....but thats not really fair they cant protect themselves and even opens up more abuse. If a player cant heal than they will be chain listed by rivals simply to wreak havoc on a rivals XP and to transfer gold.

I really dont see what the big deal is with not allowing XP for the attacker. Most players that can ride the list are high level players who dont get beat by many if any. The players/attackers that can beat the rider are usually another high level player. This update would affect very few players. What it would do is stop the abuse by the few that can actually take advantage of this situation. The normal bounty lasts but a few seconds and most players get 1 or 2 attacks in, If they are fortunate enough to win those 1 or 2 attacks they will not be losing out on much if no XP were to be awarded.

It seems to me that a lot of players think this somehow gives higher levelk players an edge and thats just not the case, in fact it will affect them adversely more than anyone else. The highest of levels rarely if ever lose....under the current system they get XP for every bounty win....this update would eliminate that as well. This idea is all about stopping abuse at the higher levels even at their own expense and it just so happens it would also make it fair across the board for players of all levels.

It all comes down to those that have a choice and those that dont, at this point the ones with no choice are getting the short end of the deal and those strong enough are taking advantage of it in a very similar fashion as to what is being argued against as far as a rider getting XP. Simple solution.....eliminate the XP for everyone, it will affect very few other than those exploiting the loop hole.

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

There we go.

Perfectly said.

9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

There are also the bounty fests when players throw one person up over and over, their friend no less, hundreds of times cause they are bored or want to get an achievement without retaliation.

10. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

A healer doesn't have to heal. Maybe we need to have another discussion on putting a stop to that if your gonna call out an attacker for doing what the purpose of the htlist is for. Your absolutely right stam is precious, so it is far that people get something when they use it going for a bounty. The listed will get their XP back from their rivals and if they only have 1 person attack them or they can't beat who attacks them, that's their problem. They need to be a good sport and suck it up.

I know i will always lose when i get listed, but there is just about always someone in my rivals i will be able to get XP back from. I don't see the problem that they got some XP from me while i was on the list.

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

So what were you saying there Relentless?

Picking and choosing the quote?

I hate having to agree with PIMP,but he DOES make sense.

12. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Oh please, most people see they've been killed first and listed second.

Your grasping.. Your argument as to why it is so unfair that the attacker gets XP and the healer doesn't, is that it's unfair, that's it.

The attacker spends their stam going for a bounty, they may not even win against whoever is listed but it's the chance they have to take if they want the cash. For most people, they don't get the money but they are expected to take the retaliation that's coming to them.

I don't see this as an idea that's going anywhere, hopefully Kano will give you a clue on how they feel about it, soon.

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Is that all you've got?

Now who's the one grasping..

14. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Look at the rating on this thread and ask again who's grasping. People didn't like the Idea, how about instead of sitting around quoting people you wait and see what Kano say. The Ideas section is full of really good Ideas that have a good rating and we are waiting to see in game. Like i said before, you win some, you lose some. How about you act maturely and accept that this didn't get the reviews you had hoped for.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2012
  15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

It's not over yet until it gets either rejected or accepted.

If rejected someone else will bring it up later on.

If it's accepted then I'm sure a few might whine about it and possibly get it reverted.

Rating isn't everything as mentioned before.

Some ideas that were accepted have low ratings while some rejected have a high rating.

Totally right about winning some and losing some.

But this idea isn't quite dead yet.

16. polishpimp

Apparently you didnt understand what I said. Of course a healer doesnt have to heal and i covered that in my post. But what will happen then? Then that person will just get chain listed ....thats half my point!

Going for a bounty is a gamble and the stam u use is the price of the bet. If they get the bounty it paid off if not them are the consequences. Its their choice so it is fair. The scenario I presented is anything but fair because the person on bounty has no choice. They are up there against their will and have not necessarily done anything to warrant it. In my example a Rival can (A)list me knowing full well iI will heal and have his buddies level all day off me with no limits or (B) knowing that I cant heal and chainlist me all day transferring funds and have me incur massive XP loss.

Its simple really....If people think it would be unfair to allow a rider to get XP because its prone to abuse then the exact thing is true for the attacker. It would be a completely diff story if there was a certain criteria that had to be met to get listed because they would deserve what they got....but thats simply not the case, anyone can get listed at anytime for any reason.

Like I said earlier.....only a small amount of players would be affected by an update such as this...they abusers which in these cases are all high leveled players. Low to mid level players wouldnt even notice the difference because they dont win the battles against high level players that can ride the list nor can they ride the list themselves. All it does is close a loop hole being abused by the highest of levels.

How long are staying up on the list? How much XP is someone actually getting from you? As long as Im paying attention I can stay up as long as I wish, but there are players that can beat me......so its cool that they can level off me all day yet I cant level off those that cant beat me? My alternative would be to not heal and be chain listed by the same people.....does that seem right? Nobody is asking for anything other than to make things fair for both sides. If u cant level while riding than u shouldnt be able to level while attacking the rider

17. The Protector

The Protector Banned

You've got it right again.

Coming from 2 high level players we could potentially BOTH abuse this(even you PIMP lol)

18. polishpimp

The rating means nothing....the forums are full of people who dont have a clue or just vote maliciously. By reading nearly every post against this idea its clear that they just dont get it. Its so simple its scary ....ya just gotta be able to see past the nose on your face, not everyone up here is trying to get an unfair advantage. If and when u or anyone else gets to a place in the game where it will actually effect you.......we'll see what ya have to say then

19. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I think she might be high on ZS..but ZS is the odd game out here.

How many great ideas were rejected by(insert name that can't be said here)

20. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

We're currently working on an overhaul of the ideas section to make it easier to look at, as well as to make it easier see what ideas have already been posted about. After the overhaul, we'll be moving away from "Accepted" and "Rejected" ideas, and more towards "Consider for implementation" and "Likely not going to happen."

With regards to this idea specifically, I can appreciate both sides of the argument. I also appreciate that players who don't normally see eye to eye can occasionally agree on something, which is nice to see! That being said, a player gaining xp while on the bounty list allows for possible abuse of the feature, which we try to avoid to keep the game fun and balanced for everyone.