[Other] Bounty exp

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by The Protector, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Hm, that would be rather stupid, unless it's to transfer money. Transferring XP works easier if you're off the list. Less chance of interference and you don't lose XP that way.

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

If no rival high level is on for hours...then friends could attack well past the 5k cap gaining exp(or even pad stats)

Remember no limit on bounty attacks and exp doesn't cut off either(cept ZS)

3. Das liebe Beil

It doesn't cut off after 5k battles? Nice to know.

Well, 5k battles take some time, I'd say about 2 hours of continued clicking. Sure, someone crafty could exploit this hole, but honestly, there is much that can go wrong there, I doubt that many people could heal fast enough to exploit the limitless bounty attacks for unlimited XP and padded stats. They'd be tempted to use a bot and if they get caught, their account is gone.

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I've hit the 5k mark before via level partner(s).

It can also be easy to get done on the list IF no rival high levels are on.

One just has to hog the heal like mad(no bot needed)

You know I'm capable of it and WILL exploit it one day when no rival high rivals are on.

Some might jump from 4k to 5k via this.

5. Das liebe Beil

Well, I can see that coming. Will surely be an interesting sight and I'm pretty sure that some people will go insane trying to figure out what happened. Do hope that Kano doesn't close your little loophole, though.

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I WANT it closed though!!!!

Attackers shouldn't get any exp going after a bounty.

Of everyone NOT in my clan there is only ONE player that can constantly beat me and BARELY at that(when not eating counters)

1 other can win sometimes but not consistently.

All other high levels need a heavy stam boost to break me.

Even if there's 1 rival high level on..it's still not difficult to pull off.

Until it's closed off then somedays there'll be some nice level jumps from some players via this method.

7. Das liebe Beil

Well, I'll be watching. Should be fun and I always enjoy seeing Chaos, Madness and Mayhem unfold.

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

OK 1 last time the attacker that wins hitting X person gets zero EXP right? Now the hits counts as attacks, letting X person to have cheap counters and wail back on the person???? SOUNDS LIKE BS TO ME unless you can explain how this would work for my explanation.. NO VOTE

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Perhaps make it so bounty attacks don't count toward counter price?

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Might not happen right away.

11. Das liebe Beil

Well, let's see if you can implement it. I can already hear the cries of "Unfair! Cheating!" and so forth.

And yes, if bounty attacks don't give XP they sure as hell shouldn't count toward the counter price. Too many counter happy people would make many others really angry.

12. Eraser

Eraser Member

In zs we get 20 attacks with XP, hitlist or not.

The issues you speak of here, about people attacking hundreds of times to get xp DO NOT APPLY TO ZS.

So, In this light, I hope XP would not be removed from bounty attacks on ZS.

As long as you're not messing with MY GAME, I really dont care what happens to yours.

13. ben

ben Active Member

then people wonder why i dont play zs ...

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

ZS is defo the odd game here.

But even with the exp cutoff the stats can still be padded.

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

But...but...but...I'm already counter happy :)

16. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Double? Whos to say one even gets back but a small portion of what they lost?

Yes...the point of being listed is to kill and the loss XP. The point is not for the attacker to both get a reward and level which is exactly whats happening. Seems to be a lot of concern that the person riding the bounty might level when they whole intent by a SINGLE player was to have them lose XP. Thats just fine and dandy if u want to look at just one side of things and think that the one doing the listing is always doing it for good reason.

My feelings on whether the rider should get XP or not is pretty clear but I am not advocating for this ...infact Ive stated numerous times that I dont think it would be fair to make a change like this at this point. My concern is that players attacking are getting XP when they clearly dont deserve it if the other party isnt getting it as well. As the purpose for the bounty is to kill and lose XP. and not to level....then the same should hold true for the attacker as well, their purpose is to get the bounty not level like a madman. The system is flawed and its being abused because of it.

17. polishpimp

Ive been bringing up this subject for years.

The fact that its been this way for so long means that its right and should not be changed? So I suspect that we will never see u advocate for change again?

18. polishpimp

ZS is a completely different animal and really cant be compared to the other 3 for a myriad of reasons.

But as for your example...Ide say that the choice/risk was up to you to attack knowing full well that was a possibility, very much like it being a choice for a low level going after a high level bounty and opening themselves to retaliation. There is and should be potential consequences for our decisions especially if the reward is potentially great!

19. polishpimp

A perfect example of how the current system is being abused.

20. polishpimp

Just part of the risk for the big payday, if your man enough to go for the gold than be man enough to face the consequences. Besides....the 24 hr retaliation window is meager at best and most high levels will kill off lower levels well before that window is closed