Boss feed

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by JADES, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Dev here. Wow that is a pretty decisive response from you all. I do have a question though.

Are the World Boss Help posts only a major annoyance when you are filtering your Social Feed on "Boss" events or when you are looking at "All Events" as well? I ask because a solution could be to group all of those World Boss items into their own category. Please provide your feedback on this and we will look to make a change around this in the very near future.

As for removing the Collect messages for all bosses, I do understand that many of you are daily players and know you can find the bosses you have helped on your Boss page, however many casual players may forget that they helped out on a boss and a post to the Social Feed is a way to let them know. So for that reason I don't see us removing the Collect messages.

2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Hey Smack i think removing the share feature off the world boss might be a good way to remove the postings. Because players cannot help you in a world boss. And if your doing the world boss your going to hit it regardless when you go to the boss page and see its open so you shouldn't need a reminder from a player on that. Just my opinion remove the share button on world boss feature should remove the clutter permantly on them.

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Well if we did that then there would be no opportunity to post this to your FB Wall, however another alternative would be so that button ONLY posts to your FB Wall and no to the Social Feed at all.

4. Jon Ward

Well that would work then. I am fine with it posting on my fb wall only. But in the game like i said and so many others you cannot help with it so it does create clutter in the feed. And i know in the past me and you talked about this and you had it setup so we wouldn't see as many but it seems like i am seeing more and more again in my feed.

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Can you answer my question though? Is this an issue for you when filtering your Events on "Boss" or for "All Events"? Would giving World Boss events their own category be a workable solution for you?

6. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I agree with Jon. I never go to the world boss via my feed. I would love to see Bosses available for attack to have there own tab, as it is such a pain on MS having to find a boss, click on it, attack it, go back to main feed find another boss etc. On FB you can open a boss into a new tab but you can't do that on MS so it can be really time consuming if there are a lot of bosses in your feed.

7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

@Relentless: Exactly.

@Smack: I just look for posted bosses on the boss feed, not the all events feed, but either way, not having "Attack World Boss Now!" postings would reduce clutter on any of the feeds...

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

As to 1st ? about WB in feed, I never use all events way to much clutter adventures easy to get on log in, so only toggle between 'BOSS' AND 'CHALLENGE' helps. Seeing WB in 'BOSS' feed you click then go back not really big deal in play but why have it a option if get nothing for it? Less clicks IMO, I bet everyone has clicked 'WORLD BOSS HELP IN FEED' and go why I'm I reminded to do this? Then have to click 'HOME>BOSS' just to get back were they were and scroll down yet again. LOL
    2nd? Well that's easy answer the bosses to collect have been moved to top of page under your bosses, what ~6 months ago? If can't remember to collect from there, you really think they click 'BOSS' feed to go collect?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Not to mention everyone doesn't post collect so in theory they need to go to their boss collect anyways to do so

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

An update to the Social Feed was just released which gives World Boss help/collect its own event group aptly called "World Boss".

All existing World Boss help links will no longer show under the "Boss" event group, however any World Boss collect feed items that were published before this change will still show. All new collect feed items will be directed to the World Boss group.

Please try this out and let us know how it is working out for your game play.

11. Jessica

Jessica Member

If world boss feed gets its own group can dead bosses for collecting get its own feed too? Would love to see only see alive bosses on the boss feed.

12. Eraser

Eraser Member

Wow, You made that change pretty quick didnt you? I look over the forums thoroughly everyday for new post EXCEPT for arena day.

If I had time to answer your question before you made the change, I would have told you, Its definatley more anoying to me to have a seperate category for world boss, Esp since it falls on the list in the palce that challenge helps used to be.

I mean really, Something that has next to ZERO use in the socail feed, has its own seperate category?

Personally, It never bothered me at all the way it was. I can see why it was brought up, but it never bothered me because I dont even have to stop scrolling to tell the difference between a world boss post and regular boss.

how about instead, You dont have a category, you just take them out of the boss feed, and make them only show up as "all events"

and if they have to have a category why not "general updates"

13. Eraser

Eraser Member

Oh i know, how about we have a seperate category for each type of event possible.

under heavy attacks feed, listed feed, list feed, boss ask feed, boss dead feed, level up feed, battle arena join feed, vaccine feed, energy boost request feed, stamina boost request feed, acheivment feed,

No thank you. We dont need a seperate category for each and every little thing. I swear people act like they have to stop and read each and every single word in a post to know what it is. it should take 1/10 of a second to differentiate between a world boss request, boss help request, and a boss death update.

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

My intention of this thread was to get WORLD BOSS removed as well as collect bosses, not a new tab for WORLD BOSS.. It makes absolutely no sense what got changed.. My intent was more toward the collection of bosses being in BOSS feed mostly, as said before if a casual player might forget to collect a boss from their page, do you really think they go though BOSS feed to collect bosses?, and not to mention most people do not posts collect boss, so have to go to their boss collects anyways..

15. Jon Ward

Baby Steps Matthew. You have at least accomplished one aspect even if it was moved to a newer tab were many of us have posted countless threads on getting the world boss out of there. So it is an accomplishment even if the outcome was not what you truly wanted. Next step is to convince them about the collections. Just takes time.

16. Jessica

Jessica Member

Its not just about being too lazy to read whether its a boss help request vs boss collection its there is a limit on how many bosses show up on the feed. Dead bosses take spots away from that I know several times I miss bosses people post just because I'm at the feed limit for bosses and they won't show up. I do wish Kano would just take out the collection messages in the feed though.

17. Eraser

Eraser Member

81 days ago

Zeke Bullet Tooth is requesting help to fight their Level 8 San Francisco Coop Boss: the Hacker.
    -
    Attack Boss Now!

I really have no idea what you are talking about. At the bottom there, where you say there is a limit of how many will show up, there is a yellow link that says "older post".

You click that and it expands your list.

If you are missing out of somone asking for help in the feed, Its because they have already asked for help on another boss. You only get one request int the feed at a time. (I think you should get 2) , or its already dead before you get to it.

18. Jon Ward

Jessica is correct on that. I have done it many of times go through the feed. come back 30 minutes later and right smack in the middle between two bosses you have done is a new boss you did not see and by the time you do see them sometimes there either killed off or have the full amount of player.

19. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

If a casual player forgets they helped out on a Boss then YES I do think that the Social Feed is a way to remind them. Please remember that not all our players have hundreds of friends in their Clan/Mob/etc so a boss they helped out 2 days ago could very likely be in their Social Feed to collect on when they come back to the game. If a player doesn't post a collect feed item then that is fine but that doesn't mean we are going to axe them completely from everyone's feed.

End of the day the original complaint was that World Boss help/collect as well as regular boss collect are cluttering your feed. Well +1 on separating the World Boss out so they no longer clutter when you are viewing the Boss group. As for the speed of this change, we have been hearing complaints around the World Boss items in the social feed well before you originally posted this to Ideas hence the swift action plus it was a fairly trivial change to make.

If the collect posts continue to be an issue for our players we can look to address that in the future.

20. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Jessica and Jon are correct... if you have a large number of friends, you won't see all of their feed posts, they are grouped together... for example, I will see posts through the last hour, and then click on "older posts", but I may not see ALL of the posts before one hour ago... I believe this is a feed limitation depending on how many friends you have and how many posts they make... just a limitation of the system, but if the boss feed can be cleaned up somehow, you would see more requests... removing the world boss posts was a step in the right direction...