[VC] Battle List Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Due to popular demand we have made some changes to how players are sourced for the Battle List. There are a couple of issues that we want to address:
    1. Valhalla Vikings cluttering the Battle List
    2. Having to exhaust all your Valhalla Viking fights before you can see out of range opponents
    1. Valhalla Vikings
    Now by default Valhalla Vikings will be hidden from your battle list. If there are some Valhalla Vikings to fight you will now see this link at the bottom of your Battle List:
    [​IMG]

Click this link and Valhalla Vikings will load at bottom of your battle list.

2. Out of Range Opponent Sourcing
    We have had complaints that players felt they needed to exhaust their daily allotment of Valhalla Viking Battles before their battle list opened up with more "live" opponents. While this was true we intended to only source higher level out-of-range opponents as a last resort to fill the Battle List.

This has now changed and you will start to see higher level out-of-range opponents if there are less 5 in-range to battle.

We appreciate your feedback so please let us know what you think of these changes in this thread.

UPDATE (July 30th):
    Due to even more popular demand we have put the control in your hands to toggle if you want to hide either the Valhalla Vikings or Out of Range Vikings.

If there are Undead or Out of Range within your list results you will see this at the top of your Battle list. Toggle the checkboxes to save your preference for the future.
    [​IMG]

In addition to this each grouping of opponents is clearly labeled so you will be able to determine "Out of Range Vikings" as well as the Valhalla.

2. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Very nice.

3. Goddess Freya

Goddess Freya New Member

The change for Valhalla's is fine. However, now my battle list shows my Clan members in my battle range. Clan members never appeared in your battle list before. What's the point of clanning with someone if now they have the ability to attack you? What kind of ridiculous change is this or is it a system error?????

4. Goddess Freya

Goddess Freya New Member

I'm level 3300. On my battle list are players 2000-4000 levels above me. I can understand opening up the battle field a little but that many levels above is not a fair battle. This needs to be changed!!!

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Sorry bout that. Small hiccup on this release, it should be fixed up for everyone within the next few minutes.

Thanks for the heads up.

As for players many levels above you don't have to fight them. This is why we originally suppressed these high level players until the Valhalla battles were exhausted. However many players wanted to see more "live" players to fight.

Keep an eye on the Level of your opponent and all of the higher level ones should be at the bottom of the list anyways.

6. Goddess Freya

Goddess Freya New Member

I have no intention of fighting anyone 2000-4000 levels above me. I'm concerned that if they want an easy kill, anyone significantly below their level will be an easy target now that we're on their battle list. We have enough bullies here, I don't think having that broad of a battle range is fair for the players at the lower end of the battle range.

7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Duly noted. Perhaps we can make this configurable to allow players to opt-out of sourcing these high level players before the Valhalla have been exhausted because we certainly don't want to encourage bullying.

Thanks for the feedback

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

You now have the ability to control if you want to Hide the Valhalla Vikings or Out of Range Vikings.

Please see the top post for updated details.

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

1ST OFF Goddess Freya, you maybe able to see people that are way higher lvl but they can not see you even if they could would not be able to attack you unless you hit or slapped them 1st!! 2nd is @ Smack I have 4 alive, which you posted up less than 5 can open up the highers which I want, the tab you showed in 1st post is not there, Vahalla tab is yes.. Is there a problem you have not noticed yet with 'hide out of range vikings' cause I know i'm not blind!

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

screen shot for you

Attached Files:

11. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Hey Matthew. Soon as all your in range vikings are expense or enough of them then your outer range vikings will show up and that small little box to hide them will also show up to hide out of range vikings. Had a similiar question asked in pirate clan that i had to find out for players also. Give it a few they will show up the out of rangers and when they do you can decide to hide them or unhide them.

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

@ jon i got bountied attacked 1 hr ago by a higher lvl i have no one in my range to fight, just checked he is alive and healed you trying to tell me it takes that long? All kidding aside that remark was a joke, but it's not working properly and tab is still not there..

13. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply back Matthew i will send a message to the developer for you to look into this and comment back here. Give me a few and the developers.

14. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Dev here! Matthew can you PM me your user_id and the network you are playing on so I can look into this further?

Cheers

15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Sent thanx Smack

16. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Did you PM me or send to support? I don't see anything in my inbox on the forum.

EDIT: I see it in email. Thanks I will have a peek

17. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

That should be fixed up for you now Matthew. Apologies, the logic got crossed on the default toggle value.

Thanks for letting us know!

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

TY SMACK, Yes seems to be OK now ty can see 7 and the icon box

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Did a test run Smack clicked it to hide highers now unavailable again and refreshing leaving game tab still gone... I know what I wanted but feature is still not functioning as intended, the vahalla tab does just fine..

20. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Odd, I just checked it out and it is working fine. Please let me know otherwise.