[VC] Battle improvement - formations

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by SteveStainless, Nov 5, 2012.

1. SteveStainless

SteveStainless New Member

Hi,
    This idea has come to my mind because the Arena is just a little too dull in terms of attacking.
    Often people log on and find they are already dead without having a chance to do anything. Different time zones help but this could also.

When you submit your application to the Arena how about you also submit chosen formation(s) (attacking and defensive). I realise we already have defensive stance but I'm talking here about a set of possible defensive formations - silimar to Rock, Scissor, Papers (initially) - some defensive formations absolutely beat some attacking formations every time but are pants against others.

As an improvement on this you could also submit a 'pattern' of formations so that attackers don't get to attack the same formation each time (and thus work out how to beat you).

Is this suggestion worth building on?

NB - It doesn't have to apply just to the Arena - but IMHO is needed there to make things more interesting.

Thanks

Steve

2. Victor Coker

Victor Coker New Member

I'm guessing you got this idea from what it tells you when you set up a counter-attack on a viking. I don't know if this would work or not. It would be kind of hard to decide on a formation without knowing the numbers involved. It might be okay to set up a selection of formations for attack and defense, but it would be difficult to come up with stats for each formation - attack strength, defensive strength, etc. I do think it might be worthy of Kano at least thinking about it.

3. I'm giving this a 10 simply because I think there should be more survival options available for when you first start the arena, if I'm at work all day I can't always be on and sometimes I come home with really low health or I have had my A*s handed to me :)