[PC] Battle Arena Format and Schedule Change Effective February 18

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Feb 6, 2015.

1. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

Ive already posted this in the Bugs/Issue thread - but its just as relevant here..

OK, so this applies directly to BA on PC on KONG. Players alive at the end of the arena were, 4th - we know he was alive, because he came here and posted that he couldnt find the other 8 people that were supposed to be alive in the BA with him - they were in 69th, 72nd, 77th, 82nd, 84th, 88th, 93rd and 94th. All showing as alive - all zero attacks, all inactive players in the BA. To add insult to injury over there there were 75 inactive players, who all got 2fps simply for signing up. They did nothing in the arena, but because of the total apathy towards it, they were rewarded. I played hard got 7th place and was rewarded with 5fps. Seems balanced. Whatever happened to the minimum 100 attacks? This place is turning into a S&M club - we pay to get abused.

So - 2 questions:

1) Whats going on with the fight list not displaying players that are still alive in the arena. We had to sit and wait probably 10hours for the arena to time out and an active player who finished 4th missed a really good opportunity to place higher. Not good enough.

2) What happened to the minimum requirements to be considered for rewards in the BA? If you are giving stuff away - send me some FPs.

George Burd likes this.
  2. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

& with all that said - I actually quite enjoyed the new format. But the 2fps for 75 players that did nothing more than register was a bit of a slap in the face and undermines the efforts for the rest of the people that actually bothered. Improve the prizes for the actives if your going to reward so handsomely total inactivity.

George Burd, Kirsten and Chasity like this.
  3. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I like the idea of having better prizes for those who place well in the Battle Arena! Please leave the prizes for placing on down the line the same, to give everybody incentive to sign up for the arena, so that we active participants have more victims on the board! ~buahaha ;)

George Burd likes this.
  4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

On FB no prize for being inactive, except the XP for signing up, and this was the first FB PC Arena where inactives did not place above the ranks of 50 and that is a good thing.

5. Mark Spicer

Mark Spicer Member

If the changes to the format were intended to increase participation, I don't think it's working... 4 days to go until the Arena on 1 April, and there is currently only 606 signed up. I think in the last of the old format Arena, there were 790 or so participants, give or take a few. I have not signed up for the next one, and I'm not sure if I will. Why is it always on a Wednesday now? I might be able to take part in it for about a half-hour before I have to leave for work. I could set an alarm to get me up early in the morning for the "sudden death" round, but is that always going to be necessary? Can Kano not find better times to start, or even a different day of the week? There are 6 other days to choose from...

6. thor persson

thor persson Member

Don't worry. They will ignore you and do what they want. They only listen to their handsomely paying players.

7. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i'm not so sure about that. i have always done fairly well (top 100 ranking) in the arenas. in this last one, i was able to get 13 kills (my most ever), so i'm looking forward to what may be my highest ranking ever, and i don't spend tons of money on the game.