Boss Battle Damage

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rbutchie, Apr 1, 2010.

1. rbutchie

rbutchie New Member

How come 1 person ( level 110 ) can attack 3 times and do 4100 damage and I (level 160) can attack 3 times and do 900 damage??

Can anyone explain this to me??

2. anserw

that person have bigger attack strength :p

3. Goon Platoon

Goon Platoon New Member

It could be because you attacked using Stamina 1, whereas they may have attacked using stamina 5.
    Doesn't seem to be worth using stamina 5 here's why:
    Example:
    Let's say I attack a Boss using Stamina 1 - I will inflict 100 damage.
    However, if I use Stamina 5 attack the same Boss, I will inflict 300 damage.

The math doesn't make the wasting of stamina for the Stamina 5 attack worth it, unless of course you have stamina to burn or want a fast kill. Of course I could be way off...

4. wildsplash

wildsplash New Member

Goon - when I attack the boss I do the following damage;

1 stamina 593
    5 stamina 2965

Seems pretty even to me. Based on my experience it looks like the 5 stamina button is just to save a bunch of clicking.

5. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

Not in my case. My regular attack hits for around 1300-something damage, while my heavy attack deals around 3000. In my case, hitting the heavy attack is costly stamina wise.

Also, your HP might be a reason your damage is low, or that the other guy uses weapons that the boss is weak against.

6. Steve B

Steve B New Member

From what I've seen the difference is in the "power item added. The single stamina attack is you plus your 3 items, but the 5 stamina is is (you + 3 items + the bonus) x4.

Whether the 5 stamina power attack is better is I think entirely dependant on your statistics and items - if the bonus power attack item is better than what you can do on your own, then the power attack is more effective.

For me at level 50, the Power attack is a slightly more effective than 5 single attacks. At lower levels I expect the bonus is more effective, and these bosses are for levels < 50 I'm guessing.

7. Hel

Hel New Member

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that in all battles, the damage you do is relative to the overall health you have invested your character with. So, when I fight with other players, I might only do 16 or 17 damage to people who have underinvested in health (because the calc is based on the player with the lowest health), yet with others the damage is 600-700.

If this is true, then the damage inflicted on the boss would likely be similar. Your player at level 110 might have 1,000 health, while you might have 500. I don't know for sure,but that would be my guess, and this would likely account for the difference you are seeing.

Hope it helps :)

8. Chris Downes

Chris Downes New Member

same problem here

I have 202 clan members, level 231, yet per power attack, i am only doing ~750 damage.

My attack (the one you invest skill points in) is 125, but i seem to do the same damage when i had base attack of 50...

Yet, a clan member of mine, level 93, which i doubt has much attack invested, a power attack from him, does over 2k damage... WTH is wrong with this?

9. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

He probably has more HP. or it could be that he has more chieftains than you do.

Really people, stats would be kind of nice. It's very hard to just randomly guess at what the reasons could be :)

10. Kaerbanog

Kaerbanog New Member

Well I have never seen the need to up my health cause in battle it's just easier to drink some magic potion, hence I've invested on attack and stamina instead.

On a single attack I get like 88 and on power I get like 300?!?! My attack is at 451and all weapons are at 50+ damage.
    In my mind the math would go 451+50+55+45=601 damage, right?! And yet I only get 88?!
    WTH?!

So in order for me to inflict more damage I should up my health?!? Doesn't seem very logical to me..

And I know for a fact that a friend of mine at lvl 120 has an attack strength 100 and lesser weapons (30+32+25) and he does more damage than me in a boss battle...

How's bout leveling the playing field or at least give us a heads up on what qualities are required in battle.. what are the skills that one should level up in order to get a good attack strength, doesn't seem to be based on attack skills!!?!

11. Kaerbanog

Kaerbanog New Member

And so it was that the one called Kaerbanog leveled up and used all his skillpoints to advance his health and thus his attack strength against the mighty bossman grew..

So apparently the health part is true.. the bigger health the harder the blow against the BossMan...

Still a bit ticked off for not being aware that health had something to do with ones attack strength.. I always viewed it as an indicator for how long you could battle, thats why I thought it was a bit silly to upgrade since you can always resort to your trusty magic potions to keep going.

well.. that was my two cents.. hope this helped some of you in your quests for knowledge.

12. i got a complain that i help kill boss and that i was to greedy lol any way next time :D

13. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Member

Health doesnt increase your damage % wise. If you have 100 hp, your foe has 100 hp, and you deal 20 damage to him, you will take 20 damage. If you (or your foe) has 200hp, but the other still has 100, nothing changes. But if you both have 1000hp, you would deal 200 dmg*

Since the bosses have so much HP, you can increase your hp for a while till the attack doesnt increase. When that happens, your damage output is no longer affected by your own HP, but by the amount of att and items/weapons you use (at that time).

(*the numbers are just a random example I'm giving and is probably not correct)

14. health doesnt increase your damage.increasing attack and defense strength is crucial cause if you just increase health your gonna end up leveling someone that has a much stronger attack than your defense.

15. well attack and defence works on pirate clan cage fight and Boss
    in Viking Clan attack Works on Boss
    thats tested :eek:

16. kaeluen

kaeluen New Member

I am having the same problem

Okay,my deal is the same as the original poster. A friend helped me with my boss mob here are the details :
    He is level 141 attack 208 defense 181. I am level 177 attack 366 defense 283. On my boss battle he hit the mob total 16 times for 26856. I hit the boss total of 14 times for 5366.
    Now, he was using lesser weapons than I. How is it possible he is doing so much more damage than I? I have the same exact weapons he had used so i equipped them, still he does more damage than I. I always use power attack as does he. I am thinking there is a glitch or something...
    If someone can explain this to me PLEASE do so.

17. Calypso

Calypso New Member

A quote from the help files on Mob Wars:

"Health is lost during all types of Fights, how much depends on your opponents strength. Increasing max Health will increase your chances for a kill as well as making it more difficult to be killed. Health refills with time. For quick refills of Health see The Godfather. Increase your maximum Health with Skill Points from your Profile. Each time you level up you will receive bonus health up to a maximum of 5000 or your characters max whichever is less."

I read a lot of this stuff a while back as I could tell that the Kano apps were a bit deeper than most of the other apps.

From what I have experienced, basically an attacking player must have more attack than their opponent has defense (without adding weapons, elites, or boosts into the mix). However, the amount of damage you do once you have won the battle is dependent on your health.

I believe the reason behind it is to dissuade "leeches." For example, if you had an account with very low health, and very high attack, you could attack and defeat another player multiple times while only causing them a small amt of dmg, all the while still reaping the max dollar amount ($100,000) from them. Then, if a high health player tried to attack back in an attempt to retrieve their money they would only be able to attack a few times before you were hospitalized and therefore immune to further attacks.

I might also add that a low health player will also make less xp than a high health player (at least from attacking other players)... Even further, most people do not like leeches, so leech at your own risk :D

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  18. well might have higher health then

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  19. rbutchie

rbutchie New Member

Since my OP I have increased 50 levels increased my attack by 100 and bettered my Items----and guess what---- I do less damage!! Explain this to me!!

20. hmm.maybe the boss got so much tougher its canceling out your increased attack strength:confused:though yeah that is a bit confusing:confused: