[VC] betting gold

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Akkhunter1, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Before i go into this, i searched for anything similar to this and all i found was a post for a virtual slot machine. I looked up "gambling", "betting", and "bets". So if i copied a previous thread, im sorry, i did my best to look for anything the same as this.

There should be a feature that lets you bet gold against another player. (Only gold, not favor points). They have a choice to choose between 5 different cards, once who ever you are going against chooses a card, you can no longer choose that card. But you will be looking for a certain card, at the top it will say "Winning card is: 7 of diamonds", just as a example. Now of course, the cards will be face down. The person who picks the right card gets back there gold and the amount of money the other player bet. Now, the 2 players must bet the same amount, to make it fair. And if one of the players doesnt have that much, they just move on to the next person. You would not know who you are going up against ever. If both of the players pick the wrong card, they both get there gold back. But heres the catch, you would only be allowed to do 15 games a day. And the reason i say that is so some players that have alot of money to bet with wont be able to double there money or over double it. The 15 games a day is 15 full games, you can move onto a new game if you dont have enough gold to bet with the other player.

EDIT: There would be a max of 10 trillion for the betting.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  2. Interesting idea, have given this a 10 :)

3. Good Idea, new way to burn or gain money, and a new idea for the mini-games
    so what about the amount of the money we bet on
    (is there limit? or i bet with 1T and another person with 1B?)
    or there will be some things such as rooms and each room have a different amount to bet with?(like this)

10 stars from me

4. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

They must bet the same, and ima go back and put a limit of 10 trillion. Its a risky game, but it can also be rewarding.

5. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I think it's a good idea for the time being i am giving you a 10 on it unless someone points out a downfall issue on it which i really can't see since it is a random chance of finding the right one.

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Are the games even designed for this,Kano?

7. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Why wouldnt they?

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

There is a card game already "Captain's Gambit" some people have gambling problems, but with the in game gambit they really lose nothing , just saying.

9. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Linda, but this is much different then that, you play against other real players, you can loose money in this one... or you can win alot more in this one.

10. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Yes I am aware of that, was just giving my thoughts, I did not vote, as I do not do the gambit I like the other game, I am very lucky with that one.

11. Eraser

Eraser Member

I could see some money transfers going on here... You say they wouldnt know who they are betting against... but there is ways to know. but say you just bet some wierd amount of money like 9,335,452,481,576. Or if you offer set amounts for bets only... what about just doing it at very strange hours when nobody is playing?

the other issue i have with it... Is its really doesnt fit the games. There are tons of poker apps. We play stategy games.

Im not voting this, but i would just like to mention, Its nothing that I want Dev time used for.

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Well if a player can't even gift another player something from inventory,it kinda makes me think the games aren't designed for this.

13. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I see all good points raised by Tim and Lord aka Protector , there are gambling games and if ya want to gamble do it there, I think the dev's are busy enough keeping things working and adding new content that has to do with the actual games, 1 star sorry

14. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

hmm true, but they both could get the card wrong and have to go to a new game.

15. alka

alka Banned

I hate that fact that we have to go through the tedious process of card games to win a challenge. So another card game would have me pulling my own teeth out.
    Also, as has been pointed out, Money Laundering would be rife amongst the alts.
    Sorry, 1 from me

16. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Its not like someone could transfer 10 trillion to a level 1, because a level 1 should not have that much money.

17. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

my thoughts exactly, sorry akk