[VC] Battle Results Design Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jan 30, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey everybody,

We're gearing up to release an updated version of the Battle Results display to Viking Clan next early next week so we wanted to give you a sneak peek of the interface changes ahead of time.

The reworking of the Battle Results screen mostly stems from some issues players have had over the years with the old Results screen as well an ongoing effort to make the game look a bit more modern. We also managed to save a bit of space with this new design so the Battle Result interface will take up less screen real estate than the old one.

As I said this is expected to hit early next week for Viking Clan, so take some time to look at the screenshots and familiarize yourself with the new layout. Any preliminary thoughts are always appreciated although, while I understand it is tempting to be all doom and gloomy about change, please wait until you try it out for yourself next week before you discount it. :)

We're also including an opt-out option in the settings for those of you who prefer the old way of doing things.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

As long as i have a choice..

Well..:confused:..im dead set against this change..i said it in the trials...the old battle results screen works great ...As long as i have a choice in using it then it wont effect my play...of all things to worry about in this game..the battle board...lets get serious here..if ANYTHING needs changed its the crafting section and the way our warriors , weapons are displayed ...its a complete mess...not user friendly at all !!!

3. Looks pretty cool and there is an opt out, how can you complain about that?

4. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

will it affect how hunting bounties looks as well? will the attack link on a more than one hit kill be at the same position? very important for us active hunters that predicate a second hit or more

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Bounty hunting will use the same results screen. We did quite a few iterations on this design to minimize that specific occurrence, which we were able to do so the Attack button should remain static. However, when the design goes live and you notice anything funky, please don't hesitate to let us know!

6. Demonik1

will do as soon as it comes out, good or bad feedback will be given

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

As long as it is constructive, we're always happy to receive it! :)

8. Lawskar

Lawskar Member

No problem here shows all the relevant info etc... Especially like the settings page: The multi load out option tick boxes will be beneficial.. Good job guys!!

9. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

10. Demonik1

any idea of when this is going live for server 2 vc?

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Early next week is the plan, should hit for all versions of Viking Clan (FB, KP and Kong/Armor).

12. Chris Groner

Chris Groner New Member

Not too excited about the battle results screen. I am happy that the Battle help is gone from the screen. I agree with Lascepter on what KANO should be prioritizing their time on, the battle results in my opinion are near the bottom. Crafting needs some serious attention, which it seems is on the bottom of KANO's priorities. Funny how KANO goes off in this direction when A LOT of the actual people that play the game would like to see things that actually affect game play worked on. But hey what do we know.

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Let me just head off the perception that it requires literally all of Kano's manpower to rework the Battle Results screen. On the whole it only took a couple people to do this while the rest of our staff worked on other things.

What exactly do you mean by "crafting needs some serious attention"? We just released the Elite/Legendary crafting for some higher level locations and are already working on the next round. Unless you're referring to something else? If you have something specific that you would like us to address, please let us know.

14. Demonik1

whats wrong with the crafting? besides that there should be more available to craft. i see nothing wrong with it. its all a matter of numbers and if you dont know what your lowest items are on att and def for crafting purposes then what ARE you paying attention to if not your own strength?

15. Chris Groner

Chris Groner New Member

The crafting is an utter cluster. You have to wade through a bunch of weapons and warriors that you would not ever think of crafting after certain levels. The crafting could be organized better. If there was an option to hide certain warriors or weapons that would be a plus. Also adding more of the various boss drops for the lower level bosses that currently cannot be crafted up would be kinda nice too.

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Excellent, thanks Chris! I'll show this to the developers. Who knows, we might tackle reorganizing crafting next! :)

We already have a number of filtering options for locations and item types, which can cut down on the hassle of crafting. Let us know if you have any suggestions of other filters you'd like to see, as well.

17. Demonik1

actually theres filters in the blacksmith so you can craft by each area. so if youre only crafting higher level stuff then only go thru the crafting for the higher level areas....i think a better solution would be to give everyone an option to hide items theyre done crafting like we can hide rivals or out of range vikings and the dead ones on our battle list...beyond that i dont see how much more organization youd need.

Edit: what REALLY needs to be done is to add crafting beyond legendary and add eliting to crafts that people have spent quads on just to see your coin go to waste ...if you can elite boss drops then why not poison strokes or freyas helms? boss drops cost next to nothing to craft while the others ive mentioned drain your acct just to go to waste

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

A hide option would work great for blacksmithing, or a simple text change like in this pick of adding the attack/defense #'s

[​IMG]

19. Chris Groner

Chris Groner New Member

That looks like a brilliant idea Matt!

And thank you for agreeing with me Demonik1 even though I don't think you meant to :D

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  20. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Hooray, the attack button remains static