[VC] Battle Drops Coming Friday March 16!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Mar 15, 2012.

1. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

1 Battle Drop
    Lighteater Staff

1 Lighteater Staff

66 Attack

65 Defense

I got this drop off of a level 2690.....i am level 4320.....im not gonna complain....!

2. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

A question i have been hearing is...for those that LEVEL...will there be a limit on the amount of drops they will receive...ie / some levelers hit for 500/1000/2500/5000 hits each...will they still continue to get the random drops as usual battles would drop...I think their should be a limit after so many hits in a row...

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Higher levels getting "screwed" with this release, is this something that you see happening with actual drops getting acquired or is this an assumption based on assumptions?

We have listened to feedback previous to this release and from what we have heard players at higher levels are concerned that lower levels can now acquire drops that are "new" and were not available to them, concerned that now lower levels will have an advantage.

So hearing that concern, we were careful with the tuning of the drops to match what can be acquired at a far faster rate through bosses than fights, we also matched the power of the items accordingly.

If you see your concerns coming to fruition, please shoot support an email with an example, drop rates are pretty low.

With respect to why this change was made. We have gotten strong feedback of players desire to get this back to a battling game, what we hope battle drops will do, will get more vikings on the battle field, which will mean those vikings should be getting more XP than off of bosses, which means that more "fighting" vikings will be leveling up, which means hopefully you will get some new vikings on your fight list.

You seem to be complaining about empty fight lists, which we hope this feature in time will help improve for the higher levels.

What higher levels get today, a chance to earn drops from fighting if they are fighting, if they aren't then they can continue to hit bosses, if they have no one on their fight list hit the bounty board where drops can be acquired as well. What they get tomorrow more vikings fighting.

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

In myspace the 3 top players are within a few hundred levels of each other.....the next tier of players are thousands of levels below that and they are a pretty limited group of players as well. Considering the #1 player refuses to engage in battle and simply sets counters when I engage him that leaves me 1 player I can fight in order to obtain battle drops. So if and when I battle this one opponent Im going to receive the same drop that the second tier of levels get....but Im going to receive them at a slower rate. The second tier of levels players rarely ever engage because they cant win, some but very few will attack while im bounty which puts them on my rival list, In most cases I will kill them in short order taking them off my rival list or they will simply counter me. So even then because Im so much more powerful and because of the lesser drop rate I have almost zero chance of getting a battle drop that really doesnt do me much good anyways. The lack of similar leveled rivals and the lack of bosses for players of my level is the reason that the drop rate should be much higher than those who have a bigger rival list. Are we higher levels just suppose to do bosses at the much higher stamina price to remain competitive? Not only is that not fair but it seems pointless to spend that much more stamina to level and gather drops of supposedly of equal value when we at the highest of levels become more restricted in what we can do with every level we gain.

All the updates are biased towards the lower levels, when is Kano gonna catch up to the highest of levels? The highest levels cant go back in time or levels to reap the benefits of these updates directed at the masses, where as any update that was specifically designed for the the highest of levels would someday be available to all those that eventually make it to the higher levels. Stop catering to the low levels and do some long over due updates for the players that have dedicated the most time and or monies!

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Thats half my point Kendall! we at the highest of levels are being punished and will have to wait around for other to catch up before we can take advantage of this update, U dont see the issue with this?

I understand that the battle drop ratio is much less than that of boss drops, but players of a lesser level have the opportunity to do both (battle and bosses) on a much more regular basis than that of a higher leveled player, inevitably allowing them to level faster, cheaper while still gaining the same drops I can. What u r saying is that I need to ..(a) sit around and wait for everyone to catch up in order for this update to benefit me or....(b) do bosses exclusively in order to maintain my level lead and never have the opprtunity to battle level and earn equitable battle drops at half the stamina price.

I cant believe you brought up the bounty board thing.....not only are the drops tied to the lower of the two levels which makes them useless to me, but once again I will being penalized by the bounty delay! How about the fact that I kill anyone and everyone on the bounty in a couple hits or less....I dont see getting many drops there with the drop rate being so low.

6. Quick question, but can battle drops be won while attacking someone on the bounty board?

Sometimes I can win against those that are hundreds/thousands of levels above me. Would I be able to get a rare drop based on that?

7. Shadowmaster

Shadowmaster Member

@ Kul The answer to that question is yes, I have been bounty hunting and I did indeed get a drop from a level 1960. I just used stamina to try this update out, I won 800 fights and got a total of 3 battle drops (@level 1044). That's a pretty low percentage and no reason for anyone to complain if you ask me. Just my opinion, I love this update. I also thought LaScepter's question was a good one and ought be answered (I don't mind either way, I am simply curious). Have a good one everybody.

8. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

not that good just done 5000 and got 3 drops

9. I don't know how much stamina I've spent so far, but I've gotten:

3x Celestial Starblades
    2x Thunder Bows
    2x Tempest Maidens

And I'm not sure if this one is a battle drop or not, I was clicking too fast.

Underdrake
    Attack: +61
    Defense: +54

10. Shadowmaster

Shadowmaster Member

I have a suggestion. How about you make it so there is a percentage chance for a battle drop from killing someone as well? That would include axe slap kills and be regardless of whether you win or lose. That would help the higher levels as they tend to kill more vikings than others and would also add another interesting dynamic to the game.

11. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

This feature I hope is good for folks who battle, like real battle v. contrived leveling. I notice Bully Thor of FB saying he got 3 drops after 5000 ... which is not real battling at all. Ditto what Ketil does too. Hitting the same opponent 5000 times straight is well ... what it is. A cheap way of leveling and getting stronger v. other players. It should not be rewarded period by anything remotely called a "battle" drop.

The same structural defect exists in Myspace at the top as Polish noted. The low rates of drops for "leveling" in straight hits, should suck. Unfair to the top (good!). Fair to many in the middle and coming up, making for more battles in some time frame in the future as you said Kendall.

As is, an interesting feature for say a level 1500 in MySpace who just picked up a few :)))

12. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

So Kendall, it does absolutely nothing for me, it will not increase my battling in any way because you did not bring in the adjustment that was talked of on defense. The drops are absolutely useless because they are of a far lower level than boss drops and the lack of drops for the amount of hits you have to do is ridiculous.
    So yet again another balls-up.

If it is so bad to have rewards that are level related, why is it that you do exactly that with bosses and empire upto a certain level. Why are us higher levels not rewarded the same?

Matias on your point about how hard you have it, if you knew how many people I could actually hit when I am in a warring guild because of the dopey restrictions, you'd know how incorrect your statement was. I think you'll find these higher level players that you talk of killing you could only do so if you'd have attacked them first, and anyway I thought that was the idea of guild wars, to attack and kill LMAO

Yep you're right Polish, screwed again and the idiots still cant see it, or choose not to LOL

13. Deb

Deb New Member

Battling versus Leveling

Well, if the Level 11000+ Kel and 10,000+ Suzie would fight instead of counter all the time, we could have some real fights. Oh that's right, the Queen cannot beat me. Well I won't hold my breath for a battle.

Guess we will have to wait and see if this is a great thing for a game overall. Just hope it is not the "Muspell" debacle again and some foresight was put into this addition. Happy Saint Paddy's Day *_*

14. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

LMAO Debs, he's more full of crap everyday.

15. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Useless

Mike and Deb have covered it for me. I am number 8 on FB leaderboard and no one fights me. So useless for me also. I am not gonna even comment on Lawrence's Hypocritical claims.

16. What would you guys suggest to improve your battling experience? I haven't really seen any of you in the Ideas section.

17. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

And Kendall, why is it that counters still exist after level 11200, surely the higher level vikings do not need them

18. Dunk Nielsen

Dunk Nielsen Member

wow so nice that some gets a drop and the rest dont WTF this must be another big brainstorm from kano , just like giving us a drop from the downtime , and everybody got it so it really going to give me an edge that i use this drop to fight my rival and he is using the exact same thing wow !!! did u guys figure that one out all by yourself ???

19. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

Lmao ..............

20. Shadowmaster

Shadowmaster Member

Update for the highest levels

I just thought it might be nice to hear from an unbiased source. I am level 1045 and agree that you should put an update in for the highest levels. The highest levels add a lot to make this game fun for the rest of us. I can speak as a bounty hunter that they are vital to the activity of the bounty list because they place a good percentage of the bounties due to their high income streams (or the fact that they are feisty) and add a fun dynamic to the game when trying to claim higher level bounties. Stopping the locations at level 5400 makes no sense since there are players in this game who are nearly twice that level, it is apparent to me that the highest levels clearly put the most time/money into this game and I believe they should be rewarded accordingly. Personally I think adding two more locations at levels 7000 and 10000 is a good idea but certainly in this case since you have added this new feature you should make a way for the higher levels to benefit from it as well to show a level of fairness towards the players that you ought to value most. Just my 2 cents on the matter.