[PC] bounties within armadas.....

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by diva of destruction, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

The money isnt always going to be in your pocket no matter how hard you try. And we still know the developers have not removed the delay on collecting bounties. I am a fast clicker on the game have no problems of getting small or big payout ones. But when you click and click and click and not one hit gets placed you know its because you have collected so many in a certain amount of time and your getting the delay. But i do see your point Lord. But in my opinion clan should not be able to list one another if your in the same armada i can agree to that. But hey its your game play so its your choice on how you want to play it. Me i would rather my abuser waste his money.

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

First off,show me where it says a bounty is a penalty.Show me a screenshot or direct me to where it says a bounty is suppose to be a penalty.

Second off,killing on a trap is a strategy and Kano does well know about it,but it's still there.
    Why not give the lister a refund if someone kills themself on a trap?
    Oh wait,there was a poll asking if lister should get a refund,it was shot down.

So Kano is well aware of the bounty trap strategy
    That one most likely will not go away nor should it.
    Neither should being able to list armada members as long as they are not clanned up.

It's no loophole,it's strategy.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  3. Eraser

Eraser Member

There was always groups! maybe not the 25 memeber groups. but there was always the BIG group. Your squad... and on top of that there was TAGS. little marks to show your fighting team.

the differnce there is all of the tags where about fighting. The official groups have other meanings.. some of them are about fighting, most are about gamerpoints.

I want to remind everyone... Just because you make listing your group illegal, does not mean that stops cheaters from doing it to themselves. Does nobody recognize that? Skitzos dont always keep thier minature self in their group.

As far as having a rig set up from a friend before you log off... I think its lame myself. I never log off full health... Just where its hard to punch kill me is all. Make them work for it, or spend thier cash.

The strategy about keeping your bounty up, by having a friend list you is CLEAN as a whistle. If you get chained up to a enormous bounty. You got those same rivals waiting for it to reset, so they can do it again. Im not in agreement that anyone should NEVER reset.

In fact I have a thread, that anyone that hates this strategy may be interested in.

http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthre...-change-with-an-obvious-opening-for-abuse-5.5

4. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Again everyone is entitled to there opinion on game play styles. Some see this as a cheating some do not.

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Is it written somewhere in the game help or the Faq that bounties are suppose to be a penalty?
    I see where it says the trap will result in a death for them and a kill for you,but again,it doesn't actually say it's suppose to be a penalty.

Is it written somewhere in game help or the Faq that you can't bounty your own members or die on a set trap?

Is it written in the TOU that you can't bounty your own members and die on a trap while on bounty?

If not,then it's legit.

Any changes to this now will result in angry posts and messages sent to support as well.
    Something like this that's been around a long time,should just be left alone IMO.

6. alka

alka Banned

Glad the list didn't go on, I was falling asleep.:)

It's not a strategy, it's childish mentality. I've been in many chat rooms where guys want pk'ing or listing because they don't want "a big bad person" from xxx Faction to get them while they are off line.
    As for those who want their bounty raised so they can go bully who they like, they really need a reality check as there is no guarantee they would get listed:confused:

Some of it comes down to passing money to each other (cheating).
    Pathetic AND lame.

The app should have a touch of realism even though it is set as fantasy. Seems some don't want the touches of realism in order to gain some sort of advantage. Then they kick off about cheats..lmao

7. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Stop getting stuck on the word ""penalty"" it is not suppose to be a walk in the park , it is a revenge tactic to use against hated rivals , just like a trap, it is not meant to be a safety net for your crewmate so they can go offline with no health so their hated rivals don't attack while a player is offline, I am stuck on the word LAME though cause that is how I see it :p but for some reason some players would rather their crewmate and sometimes their alt gets the kill by either killing them with a trap or a bounty, fine let them be lame, but at least make it so an armada player cannot do it to another then, how about that compromise for people who would like to see this changed a bit, I for one do not care one way or the other but I know some good players that would, I had one player though who used my trap as a way to leave the game a few times a day, every day, it was costing me and not hin,so I stopped setting traps and he went and found someone else to kill himself on, I fixed him lmao

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Where does it say "revenge or payback"?

Until someone shows me where it says bounty is a penalty or a revenge tactic or something that says only enemies are suppose to bounty and trap you and collect your bounty,I'm going to keep going on everytime someone says something that isn't specified in the help,faq or TOU.

9. alka

alka Banned

From Wiki

A bounty (from Latin bonitās, goodness) is a payment or reward often offered by a group as an incentive for the accomplishment of a task by someone usually not associated with the group.

I guess losing xp from being listed should give you a clue that it's not a free gift!

10. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

well it sure ain't a gift

Rival Clans is a place to view your most hated rivals, and provides all the options available to seek revenge!
    Beware of the Bounty!

Maybe you like the word ""Revenge"" better, stop with the word games, I mean , I doubt kano is gonna change anything anyway , but how do you get revenge on a crewmate when you are helping them hide in the infirmary???

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
  11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Game help,faq or TOU,not wiki.

As already mentioned before...this isn't real life.

12. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

game help for a game, have fun playing word games, it may not be real life but it is real people playing and real people like to get REVENGE :p I am off to the gym in real time and real life where there are real people lol :)

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Let me post exactly what that says

Beware of the Bounty!
    Huge bounties on the bounty list usually mean that the target is a very powerful Clan Captains. Attacking them opens up any level player to retaliation attacks from that user. For this reason, lower level Clan Captains should be wary of who they decide to mess with on the bounty list.

So where does it say that it's for revenge?

Counter Attacks can be set on other clans. If a counter attack has been set on a clan, the next time they attack, they will be caught off guard and destroyed in battle.
    You cannot set a counter attack on someone who hasn't previously attacked you within the last 24 hours. Attacks are battles and cagemathes only, pistol whips and bounties are not counted.
    Counter attack pricing is now based off of cashflow (income-upkeep) and strength between two players.If the player placing the counter attack is a greater level, the cost is based more on the greater of the two cashflows ( between the 2 players )
    Discounts are given if your opponent has attacked more and price is increased if you have attacked more. Attacks are battles and cagematches only, pistol whips and bounties are not counted. Attack counts between players are reset if there is 24 hours of inactivity (no attacks). Note that the already set counter attacks themselves are never reset or removed. Price is also increased if multiple counter attacks are set on the same person.
    Counter attack allocations start at 100, every 15 levels you advance that allocation drops by 1 to a minimum of 75.
    Base Counter attack costs are capped at your opponent's bounty price (before discounts/increases).
    Successful counter attacks count as an attack against your opponent.

Now counters specifically says the next time someone attacks they will be caught off-guard(although sometimes it's rather obvious it's going to happen)

Bounty Trap
    If you have someone constantly bountying you then the bounty trap is for you. Set a bounty trap on a user and the next time they try to bounty you will result in death for them and a kill for you!

Now it doesn't say it's revenge or a penalty.

And again,it doesn't say bounty is "revenge".
    After all,bounty is listed twice in the game help.

BOUNTIES

A button will appear in the header when a "Bounty" has been placed on another Clan leader in the game. A bounty can be viewed by potentially hundreds of thousands of other players all at the same time, so successfully making a kill on from the bounty is not an easy task. Anyone can add any other Clan Captains in the game to the bounty if they have enough money.
    Beware of the Bounty!
    Huge bounties on the bounty list usually mean that the target is a very powerful Clan Captains. Attacking them opens up any level player to retaliation attacks from that user. For this reason, lower level Clan Captains should be wary of who they decide to mess with on the bounty list.
    How is my bounty cost determined?
    The base amount of Gold required to place another Captain on the bounty list is determined by how big their Empire is and the number of times they have been bountied in the past 24-hrs. Having a bigger Empire makes you a much higher profile target. You can view your base bounty cost from your profile in the "User" tab.

Now what does it say in bold?
    Does that say anyone can add anyone to the list?
    Granted that's not 100% accurate,it doesn't say only enemies can list you.
    It says ANYONE can.

Unless the game help and faq change,I'm going to keep nitpicking at this.
    This strategy should be left alone.

14. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

No Let me post what it says

RIVAL CLANS
    Rival Clans is a place to view your most hated rivals, and provides all the options available to seek revenge!
    Beware of the Bounty!
    How is my bounty cost determined?

15. gtbuddy

gtbuddy New Member

true ben.there a old saying if not broken dont fix it :)

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

[​IMG]

As I already said,it's listed twice in the help.
    We can go back and forth all day.

17. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

You asked where it said revenge so I showed you, sorry cannot find the part where it says players should use bounties or traps to hide in the infirmary from their enemies with the help of their clan setting and killing them, guess they forgot about the chapter on cowards believing that is a strategy. Lame and cowardly IMO and have always felt that and that whole " Oh i would rather my friends catch my bounty" is not that far behind Lame , been around these kinds of games for a number of years and have seen it all, and I for one have not changed my perspective on that pretzel logic for PTRC till the kano games . so put that in your pipe and smoke it :p :) it is an easy concept , coward/bully/lame all about the same, to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
  18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Yeah,I'm getting revenge from my armada member by bountying them for bountying me.
    It's revenge,is it not?
    Maybe they bountied cause they didn't like something I posted in feed?
    So in retaliation(revenge)I list them back :)

This can go on forever.

19. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Call it what you want,it's still strategy.
    I don't even use this myself,but I love the ones that are using it :)

20. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

did not say it was not strategy , just lame arse strategy and yes we could go on all day you must be a scorpion like me but I am getting bored with this now, so bye bye