Bosses BETA now live

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by tim, Mar 25, 2010.

1. tim

tim Administrator

Note that this feature will continue to be tweaked and refined but we wanted to get feedback from the players!

http://apps.facebook.com/la_cosa_nostra/boss/

Key points we want feedback on include:

- Any difficulty points for the lower level players
    - Bugs / Issues using the feature
    - Confusion points
    - Etc

For more information, please view the Help and please note that any Boss stats that you may rack up while the feature is in BETA may be lost until we make an official release. (Achievements, Drops and Boss Victories will not be lost)

Look forward to seeing more bosses in the near future to challenge all you higher ups!

2. bosses

was a nice susprise, although i hope that mob size is taken into account when bosses are
    " fought ".

3. The Ice Queen

The Ice Queen Member

Hiya Tim,

I've fought and defeated my 2 available bosses.
    12 minutes ago

The Ice Queen
    My rewards: Briefcase Gun, $1,514,358, 293 XP
    12 minutes ago

The Ice Queen
    The Moretti Family has been defeated!
    13 minutes ago

The Ice Queen
    Fight Started!

Attack vs Power attack
    Attack - I was doing 1600 damage for 1 stamina
    Power attack - I was doing 2700 for 5 stamina

Drops
    Handcuffs
    Attack:10
    Defense:1
    Arm Yourself! Owned:3

Briefcase Gun
    Attack:15
    Defense:5
    Arm Yourself! Owned:1

Again, they are aimed at better weapons for the lower levels.

1 pending boss fight(s)
    It says the 2 available are locked.
    45 hours until the unlock... hmmm... a bit extreme.
    This gives us no incentive to come back daily.Could this be pulled back to make it 24 hours?

On the positive side, I see that +FP under (future?) rewards. Way to go!!!

4. I was excited when I saw something new.. Like they posted on the other DB it does give you something to do while you are waiting on a level partner or something to show up. I also like the new weapons you provided.,Expensive up keep but nice..Not so sure what to say about that new armor as it has an expensive upkeep(100,000 for 10 attack 16 defense) and does not provide a real difference over the armor that was already provided at 5,000 upkeep with 12 attack and 15 defense...Something is really wrong with the math on that one. Still waiting for the new stuff for those of us who have already unlocked everything..But will keep trying to figure out what boss I am defeating and who I am killing on the drive by...lol Thanks for asking our opinion..

5. have to agree, cost and upkeep are to high on the new armour, but keep the new stuff coming

6. Ace shooter

Ace shooter New Member

totally agree on the upkeep price way too high for the attack/defence ratio. Also agree with Ice Queen about the amount of time u have to wait to attack the bosses again. Aside from this its a great idea to keep people interested and for those who are losing interest i hope u notice the changes and keep on playing :)

7. The Ice Queen

The Ice Queen Member

Ahhh I found a solution to having to wait for your own bosses to unlock.
    Kill everyone else's bosses for them!!

And I've even gained 2 GF points!
    I am very much looking forward to seeing what the drops will be for the Shanghai and Tokyo Bosses...

Oh yes, if you look at the rewards list, there are GF's on offer.

Thanks Tim and Kano. This is a good start to the wish list I started.
    eg: something where higher levels can help lower levels.
    Another advantage:
    Came home from work yesterday and my level partner and I were both near full stamina. 2 hours a side of levelling = 60 stamina added.
    So if you are the healer, you can help other people for 60 stamina and still be full when it comes to your turn. No more letting that time (stamina gained) go to waste :)

8. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

Won my first Boss war tonight. I was thinking I'd get new weapons like the Barehands and Chainsaw Swipe. I don't see either. The war moved me from chilling at level 11 to 15. Without the new weapons this sucks. Waste of time moving up.

9. AmethystRose

AmethystRose New Member

what are the power ups?

What are the power ups?? why do you want to unlock them? they are not keepable so why would you care? is this just for low levels with low level friends?

thanks for answering!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~(@ Amethyst Rose

10. Doc Morpheus

Doc Morpheus Member

I agree, it would be a waste of time for you to do Boss Fights at your level. There are tons of other stuff to do at your level that will give you good skill points and not move you up as quickly. Save the Boss Fights for later when it will only give you 1 level up, or you can have others do the fighting for you. That wont give you much exp and still get you the skill points.

11. Salvatore Giancana

Salvatore Giancana New Member

No it doesn't, it gives substantially less damage than 5 individual attacks (and it only counts as one attack)

...also...

Weaknesses? Whose weaknesses?

12. Mr Killer Man

Why? You see the attack and defense strength they have? I could really kick some butt with the Chainsaw Slice 210 attack 180 defense no weapon on mob wars so far has those stats.(From what a level 15 can see.) By the time I unlocked it in the boss war it was over. Heck didn't know I couldn't keep them. My friends are on all levels. The 3 that helped me were above level 100 and 1 was on above level 200. He did the most damage by far.

13. Doc Morpheus

Doc Morpheus Member

Those weapons are ONLY for Boss Fights. You cant use them in a regular fight against another player. Those power ups are only kept for that particular Boss Fight - as far as I can tell. Trouble is, if you post for help, some big shot will usually kill the Boss for you before you get it.
    I dont know if there will be tougher Boss fights at a later stage in the game, and these weapons will come in handy then, but right now, you dont have to worry about getting them.

14. Doc Morpheus

Doc Morpheus Member

Try getting one of the power ups..

Send an invite to join the fight, to a few players that you trust not to kill the Boss for you, and you will get a better power attack ;)

15. Salvatore Giancana

Salvatore Giancana New Member

That is what I'm talking about. They do less damage than 5 individual attacks... about half.

16. Vegaobscura

Vegaobscura New Member

Boss Weakness

Are the items that are weakenss for each boss automatically calcualted into your attacks on the bosses.

17. Mr Killer Man

No more weakness. Get a boost before boss fights.

This really sucks! lmao FALLIMENTO! You did not attack this boss enough to receive any rewards, attack more next time.

18. cuinan128

cuinan128 Banned

love

Wow! I’ve never heard of this before and I think they’re awesome!

19. The Ice Queen

The Ice Queen Member

Power Attack doesn't give you 5 x the attack. It's more like 3

But...
    It does give you a LOT more XP and less health used
    And the higher the boss, the better. On my level 10 Chicago Boss

Normal attack - 13 XP
    Power Attack - 110+ XP

Health losst on normal attack - 12
    Health lost on Power Attack - 5

So yes, they are worth doing :)