[PC] Battle Arena Format and Schedule Change Effective February 18

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Difference between making money for your games and flushing them down the drain. Like i have said in the past you been a player of online games long enough with different companies playing their games you see patterns and you see how things work. And seeing what Kano is doing right now is the wrong way of going about it. Yes we all know they need to make money that isn't the issue. Making a game and improving on it for everyone and not just single groups or select individuals will make you more money in the long run. But companies have to learn from their mistakes. No one is saying they don't like Kano's games. They are not liking the choices they are making recently on improvements that they seem is benefiting the game.

Kirsten and kevinmalo like this.
  2. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

one star. that is a Terrible rating.

3. thor persson

thor persson Member

Fair enough!

4. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Active Member

Well ...well ... Kano has his own agenda and won't listen to players unless the changes they make won't work . It seems to me peoples still help them by spending alot on this events, so this change will happend even if we like it or not.
    This game should move forward with better improvements for all the players not just for a tiny som who wanna just spend and spend.
    But in the end Kano is a company and the things they bring up are made for us to push spending , is on every free game is free to play but not free if you want to get better.
    To bad ,this will make less and less peeps active but we wait and see . I don't wanna try the new arena not care what they do with it , with years they had less and less peeps sign up for it .
    Not to mention this will encourage alot of peeps to use scrips since is impossible to be 24/7 on to get the most hits .
    This will be fun to watch :rolleyes:

Jon Ward likes this.
  5. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

It's official hell has frozen over twice in two days i am agreement with Bittersweet. :eek:

BitterSweet, George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  6. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

hahahahahahaha:cool:

7. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Active Member

Hehehe Jon you need to put a end to this or Linda will get sick and we will miss her trolling around here:p

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I believe that's a trolling statement as well, same as mine.

9. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

where as my viking got nerfed this new arena will be a god send for my pirate, lets say I am a tad stamina heavy

10. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I read through the new rules for the BA, and there is no mention of defensive mode. Will we be able to enable a defensive mode in the new arena?

11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Yes Chasity, def mode is still available. Just remember if use partial def stance before sudden death the time will not reset.

Chasity likes this.
  12. Chasity

Haven't heard of "partial" defense (vs going into defensive mode). Are you saying that if one goes into defensive mode, where the time in it would take one into Sudden Death phase, that they would no longer be able to utilize the defensive mode later in the game?

13. George Burd

if you were to use 1/2 your def mode and come out fighting and die, when the sudden death begins you only have half left. also if you were to be killed in def mode then I believe all the time you had left will be what you have when sudden death begins

14. George Burd

def mode serves no purpose anymore as the winner is based on score, any time you are dead or in def mode is wastedtime you could be attacking and raising your score

Chasity likes this.
  15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Correct, one way around it is make sure use all def stance in fist 8 hrs with time left over for the rejuvination time on your character (So would have full perk).... Or you can manipulate it and jump in and out of defense to make it reset in 1st round (losing 5 mins every time do it)

16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Defense stance can still play a role, jump in and out as being attacked if only around for partial of the arena to let attackers bugger off and find different target.

Chasity and George Burd like this.
  17. George Burd

true but if your health and attack are both high you will be better off in arena, effectively anyone with a def build got screwed in this deal thats all I am gonna say on it because I went thru this months ago in vc, it was ignored then and will be again here

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Who care's here's my VC perk beat that, Defense Mode Time 14820 seconds 4 hrs and 7 mins.

19. George Burd

Defense Mode Time9836 seconds
    you got me on that, but I would have never put 1 skill in def if I had known this was gonna happen

thor persson likes this.
  20. Chasity

So defensive mode really comes into play during the Sudden Death phase of the game, when dead is dead. During the Brawling phase of the game it doesn't matter if one gets keelhauled, because he/she will come back to life, & this is the period of time during which scores can be most readily accumulated, right?. ;D

JADES likes this.