Boss Ettiquete:Unlocks

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by GreyBushWarlock, Oct 11, 2010.

?

Is this thread Complete?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GreyBushWarlock

GreyBushWarlock New Member

Everyone seems to be biting at this subject.

I. The general rule when entering someone else's boss, is to see if unlocks are requested.
    If they're requested, try to stay near the min dmg.
    -You get your rewards, and more people can join so the Boss's owner can get thier
    unlocks.

I myself, didn't understand this concept untill a couple of months ago.
    ---I used too hit my clan's bosses with everything I had. I thought I was helping, so that thier boss didn't end in defeat. What I didn't realize, was that they only wanted me to hit so much, so that they could get as many participants as possible. If I had known, I would have respectfully hit just (or near) the min dmg., as I do now.

II. Why do people want to get all the unlocks?
    A. To give lower level clan mates a chance to help and get XP.
    B. To see how many clan members they can get to join.
    C. To be able to raise the attack power against the boss.

III. What about Bosses that are close to defeat?
    This only happens with inactive hosts (not requesting help enough), or inexperianced
    low level players.

I'm sure this will be hotly debated, but here is how I try to settle this.
    A. As for my own bosses for unlocks, I not only specify for Unlocks, but I also add what the min. dmg for that boss type is, as well as a time clause. Here is an example:
    "Unlocks, 75k min. dmg, Kill if less then 12hrs left."
    B. As for others bosses for unlocks, I request this info in a boss note for the host, then msg him/her as soon as I join. If I don't get a response and the time is dwindling below 12hrs,I have gone ahead and finished off the boss. Another option would be to ask the rest of the group what they think, and act upon the joint decision.

III. What about clan members that ignore my request for unlocks?
    Send them a msg either to let them know directly that you are looking for unlocks, or to
    ask them to only get close to the min dmg on the next boss they help you with.
    If that doesn't work you can drop them from your clan.
    Or
    You could also ignore this offense. As I was an offender long ago I would feel like such a hypocrite for trying to chastize the offender by dropping or bounting.
    Also this is just a GAME. If you're that emotionally involved, step away from the keyboard once in a while or grow up.

I find this whole "placing the offender on the bounty list" offensive. If someone had msg'd me to explain the situation, I would have become "Unlocks Sensitive" a lot sooner. For a few weeks, I couldn't understand why I was getting bountied and/or hit by upper level players. After someone explained it to me, I immediately adopted the general rule. It's just common sense and/or gaming curtesy. After all, we are playing socially based games here, and working others up into a frenzy against you, is pretty much suicide.

:cool:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  2. Australia

Australia New Member

Greatest Thread EVAR

Good thread! One of my favourites, should be stickied :D
    I agree with every single word.