battle strength

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Demonik1, Apr 7, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The outcome of a battle is determined by pitting the aggressor's Attack power against the target's Defense power. Whoever has the higher power after all items, bonuses, multipliers, etc have been applied is the victor.

Usually the person with the greater power deals the most damage, but there are a few cases when this doesn't happen. For instance, an attacker cannot deal more damage than than their target has health. Hopefully that answers something! :)

2. Elise Falcony

Elise Falcony Banned

Im on 3 motnth make more than linda and mat on years.

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

On a different network with different players, the comparison is apples and oranges. I think the point they're trying to make is that there are a variety of different play-styles and ways to be successful in Viking Clan; one size doesn't fit all.

Anyways, your personal feelings about other forum goers and their success in the games aren't germane to any of the conversations currently going on and that applies to anyone else as well. We're here to talk about the games, so let's keep it that way! :)

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

TY Mitch, at least Linda and myself get some recognition.

5. ok so seriously here if his total defensive battle strength is so much higher than my total attack battle strength, why am i winning? And if this is really correct and not a glitch, why do we have these numbers to look at at, and the ability to look at our total battle strength if these numbers are basically meaningless in an actual battle? And if its a matter of health then im confused as well, he has around 20,000 more health than I do, and he s around 1000 levels higher than I am

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  6. Elise Falcony

Elise Falcony Banned

http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?13092-battle-strength&p=101685&viewfull=1#post101685

2. numbers is meanungs, but developers dont want open game mechaniks.

3. health on battle strenght dont used. it is used on counting of hp damage. and it is not used as - more hp more damage. it is used as % of damage.

For example - people can hit full enemy 5-6 times. so HP damage on 1 hit = HP full/6 or HP/7.
    If you have 10000 hp, enemy have 50000hp you make to him near 7000hp - he to you 1500.

And there is used % of comparing battle strench. If you make to enemy 20% more than he have defence you make HP*dmg*1,2

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'll break it down for you, the battle strength tab is there for sole purpose of being helpful on what use defensive side. We can all see before this from attacking a opponent, but was made so we can see our own defense without asking another friend to hit/copy your defense items..

Battle strength #'s doesn't mean anything really without allocated points to attack and defense.

Health is damage can deal to opponent , ever hit a low health player in the game in range? You will know what I mean if so.

Ever hit high health opponent and has counter the damage it does? LOL

Max slap is 20% your health, depending on if other opponent has more health than you.

Olaf, basically DEMONIK'S defense is lower on allocated Skill Points, or yours is higher. Allocated points has a bigger "MODIFIER" than the battle strength tab #'s, if get my drift.

8. Thanks Matthew, i appreciate your help

9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

10. coolestcool

coolestcool Member

You may not have the exact formula but you are not far from it. As for the arena formula you gave earlier, I've not checked to confirm because I've not joined yet but using that logic, I've confirmed on LCN that the total modified for syndicate wars is given as;
    Total modified = 50*Personal + 100*Armed + Weapons + Armor + Vehicle

As for the effect of health on battle, you are right about it being used in terms of %. Unlike the arena and syndicate/armada wars, the modified value for battle (PvP) will be more difficult to get because %boost, critical hit and the random factor will be included. It is after the modified value for the 2 players involved have been gotten that the player with the lower health value will be used in determing the amount of damage dealt and received in the ratio/percent of their modified strength.

Let me say after the modification, mine is 1M with health 25,000 and yours is 800K with health 28,000. My health being the lower maximum health between us will be used in determining damage dealt and received in the ratio 1M:800K which is 5:4.
    The total damage is 30% of the lower health (25,000 in this case) = 7500
    Damage dealt = 5/9 * 7500 = 4167 rounded up
    Damage received = 4/9 * 7500 = 3334 rounded up

You may not be 100% right, but you are not far from it. All you need is more data and you will arrive at the desired result. I've always felt the formula will be of the format you gave but I never bothered to give it a try. Keep on trying. Don't be discouraged

11. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

id rather not waste skill points on defense, ive never cared who can beat me...thats what counters are for...he was just curious about the numbers is all...if we were ever allowed to reallocate my defense would be a 1 with the exception of my loadout lol

12. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i figured as much but wanted some kind of something from kano and one correction here matt...your max slap is 5% of the lowest max health between you and your opponent

13. Elise Falcony

Elise Falcony Banned

another game - another game logic
    thank you.

14. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Health or the lack there of has a LOT to do with it. The affect health has has on battle results and slaps has been screwy as hell from day 1.