[ZS] battle arena health bounties

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by slave, Jan 20, 2013.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I like that idea LOL

2. So what

So what Member

best idear of the game ....last arena i saw a 34 k reward with 40 kills gimme a break .after 2 hrs and he only had 1151 attacks .he was so easy to rip a hole in ..think some very cleaver ppl have found a new loop hole in the game
    shame they just cant ..INVEST as much time in playing

gave this a ONE ....AS THERES ENOUGH targets on high health .....i just love watching them lose heaps .....

3. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

You want to make arena a cakewalk? I'd say roughly 60 of my kills if not more were from inactives. There already is an incentive to kill them, no reason to make the game even easier.

4. im the beast

im the beast Member

how about a half stam refill for 5un's,,,, and maybe everyone gets the same avatar. i dont think we need more coding in the ba as we have already dealt with enough bs when it comes to glitches and so on...its plan and simple if u want to play/win u have to put the time in and a decent strategy...

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

There has a loop hole from day 1. Kano said that the arena was set up to reward/favor balanced builds. This is true to some extent because if u are extremely attack or defense heavy....there is a steep price to pay. You have most likely noticed that most of the inactive players that do well in the arena have a substantial amount of health and a horribly low kill reward, this makes them a very unattractive target as the return on ones stamina investment is abysmal or non existent....is there any wonder they do well..? Nobody wants to waste their time or stamina on them especially knowing full well that a sniper might get it on top of all that. What Kano has done is anything from balanced and it actually promotes inactivity in the one aspect of the games that is suppose to be balls out. These accounts are lacking in Def. and Att. but high in health, you know the type....the ones that have built their accounts that way because they dont like to battle...they just want to do challenges, adventures and underwater basket weaving. A little odd that accounts like that would have such an edge in the "BATTLE ARENA". I pointed this out long ago numerous times....Kanos reaction? NADA!

6. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

They may have an edge for placing but that's about it. What else are they gonna do? Take away my placement reward and I still made out better than most accounts on arena active or not.
    Your Details (Last Battle Arena)
    Your Rank is 13!
    During the Battle Arena you gained 11,745,001 XP!

Placing isn't everything.

7. polishpimp

Placing isnt everything? I guess that depends on who u ask. Im just guessing but im pretty sure the highly inactive players out there would disagree, I cant imagine its the XP/levels their going for. In fact....I would disagree as well....leveling , placing and/or winning is everything...how could it not be? Who in their right mind is going to be like....oh no, dont give me them rewards for placing....i was just here for the XP....lol. Your missing the whole point, it doesnt matter why u enter the arena....whether u want to level, win or both, it takes an active player. Their edge may just be for "placing".....but thats a pretty big edge over the active players that would rather place higher is it not?

8. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

If someone wants to be a shitty target in order to place high let them, but it they want to use the arena to its full potential it's not gonna work out well for them. Of course there's a risk by doing work, and that's why we have snipers. Sometimes doing nothing is just as good of a strategy as sniping if you want to place.

9. polishpimp

Thats the thing....they arent a crappy target by choice...thats just the way it worked out because of Kanos flawed system. They should not have any type of edge....especially if its because they happen to have extra crappy numbers....lol. I dont know about you.....but if im in there working my ass off for hours for some levels and a shot at a few extra FP as well as contributing to the game as a whole...Im not gonna be as happy as i could have been if a bunch of dingleberries who have 101 attacks(or even zero) and no kills place well ahead of me scoring extra FP because of a loophole while doing and contributing nothing. I totally get that doing next to nothing can be a strategy, as is sniping or going balls out....the diff is that sniping and going balls out have risk involved and they have to actually play, the loopholers dont have to do anything but enter and collect their winnings. I see many of the same players doing well week after week without ever doing anything......u see nothing wrong with that ? Like I said in the beginning.....Kano said they wanted to reward balanced builds, perks were suppose to actually help that, but in the case of these extreme lopsided accounts its actually having the opposite effect. Im not blaming or trying to dis the players with these accounts....hell, if my account was that crappy and I could do nothing and fare well anyways...Ide be all over it. Its Kanos fault and in my opinion it shoud be addressed.

10. slave

slave Member

yeah i proposed that scenario already about the inactives

my proposal on that (which was fairly well ignored...)
    is after a certain time period inactive accounts go viral, say after 6 hours
    thier reward doubles, thier health halves, and it does that each hour after six hours
    so if they initially were 100 mill reward with 100 million health
    after 6 hours they become 200 million reward with 50 million health
    after 7 hours 400 million reward with 25 million health
    they really shouldnt still be there after the seventh hour....

both of my ideas are designed to stimulate ACTIVITY
    i dont care what your playing for, the battle arena is stagnant
    for the first 15 hours we do nothing but take out inactive accounts and rarely do i find or attack an active player
    what my proprosal was about making the players do well is about is - dammit someone attack me so i can use defensive...
    and maybe just maybe someone will get one of those playerson the ropes early (like me for example) and make me work for it, cuz right now arena is just hours of mindless clicking until you get down tothe top 15 and then we all sit there like a bunch of monkeys, we need to get activity into arena, some bonus for attacking, something
    you want to know why the same peopel are always around at the end is because they put the time in at the beginning
    if you really think your goiing to do well starting 4-5-6 hours late i got news for ya.....

11. polishpimp

I agree that something needs to be done and something along the lines of what u suggested may be the answer. When the arenas first started there was an outcry from players that claimed the start time was unfair due to timezone diffs. Since then multiple start times have been added. I think its safe to say that the implementation of these diff start times have had no real significant impact on the amount of active players on average.

The arena is suppose to be a balls out battle until the end between players without all the limits and restriction that are in place in the regular game. A place where all comers/level can test their metal against one another. I have a hard time believing that Kano envisioned whats actually happening now. Personally.....I wouldnt mind it a bit if Kano penalized the inactives to an extent that resulted in far less participation numbers, at least then it would be as intended and it will be players actively playing and being rewarded for actually doing so. Players disagree about whats more important as far as leveling or winning but undoubtedly everyone would like to win. Winning or least placing well while being an active participant takes a lot of time and resources. The rewards should reflect this. Because of the seemingly endless amount of inactive players the rewards usually fall far short of what is expended to perform well while being active yet inactives can and have fare even better than active players for doing nothing but clicking "enter the arena"....that makes zero sense to me. If a system that penalized the inactive players was implemented in order to alleviate some of the expenditure of resources by active players...then perhaps the arena will be as intended and actually reward the players making the arena and Kano happen.