[VC] boss drops

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SparJoZ, Oct 24, 2015.

1. SparJoZ

SparJoZ New Member

hi all,

compared to others i get few drops while hitting bosses, and i dont know why.
    Any ideas what helps to improve the drop rate?
    i have lots of health but not that much att strengh, would it help to invest more SPs here?
    Any expreiences?

THanks

George Burd likes this.
  2. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

your drop rates biggest contributor is if you can open the boss your self. if you are not high enough level to open the boss the drop rate is very reduced compared to if you can open one yourself. next seems to be health which raises your max damage.

Kirsten likes this.
  3. SparJoZ

SparJoZ New Member

Ty George,
    i recognised, that drop rate increases if i can open a bos by myself.
    but my impression is, that other players get more drops, even if we both cant open that boss.
    Dont know...

4. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

I normally use 5 stam attacks on bosses and I seem to have a pretty good drop ratio. This maybe entirely co-incidental of course though! lol!

George Burd likes this.
  5. SparJoZ

SparJoZ New Member

lol, do you think i use 1 stam all the time!? :)
    always 20

and yes, its annoying :D

6. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Some bosses are very stingy

7. cricket_jumper

No, I mean I use 5 stam and not 20 stam. Thats all - no idea if it makes a difference.

8. SparJoZ

SparJoZ New Member

ok got that and made a test. seems like i ended up with more drops using 5stam attacks.. ty!

9. cricket_jumper

yeah - its hard to tell, sometimes it feels like more from 20's than 5's, but Ive done 5's from the start and it seems to work OK. I usually do the 20's if I want a boss dead quicker.

10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I always use five Stam and I do notice if I am not in the location for a friends boss I get less drops.

11. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Its kind of hard to test 5 vs 20 stam attacks cause every level of boss is different.... Different att/def numbers, larger health and besides that the drops are based on a percentage and ive also noticed that ive always gotten more drops from my own bosses vs someone elses and another thing to factor is warrior drops-based bosses drop more frequently than weapon-based bosses do since you can carry more warriors into battle than weapons. There are so many factors it's ridiculous so i just hit hit hit till i reach the number of drops I'd like to have then on to the next goal

George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  12. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

When I used to care about drop rates, my experience was 1 drop for every 30-33 stamina used on a boss that I opened. This is based on using more then 20-30000 attacks with 20 stamina. Larger Health means that you kill your boss with less attacks and you end up with less drops. Now from the last boss I have like 19000 drops and I can use like 10000 as from some reason they are holding back the elite crafting, so I just use my boost and whatever. :)

George Burd likes this.
  13. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

I think it depends on your Att/health and also about the Boss Att (boss att depends of his level). For example, you more chance (i think!) to have drops when you attack a Hitmen 30, using 100 stam for example, than attacking a Driver level 30. Cause Driver level 30 has a way bigger att/health than the Hitmen of the same level. It's what i feel/notice, but i have no formula to confirm it! maybe Mich has one :p

George Burd likes this.
  14. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Drop rates are different for different tiers of bosses and your attributes vs the bosses attributes also factor in..... I have never bothered to see if smaller attacks net more drops or any of that.... I know, give or take 50, how many drops i will get from a boss ive been farming for awhile with my 20 stam attacks and thats good enough for me.... And usually, if a friend tells me how much health he has, im pretty good at guessing how many he or she will get when they take one of mine down.... Ive got dsp

15. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Another simple factor in this is that you probably will not get drops until you have reached 100% of the hits needed to qualify for the rewards once that boss is dead. This does not seem to be a fixed thing as I have received drops on my first hit before when I am still way below the 100% needed to get the rewards. However I have noticed a significant increase in the drops for all bosses once you go past the 100%. So, if all you do is get to the 100% and then stop and move on to another boss you probably will not get many drops. If you carry on hitting the boss long after you have reached 100% then you will PROBABLY get a lot more drops. Some bosses that have good drops are worth hitting a lot to get lots of the good quality drops.