Battle Arena Idea

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chasity, Feb 3, 2015.

1. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

heres a idea sit out a few arenas build free fp then go in like a raging bull thats what I do in vc, 50fp saved and 30 lvls worth in arena got me second place and 1st is a freaking monster on kongregate

2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Yeah but that is just empty leveling George. Even battle arena hasn't been dropping enough tier rewards for battle drops. They keep dropping the ones you can't do nothing with right now. So if the goal is to get to the next location boss then yes arena wars raids its a good thing to be able to use these things. However as you can tell so many players doing this are making themselves weaker. 1000 levels above 3000 levels above you can still beat these said players easily. And arena so many are unhappy about the in and out until sudden death. It's a thought it has been tried and only the empty levelers of the game like arena the way it is. They need to come back and redo arena make some more adjustments for the snails of arena and how much needs to be done. But the battle brawl and being able to heal until sudden death needs to go.

George Burd likes this.
  3. George Burd

I agree I was just sayin if you save up some fp and stamina you can hammer out a arena now and then if you like no need to spend a fortune,

4. Jon Ward

Yeah and just to prove how stupid arena is now. I entered right at the beginning during the brawl phase did over 1000 hits. Went into sudden death mode. And i watched all night long until i was finally eliminated in the number 10 spot. However since i only have 17k in points if that i get screwed out of the top 10 ranking because people have more points then i do because of brawl mode. That is bullshit. And this is why arena numbers have dropped even more now. If i am wrong when i wake up after the last 9 duke it out for first and i place number 10. Then i will eat my words. But from my understanding it goes by points now which is bullshit. I have built my character for years a certain way and if i can survive that far down into battle arena why should i be punished because someone had the ability to play longer or wanted more levels out of it then i do. I did what i wanted and played for how long i wanted. I can't help it took that long to kill me off.

George Burd likes this.
  5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well John, I know you hated the turtles in arena and was due for change=this crap. We all know our "sense" of change is not the same as KANO's. So who's at fault????

6. Jon Ward

Yes but my solution with the turtles was over 500 hits or more or even a kill. Not just 100 hits. And thats it. But again there were more people who bitched moaned and complained about the turtles and wanting even more drastic changes then that and this is what it became. So i lose out on experience gold and favor points because of these changes.

7. Jon Ward

Rank in the 100s. Even though i was number 10 when i was eliminated. Since arena is over. That is bullshit. I am done with arena also.

George Burd likes this.
  8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Is what it is, now got 8 hr BS, be careful what ask for, the will tweak it.

George Burd likes this.
  9. Vic

Vic Active Member

yeah, the 8 hour thing seems ridiculous to me. if you can't be there at the start, when you log in, the only players left are heavy hitters and those that are in defensive stance so you can't kill them. i'll forget the first phase and just try to be there when the first 8 hours ends so that i can try to at least get a few kills in.

10. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

How was this idea received? I am trying to do what GreatM does, with saving the target before attacking, in the meantime. A "save as target" button at the area after we've attacked would be much more convenient. :)

Aapje likes this.
  11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The developers are good with it, so we'll look to implement at a later (as of yet unknown) date. :)

George Burd and Chasity like this.
  12. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Awesomeness! Thank you for your efforts Mi7ch!

George Burd likes this.
  13. George Burd

yea def stance is completely pointless now I asked along time ao in vc when this all started to just have al my skills back from def or def mode to change. def and att skill perks should be nothin but mirror images of one another at all times with the new arena

14. George Burd

I fought this battle Jon and feel for you but it does no good, adapt or quit only options

15. Jon Ward

Shouldn't have to adapt. No one likes the new arena unless your a leveler. And once players see for themselves like i did seeing you can make it all the way down to sudden death in those spots and not get it because someone else has more points then you do will bring less and less numbers. Arena everytime it has been tweaked numbers have dropped. More and more numbers will drop until its only 400 or less. It barely draws 800 or less now.

16. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Good maybe it will disappear one day :p and take the raids with it. :cool:

kevinmalo and Jon Ward like this.
  17. ben

ben Active Member

i have to agree jon i see ba coming to its end ... for what kano has done to the deff builders in after building it for years for ba is nothing but wrong ;)

kevinmalo and George Burd like this.
  18. George Burd

lol if BA were to get that little of a draw do you doubt the next tweak would be a automatic enrollment? The changes to arena are here to stay, you should be glad Kirsten is being so nice(she must like you Jon) I was not as well received when I complained in vc during the new arenas creation

19. Jon, you are missing the real point of the changes to arena. Adding the brawl phase gets people to use more stamina in the arena, which means that someone obsessed with winning will buy lots of stamina refills in order to have the highest point total, and that means Kano sells more favor points. The last arena winner on FB used 139,323 stamina -- even assuming they have max stamina of 7,500 or higher, that represents at least 17 stamina refills bought at 10 DJ's each. For what it's worth, that's also why Kano has lowered the minimum level to enter to 250 -- more cannon fodder = more stamina used to kill other players.

Virtually all the changes made to the game in the past year or so seem to have been made with increasing monetization of the game. Raidville is just the most obvious cash grab given that you can advance as rapidly as you like as long as you're willing to buy the stam & energy refills.

You do realize that someone who spends a several hundred or a few thousand bucks to pick up a couple of thousand levels in Raidville doesn't care one bit whether a player 5,000 levels lower can beat them in PvP, right? Who cares about grinding out a few levels a day in PvP when you can do that in five minutes in Raidville?

George Burd likes this.
  20. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Oh they care alright. No one likes losing constantly. Just that most of these wallets thought that they were getting stronger as they blew through levels eating Raid Bosses.

Kirsten likes this.