[KONG] Bosses are publically available by default

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Das liebe Beil, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

I don't know if it is a bug or a feature unique to KONG, but it seems like it's impossible to prevent non-clan members from hitting my bosses, even if I only publish it to the guild feed/social feed, I will find people not from my clan in it. Also, public sharing is turned off.

What makes the whole thing more annoying is that many of the Kong players will share the links of every boss, not only their own. Would it be possible to hide the boss link from everyone but the owner?

2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I agree. I think the rationale behind this originally was because of the number of players on Kong when the games were rolled out initially. I do not believe it is needed at this point, so players should be given the option of sharing bosses with non-mob/clan rather than making it mandatory as it is now.

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Just to let you guys know I've raised this concern with the developers and we're going to be working on this particular issue.

4. I've seen how this works on Kong. I myself don't have an account there, but the only way I've seen the boss not be publicly available to everyone is if you just take it out yourself. Boyfriend has an account there and realized this was the only way for it not to show up.

5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

You can also manually post the boss link to your profile feed, but then it doesn't show up in the boss feed. I want my mob to get in on my bosses, but I don't want it to be filled up with players I'm not even mobbed up with.

Maybe if there is a way to either keep it from being posted to the raid tab or deleting it from there once you have posted your boss... I believe this is how it works on KP2 (you can choose to post your boss to non-mob members if you wish), but I don't know if there is a limitation on Kong because it's on a different network...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  6. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

all they need to do is add the toggle to the bosses like they did on kanoplay, that would solve it

7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I would think so, Demonik. But the chat on Kong works a little bit differently. I would think that the toggle in KP2 would solve the issue, but I don't know if that can be implemented across platforms. I don't see why it can't be... I'm sure Smack or one of the other Kano gurus would be able to figure something out, though... :D

8. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

they really need to do SOMETHING...i was on kong the other day and saw a boss link posted in the chat, i clicked on it and it was my own boss. so now i have to worry about other people posting my bosses for everyone and anyone?? if nothing is done i will just stop sharing them with anyone but my guild. this is ridiculous

9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Bump. Now that Armor players are included, it's not necessary for bosses to be opened up to the entire player base. Players are only looking for the higher location bosses. They don't even bother to join any that are available before level 1000. What is going on with this?