[ZS] battle arena health bounties

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by slave, Jan 20, 2013.

1. slave

slave Member

i know i said i wouldnt propose any more ideas....

but here goes
    people are tired of the same people winning arena blah blah blah
    so why not increast their reward every time they finish in the top 20, say 20 million each time they finish in the top 20 and 50 million if they win

that way someone who consistently finishes in the top 20 is worth way more than others and would be a much higher profile than someone else, same with someone who wins, if they have won say 4 times, their reward bounty increases 200 million in addition to their 20 million for each time in top 20, would make things quite a bit different in the early going for these people, there should be tons of golddiggers all trying....

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I know the logic behind this,but this isn't really the way to go about it.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  3. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I actually really like this. Granted my insanely low kill reward is my edge in the final rounds. For one, it would solve the problem of people automatically knowing who you are based on kill reward in the other apps. For all apps it would encourage people to go after someone like slave, or luke, or dana, or maybe even me some day after about 10 arenas(that I actually get to play in) lol.

4. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

it sounds good in theory but i seriously doubt it would change a thing...you know what most people do when they see a huge reward? leave that person alone cause theyre way too high to beat and to the people that are high enough to go after them will go after them either way cause you dont want to leave competition in the arena if youre trying to win it...1 from me

5. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

True, but people check them all the time. If they start getting beaten down other drivers will join. I can't tell you how many times I saved my own ass by hitting someone down about 40 million health when they tried attacking me. They saw the other guy going down, spammed him, I took.

6. slave

slave Member

its a start in the right direction, if you make the bounty high enough they will come, everyone has a price and when the reward out wieighs the risk, the peopple will try for it,

much in the same regard as the lottery
    more people play when its a high pot.....

got any better suggestions?

im all ears

7. Demonik1

all ears huh? id like to see a pic of that ;p better suggestion? yeah, try a better strategy. the arena is all about strategy and more people could finish higher if they employed a good strategy

8. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I don't like this idea. I don't see why people should be given a better reward for killing me because i finish in the 20 and they can't.

9. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Chances are that if you're a top 20 finisher you're not gonna be taken out by a scrub. You're probably gonna be taken out by another top 20 finisher.

10. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

This is true, but still, the incentive is there. I know it is very doubtful that i will ever get a top 5 finish so why would i want a bigger target on my head for one of those guys to take me out sooner?

I think this would be pointless. It would just mean the last few finish with more health then normal.

11. Demonik1

idk, ive seen ALOT of inactives finish in the top 20, not all at once but still ive seen it in every arena....and i dont mean completely inactive but under 2k attacks and idk about you but to me that screams inactive for 98% of any arena

12. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

This arena there was a hardcore sniper who had less than 2k attacks and over 20 kills. Wouldn't really call that inactive.

13. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

sunnysideup
    Attacks 1,792
    Kills 30

14. Demonik1

and nobody killed him for it??? id kill that guy sooooo good haha but anyways you have to admit thats not the same scenario for everyone with so little attacks

15. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

For the individual who reported this thread because of a name being used. The name that is being used is an arena name which is not the actual name of the player. However if this individual that own's this name does not want it in there he would have to contact a developer to prove it's his name. Otherwise there is no violation in using this in threads. Just wanted to make it clear incase they come back and still see it here and if someone else comments on a name being used. Arena names are anonymous unless the player reveals themselves at the end of arena.

16. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

So your idea is to punish those that do well in the arena? Ide be ok with it on one condition....if your going to make it tougher for them.....then the reward they get if they happen to do well despite them being handicapped should be increased as well,

17. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

That wouldn't go down so well. Think of someone like me.
    Your Rank is 13!
    MarchOftheIdes
    Attacks 63,382
    Kills 77
    5 of those kill rewards weren't given to me, but imagine just 20 million more health per kill. That's 1.54 billion more health in my pocket. We should not get better rewards in the future for placing high, but I do think people should get a higher reward for going after the big bad wolf instead of the 3 inactive pigs in their straw house.

18. polishpimp

Heres an idea....how about raising the kill reward of all the inactives ....that might help insure they get what they deserve...nothing...lol

19. polishpimp

thats exactly the type of target i look for

20. polishpimp

Couldnt disagree more. The inactives are the one players SHOULD have an extra incentive to go after....their reward should be equal to their effort...ZIP ZERO ZILCH.

I wasnt really being serious with my previous comment. Punishing a player for doing well is just plain silly. But then again....its exactly how the regular game is set up, the better ya do...the more restricted ya get.