Battling vs Bosses

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eddie, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Eddie

Eddie Member

Last week, I tested if I can keep up with those who level using bosses versus me who levels with battles. I did 5k hits per day; I did this for a total of 5 days which came out to 25k hits. I managed to climb 14 levels in a 24-hour period; the maximum possible with the current limits. It took me about 4-5 hours a day, a lot of dedication.
    Now the people who level off bosses daily managed to go up 20-30 levels in a 24 hour period. This is a serious issue for a game that used to be centered around battling. After all, the game is called viking clan. The "Power Attacks" on bosses are already hurting the players who level using battles. People who level on bosses can go up in levels much quicker then those who battle.

The battle system needs a complete overhaul, where it takes more then 4 hits to put someone into the hospital. Also, power attacks NEED to be built into battles also, this way leveling off bosses and battles would go at an even pace.

My question is, should people who level off bosses be able to go up FASTER & MORE then those who dedicate their time and battle things out for hours non-stop?

Please do not turn this thread into a "limit boss kills" thread.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  2. Lady Jewels

Lady Jewels Member

I must agree, battling takes hours to accomplish what those killing bosses can do in just a few minutes. Those of us dedicated to fighting battles are at a disadvantage. There really needs to be an update to battling as well as there was an update to bosses. The time is long over due. Even though there are more points awarded, it does not make up for the discrepency.

3. Eliminate the 5K limit and replace with random human verification popups to catch the botters and implement single click battle decisions like I mentioned in Gene's thread.

4. we need some faster battle options ... just like boss fighters have so they level up fast with no limit..
    and its fair deal for levelling partner players... hope Dev's working on it :) !!

5. Eddie you are correct.all the games pretty much took a turn for where as of now boss players will level up faster.the battle system does need adjusting.

as of now when you use more stamina(boost)on someone your actually SHRINKING your exp instead of gaining while on a boss use 5 stam for 1 power attack your INCREASING your exp.

battle system needs tweaking to even this out.

also interesting fact bout all 4 kano games on myspace is that ALL THE #1 RANKS dont rank on the battle win board at all.im not joking.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  6. if your idea happens they had better always work.original mob wars(facebook)did that and they didnt always load so you were stuck unable to play

7. Eddie

Eddie Member

I am a bit skeptical about these, I've played other games where they would not load. Lets says they do make them and it comes up, you fail it 10 times(max allowed lets say) what happens then? We don't have a freeze system that would handle this, and if we did, devs would have to actively check who got frozen for failing and investigate WHY. Many times it happens that its not the user's fault that they failed.

8. Well something needs to be done to stop bot users so they can drop that 5K limit. Not going to be too picky what is employed just that limits are the wrong way to go about doing it. After all the limit doesnt stop bot users, it only slows them down. My guess is that we are going to have to have the devs be more proactive on unfreezing accts mistakenly caught due to error etc.

While this would benefit me greatly by widening the pool of fight partners I have greatly (allowing me to more efficiently use both methods of leveling) it wouldn't work out among the game's overall population.
    The problem with this would be if you changed the battle system to reward XP based on greater margins of victory it would completely screw all existing level partners who built their characters to ensure minimum margins of victory and thus max XP. These high level players take a long time to level and would be difficult for them to retool their character to adapt to the changes. That in turn would give a HUGE advantage to new and mid level players which has been what the vast majority of the complaining in this forum has been about.
    If you did the reverse and made boss XP based on narrow margins of victory then it's not like there is an abundant supply of hard to kill bosses that would then yeild massive XP plus require a LOT more hits than the current XP boons out there, thus the boss players continue at their current pace.

If you want to speed up the battle system, single hit battle decisions would be the way to go in my opinion. Say player 1 attacks player 2 and wins. now it would take 11 hits to put player 2 in the hospital. With one click 11 stamina is deducted from player 1 and player 2 goes to the hospital. Afterwards player 2 heals and player 1 attacks. Player 1 wins but is low on health so in 3 hits he goes to the hospital. 3 stamina is deducted from player 1. Player 1 still wins and gets the XP, only the fight with one click goes to whoever is sent to the hospital (or killed in the case of overwhelming force) first.

9. Eddie

Eddie Member

@wtf a talking towel

We higher levels can adjust to the new changes fine ;)

10. battle Vs Boss good Question !!!

hi Kano and members :)

just wanted to say that i like Kano forum but now i dont have time for Kano Forum if i want to level everyday...:(

some level with partner 15 levels in 2 hours but takes me 5 hours or more ...i think im the slowest levelling Viking on VC he he
    well from boss battles its 20-30 levels in 1 hour .. as long you keep refill stamina 5-10 times ...
    so can Kano make old Viking Happy and help with battle attack ... hmm in pirate clan they have cage match and u can attack some one 20 times and than heal and exp were not so bad .. why not add some on VC also like challenge Batlle 1Vs1 with personal weapons and attack/defence

or Like Eddie say before we should get 2 stamina attack so it comes with double exp ... and also why not make 8 attacks on Rival and than you need to heal up ( thats if you and rival have the same health and strength ) now is 4 attacks and heal ...

im sure that will make lots levelling partners happy and speed up the leveling process from 5 hours 5000 attacks to 2 and half hours for max limit 5000 attacks ... or better make limit 10 000 attacks a day ;)

well i just try help here and also i wish i have more time to come and read more comments from other members on Kano Forum
    Thanks Kano

Para

11. would be interesting to add cage in on VC,however if so then some high levels that built the old way best start adding defense hehe

12. Allen Marino

Allen Marino New Member

As someone approching level 500, I find I use both fighting platform. If I'm fighting a boss battle & don't quite have the stam to finish it off, I switch to battle for the extra XP per hit to go up a level. If I just depended on one platform I would never go up as fast.
    If they change the rules, I would just have to adjust my tactics to meat the challange. If I stop having fun I'll just walk away from the game as I have so many others.

13. slowest leveling...far from it bro, you level at the exact same pace as I do and I use both methods of leveling I think having a cagematch feature (call it duel or something) on VC would be a good idea. It would help nullify the advantages of lower level credit card players buying max clan. (thats more of an issue on PC than VC though) I've also suggested single click battle resolution, one click and the battle goes to whoever ends in the hospital first or runs out of stamina. That could mean 1 stam per click or 12 depending on health def etc.

14. Eddie

Eddie Member

This Viking is no longer available for attacks, give them a break and try attacking another clan!

This is pathetic! 14 levels and thats it?

Kendall, when will there be a overhaul of the battle system? :D

15. How about 10 favor points and attack again the same player 5000 times? :p

16. Eddie

Eddie Member

Wont be enough, boss levelers still go up much faster then us! I say power attacks in battle :D

17. bosses were a bad idea they really were.exp might be less per stam but its much easier to level off them than player vs player which is what the game was built on to begin with.

18. thats true :(

but i believe Kano wants this game fair for everyone and working on it ...
    so will be nice surprise for all levelling partners ... its posible all boss Killers will start using Levelling partners after all its respectful to your friend or not ...:D

19. Kuukaku

Kuukaku New Member

how about you stop whining about it mr i have a huge clan to fight people with. some people don't have huge clans like you do and the boss battle thing allowing them to level up faster than people who fight is a benefit to the people who don't have huge clans like you and some of the other people who've been posting on this thread complaing about the boss battling people gaining levels faster than them.

20. I'm not opposed on quicker battle resolutions (power attacks) though the idea that it's faster to level off bosses is a misconception. I recently put this notion to the test and observed two of my higher level clan mates climb 12 levels in a matter of two hours via sparring. Conversely by blasting every boss I saw during this very same time frame I only went up 3 levels. Granted I'm not one of the 3 top notch boss blasters in the game whom you all are undoubtedly referring to but still. Battles are much faster per unit time. The only way that boss players (or mixed players heavy on the bosses) can meet or exceed that is by logging in for longer periods of time.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010