[VC] Battle Arena - The Road Ahead

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Just move. On better. To dispel wrong info. Anyway

2. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

Kirsten I think your misunderstanding I am not discussing strength but the xp when you win a battle and the correlation of that to skill allotment

3. Kirsten

Wel that goes hand in hand ATT def health determine it along with drops load out and bosses but energy and stamina do not you also made two statements about Kano changed something and my never encountering let alone ever hearing that went to the source And asked

4. George Burd

if 2 people are equally matched in level health and battlestrength to where only the critical hit determines the winner, there should not be a 50+ xp difference on what each player gets on a win

5. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Talk about a thread getting off topic quick lol back to the ba.....revive needs to go, let the inactives thatvwere killed without performing any actions in the arena revive once and thats it.....if you leave it the waybit is all youre doing is encouraging the pay to play players to level into oblivion and turn off the people that cant or wont spend any money on this game and thatvwill slowly but surely kill ALL of these games off. Maybe thats the goal, get what you can while you can and get out. The revive needs to go and attacking people from the battle arena feed as well....if that stays then getting rid of the saved targets after theyre killed was pointless

George Burd, kevinmalo and Kirsten like this.
  6. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Interesting that Kano pitches in with comments on off topic stuff - how about some on topic comments?

Is it the intention of Kano to support the elite to godhood by only rewarding the expenditure of stamina in BA, knowing full well that lower level and new players won't have the stamina reserves of established players?

If the answer is "yes", then say so. And simply confirm that BA is now a stamina event - like levelling with a training partner and other stamina intensive aspects of the game.

Then we can tell new players that this is VIKING CLAN - a game where you take a number and have a seat while waiting for the oldies to drop dead from rampant rodent abuse!

Demonik1 likes this.
  7. Kirsten

Why can't people just play it have fun and not worry about where they are in an established game when up against. Long time players. There has to be something to look forward to

8. George Burd

why cant people just play and have fun, and not cry when those who built for arena beat them? They could change their build instead of having mom and dad change the games rules

kevinmalo likes this.
  9. Kirsten

Not sure who is crying about someone beating, them. enlighten me

10. Kirsten

Well I made the effor to contact Mitch and ask him about claims made here, for my own clarification.

11. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

you lol...

George Burd likes this.
  12. Kirsten

Personally I don't care where I rank or if I even join, so no I don't care who beats me,I play very few and for only a short time,I get attacks and kills and move on, You don't seem to understand,there are Many,Many players who give it their all and then some and have massive kills and attacks and are ranked a bit lower than those who do the min 100 and no kills, ,those are the players who want change and I champion them with support about change, me personally I could give a crap. The arena holds such little importance to me or my daily game, so making assumptions about me, well you would be wrong, but I will always fight for what is right and turtles ranking over others who give it their all, is not right. So unless Kano changes the way the arena changes are going,those of you who want the status quo to stay the same, seem to be the ones who are crying, not me, Oh and BTW the farce of the last FB PC arena where you won just cause a few knew who you are,did not impress me much at all,you were given that win,you hardly earned it , but at least you played
    .( and for the record I did not join that one cause of work)

Nic21 likes this.
  13. Demonik1

ive always thought, and in the past when the BA was young suggested that there should be 2 arenas, maybe even 3 level based arenas...pitting any level 1k vs 5k and up is just ridiculous...split them up and let every range of levels have the same fun....now it would dwindle the participation for each arena but at least everyone would have a chance at having the same fun the upper levels can have if they so choose in an arena

Birkebeiner and George Burd like this.
  14. George Burd

With the search function gone, I dont think it would be to difficult for kano to write the fight list propagation to be, find all available players within 10% +- of a fighter until top 50 or so remain

Birkebeiner and Demonik1 like this.
  15. Demonik1

maybe, sounds great in theory but it might be more complex than it sounds to implement...then again it could be a simple solution to an ongoing issue thats plagued lower levels since the induction of the arena

Birkebeiner likes this.
  16. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Almost fell off my perch... what is this I see - on-topic comments and real discussion, positive and constructive to boot?

I'm guessing that this suggestion (simultaneous tiered BA events) might work well on the FB server, but on the Kong/AG server there probably would be too few players... ironically, the problem might not be finding low level players, but higher level players.

To pursue this idea further and stay constructive, if we can't have "many" simultaneous BA events, maybe we could have a tiered approach within one BA - for example, divide the players into five sections/tiers based on their stats (or maybe just level) - and allow the top number (2-5, for example), from each section/tier to advance to a "final" where the sole survivor is the winner (classic arena style).

With careful implementation this would:
    1. Allow lower level players a chance at placing, and getting FPs,
    2. Allow lower levels to be something other than a source of health for the elite,
    3. It would make the event more challenging and fun and less of a stamina dump hunt.

In the above proposed version of BA, would we be in favor of keeping defensive stance, and the stamina slider? I'm guessing we wouldn't - with considered implementation, this would hopefully shift the balance more towards the center, not heavily favoring either "turtles" or "stamina beasts".

George Burd likes this.
  17. Demonik1

well, if you remove the stam slider youre opening the arena up for the snipers...it would take 3 times as long to take a person down from full health and give the snipers way more time to find the kill youre going after or i would agree with that

George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  18. Kirsten

I luv the slider :)

19. Vic

Vic Active Member

i must say that i like the slider, too. i guess i don't have a good arena build. it would be impossible for me to get kills without the slider unless i sniped them.

Kirsten likes this.
  20. George Burd

I kind of like the double elimination concept nice idea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.