Battle arena>>>why bother???

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jared, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Time Remaining:
    2:22:40:49
    Players Remaining:
    hmmm, can you believe that the remaining 100 players (at least 50 inactives) will be battling it out for rewards for the next 2 days and 22 hours?

2. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

yeah it sucks...i didnt even get to play lol i thought it wasnt till tonight haha

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I both agree and disagree. Some Lower n mid level active players do well on a regular basis(and it has nothing to do with help from higher levels). But when i say active I dont mean they can be as active as some of the higher level players...that would pretty much be suicide. The thing is that active low to mid levels need to use a bit more strategy and patience, be manning their accounts and perhaps a lil good fortune. Where I agree with you though is that rewards dont really merit the time and effort. So in the end once again the whole damn thing promotes inactivity. Like many of us have said...it should go back to the way it was before the slider(at least in KP until /if the numbers get better), or at least cut back to 2 attacks per. The simple fact is that the longer the arena the more opportunity there is for low to mid levels to level up and outlast inactives in defensive stance. The more players left alive for longer allows for these guys to fly under the radar longer.

With all that said though I cant emphasize enough how many active players just dont know what they're doing. They make the most basic of mistakes and then wonder why they get killed so quickly. I get attacked all the time by players that have no business attacking me.....not if they want to live or get forced into def stance anyways. Way to many of these players go in guns blazing with out even checking a targets stats. If they checked stats and saw that a player was active they would know not to attack. These players should only be attacking inactive accounts.

The other thing is sniping. Sniping is essential for lower levels but they need to be careful who they snipe. If they see that a large kill reward target is being taken down they should realize that the only players capable of doing that is another high level player, sniping their kill is a good way to shorten ones day in the arena. Even on a smaller target....watch how quickly their health is dropping....if its dropping fast chances are its a higher level taking them down, once again a good way to ensure an early exit.

Then u just have some accounts that are just a way better fit for the arena, If u want to do well in the arena as a lower level than u need to commit your build to it. Then again their are those that do well just because their numbers are so crappy know one wants to waste their time on them like high health and low kill rewards. Most lower levels avoid targets like that because the health is so high...but thats a mistake because builds like that are weak and can be taken down easily despite their high health

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  4. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

shrug. I signed up on FB but didn't play. Didn't bother with KP or Kong. They broke it.

5. Well, you can't be sure for 100% that there are 50 inactive guys, plus you are weak enough for not being able to get there, AND why didn't you search first for inactive guys and attacked them ?!

6. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Well, there were over 50 inactives in the last 100 in the last Pirates arena (there's a separate forum post about that you may have seen). I'm not the strongest player on here, but I wouldn't exactly say that I'm weak. I have played enough arenas to know how to strategize based on my stats. I do search for inactive players first, and I was lucky enough to even take one out this time before I got knocked out. What usually happens is I hit an active player before he (or she) has logged on and then they log on right afterwards and take me out, or I steal a kill from someone. Those situations I understand (which I believe Polish and others have posted numerous times, without giving away all of their arena tips). This time, I was taken out by a top 20 player (probably top 20 on the leaderboard, too), so there wasn't a whole lot that I could do. The point is that most active players are being penalized with all of the changes that have been made to the arena, resulting in more inactive players (including me, usually) ranking higher than ever before. I would be curious to know how you did in the last Vikings arena? Also, if you're such a "strong" player, pm me your link, and I'll show you how "weak" I am...

7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Don't worry, Demonik... that means you probably got a top 50 ranking with 1 FP at least for your memory loss... more than I got for remembering, lol...

8. Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy Member

It's usually over within 30 or so hours of it starting.
    I ranked #653 in the last Battle Arena.
    I'm not that bothered with my rank, but at least I had a go at it.
    It's a good source of XP.

9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

30 hours? rank 653? You must be playing on Facebook. The stats I posted were from the last Vikings arena on KanoPlay. I earn as much xp as an active player (with no fp) before I get killed as I do sitting there doing nothing as an inactive (with possible fp). So once again... WHY BOTHER?

10. Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy Member

"30 hours? rank 653? You must be playing on Facebook."

*clears throat* This VC game server is the Facebook one:
    http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_1

I presume the KanoPlay one is this:
    http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_2

11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

FB VC didn't last 30 hrs. More like 3hrs and was over.

12. Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy Member

I never know how long it takes because it ends at something like 3:30am in my time zone (GMT).

13. Demonik1

lolol i freakin wish...that woulda been nice butttttttttttt...Your Rank is 181!

During the Battle Arena you gained 0 XP!

14. Demonik1

yeah but you got exp for joining it AND got a level...better than nothing at all and more than what i got out of it lol

15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

FB VC I Got this for doing nothing besides my defense time.
    3 Favor Points
    70% XP to level
    20x Hourly income

16. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Inactive in today's Pirates arena for all of the first minute and got knocked out... Pretty hard to come up with a strategy to defend against that... WHY BOTHER?

17. J. Butter

J. Butter New Member

I am new to posting here but I have one pet pee. Why is everyone in the game all thrown in the same bucket to fight it out in arena? I can hit some with similar or more health than I & it takes hundreds of hits to get them down then some one can hit me 5 or 6 times & knock me out. If I hit them & win I still lose about 1/3 the health that I gain cause they are so much better & stronger account. I have nothing to complain about ones that have spent more years & dollars building their accounts but why not try to even up the playing field a little as in SW have different divisions to have similar levels & strength against ones like them so some are not doing 200 million damage on average when your max would be around 9 million. Some of these guys can take my little account out in five or less attacks now is that fair if it takes me 75-100 attacks to take out one close to my own size. Thanks for allowing me to vent.