Battle Arena Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

2. Hank Kershell

Hank Kershell Member

I agree with everything my good bud just said

3. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

i like the idea of the arena battle . i agree that there needs to be some adjustments made , especially with the xp's .

i tried it out on FB and i noted one thing i'm sure kano must be aware of , the arena is a perfect environment for the multiple account players . i think the arena is perfect for kano to find and weed out the cheats . i hope they haven't forgotten their promise to delete the cheats .

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

It simply comes down to numbers and economics of it all, Im sure Kano wont fault that.

Both players have spent in excess of what we will earn regardless of 1st or 2nd place. The diff between 1st and 2nd is so little it really doent matter to either of us. Both players left have huge respect for one another and both of us would be just as happy regardless of finishing 1st or 2nd. As u well know we work as a team and we manage to get by in the game....apparently teamwork n strategy works in the arena as well

Basically due to the Health Ive accrued and how our stats match up if we went toe to toe I would inevitably be the winner but it would take some wheres between an additional 500 to 1000 stamina. If or when it comes down to a tie breaker I would imagine that it would be decided by either Health, wins or kills, in any event ...I would win. I could take that same 500-1000 stam and go level with her in-game and get nearly double the return in Xp for my stamina. So in the end it simply wouldnt make any sense what so ever to spend more for less when the result will inevitably be the same.

5. alka

alka Banned

6. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

i forgot to mention the shared accounts . lol . DELETE THE CHEATS

7. polishpimp

Oddly enough Gene....I couldnt agree more. I brought this up a while back as it does seem it would be a "perfect environment" for alts. Also due to the insane number of attacks needed I would also think it would be good environment for bots. I had 60 something thousand attacks in approx 16 hours and was amazed that I never had math equation pop up. Hopefully its something Kano plans on adding in the future once they get a few other things ironed out

8. polishpimp

Hmmmmmmm..... a wee bit bummed ya couldnt sit and bounty an unmanned account? How cowardly of you. You say Tag team....I say teamwork.....sorry if u havent yet figured out the concept or ya just hangn with those that dont help each other out. Have a nice day!

9. polishpimp

There is Definitely a random factor. At this point I have approx 62000 wins and 5500 losses. this may not sound like a big number of losses to you but consider this....In game I have the strongest attack, the only time I ever lose is when countered or every now n then i might lose 1 or 2 outta 20 when attacking the #1 player in levels (approx 1700 levels higher). When u consider that the vast majority of players I faced in the arena (easily 95 % or more) werent even half my level than 5500 losses is pretty considerable

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  10. alka

alka Banned

Unless you also have the strongest defence, I'd say losing 5k sucks and is definitely stacked in the higher players favour!!

11. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

I enjoyed my first run at the (FB) Battle Arena...LOL...had fun ..liked it..learned the most effective style of play for me...now...the question i have is this..after being killed off...I felt shut out of it completely ..theres nothing for us to go WATCH ..like a current leaderboard for those left fighting. all we can see is our own stats and the number of remaining fighters in the arena....with a blank leaderboard to the left....cant that be used like the leaderboard for the Guild Wars and Daily Gamer Points races ?? ....Im sure thats where the results will end up for that battle event anyways...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  12. polishpimp

Whos fault is it u were not there when u were killed? With the large number of players (vast majority) who actually were there yet chose not to attack.....how is someone to differentiate between someone who is or isnt there? What do u suggest Kano does for the players who dont show up on time....offer them some sort of protection? How would that be fair to those that were there on time ? Once again.....how would Kano know who wasnt there because of other obligations or simply because they hoped to fly under the radar?

I would suggest not using your in-game name or anything similar next time. Basically u were killed because i recognized your name as an in-game rival , part of my strategy was to eliminate as many rival as I could find as quickly as I could find them. My rivals tend to be of the more aggressive sort...the type who would go out and amass aton of health in the arena making my task much more difficult later down the line if not dealt with immediately. Simple strategy really, realistically you should be honored that you were considered a potential threat. It sucks that u didnt really get much of a chance to play....but maybe next time it will be diff. Due the randomness of the rival list there was many players I didnt see until nearly the end that I would have loved to kill earlier on.....just the luck of the draw I guess.

13. teamwork sounds good hehehe

14. polishpimp

Not sure I understand your point. I have a pretty stout defense but its certainly not the highest. In actual skill points allocated to Defense Im probably in the top 5 somewhere......but due to other categories more important to me my overall percentage of skill points allocated to Defense would probably be low in comparison to other builds regardless of level

15. polishpimp

LMAO.....are u playing on FB now Dutch? Because u cant possibly be talking about MS. For starters the #1 player was ousted almost immediately by yours truly. I dont care if u have 500 stamina or 5000 stamina.....your gonna be refilling alot if your gonna win. You and everyone else has the same opportunity to either earn and save or buy FP/UN for refills, because u did not or could not is completely irrelevant....that was your choice or circumstances. Some people choose to spend money on this game....some people choose to eat out 3 times a week ....others blow wads of cash on 22 inch rims for their car, None of it matters.... it all personal choice and no one is better or lesser because of it. The simple fact of the matter is that if it wasnt for players who play to pay....you wouldnt have this game to play nor these forums to come to complain about those who spend money on the game. You can blame your ealy departure on what ever the hell u want....but I assure u that Strategy abounds .

Your last comment is a joke and Im surprised u made it not having a clue as to how much stam we used or XP received. I assure u that we spent far more stamina than we will receive in rewards. The XP was absolutely lousy and the only reason we havent finished the arena is because were getting far better XP fighting each other outside the arena.

16. polishpimp

The increased battle XP sounds great. It didnt seem low ...it was dreadfully low. I understand what your saying about not being limited by battle lists but for the amount of stamina being spent the Xp should almost be more than normal not less. In fact I believe it was Kendal who said that it would be. At the very least I think it should be the same as it was in the game. The end rewards dont even come close to compensating for the stamina wasted on the low XP, my guess would be that proactive players in the arena will be scarce until return on ones investment increases big time.

The decreased base health will help with the stamina usage so thats cool, but once again whats "unattractive" is the lousy XP. Honestly....the only reason I played was because it was new and I wanted to check it out, I really dont see playing again as the XP is worse than normal and the rewards dont match the expense, they only way the rewards would compensate is if players battled very little, basically hiding as much as they can...which is what I thought u were trying to get them not to do as much of.

The XP incentive for joining is cool (u can never go wrong with free stuff) and will help with the lack luster battle XP , but some reason I get the feeling it will fall far short of fully compensating. What I see happening is more joining for the free XP and then just not participating very much like it was this time. Basically it will just be more players to kill and stamina to waste by the very few pro-active players then there was this time. Im telling ya....the only way to get players playing is to give em better then what they already got.....anything less is going to fail. Once a few others get a chance to win and see that the reward doesnt warrant the expense....your gonna be left with an arena full of players doing basically nothing , the eventual winner that u will have to select because most will still be alive will have only a handful of kills.

Not sure how I feel about a feed....I totally agree that it will change things big time. Hopefully it will be limited to just imfo on other battles and its participants and not allow for players to post because we all know how that will turn out. Just an information feed in conjunction with the "search" option could be a big help and a lot of fun. Hopefully it will show all battles and participants and not omit half the stuff like our regular feeds do.

The refresh does need some work, for what ever reason some inactive players were not coming up for anyone. With the last 150 or so players we were trying to kill off they ones that were the most inactive (basically impossible because most hadnt swung their ax even once). I refreshed a thousand times as the player count lessened in hopes I would have seen everyone, but as we got down to last couple dozen we were finally finding players we had never seen. Considering we had a group of players in constant contact.....it seems odd that none of us had ever came across certain players, what r the odds of that? Not only hadnt they swung their ax......they had only been hit a couple times. Its as if they were stuck on their original rival page and never showed up for anyone who refreshed until the very end. It really sucked because I would have loved to kill the no shows earlier on and allowed a few others that at least tried move up the ranks a little further.

I think the Defensive stance thing is kinda goofy, all it did for me was annoy me. If I came across someone in defensive stance .....I just saved em and killed them as soon as their time ran out, kinda like shooting fish in a barrel....lol. Some type of escape feature might be cool, depending on your defense numbers ....maybe allot a certain number of "escapes" that one could use that would free someone from being attacked and send them off the attackers page only to be found at random again. Not sure how that would work with the search feature though. Just a thought.

Hope u dont think Im being overly critical, I actually really like the feature and just wanna help if I can. At this point I just dont see it being worth the time and expense. TY

17. clubber

clubber Member

So we all know who is going to win, don't we? Oh boy...

18. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I think you have to try an arena variant that will allow players to pick their start time on Day 1. In both FB and MS, the field has narrowed down to 2 or 3 with a full day to go, in semi-stale mates / prisoners dilemmas. In PC, the arena lasted hours, not days. In all Arena's I participated in, many were dead before they even got a chance to make an attack. Not cool. If you added a start choice time on Day 1, possibly there might be some that get right in there, some that wait it out, for tactical reasons, with advantages/disadvantages abounding, and of course some that simply enter when they have the time, with no "game theoretic" choices to make i.e. get some battles in, have some fun, get some XP, and see what they missed "live", possibly growing the feature more widely. I doubt its a good end user experience to login, and see yourself dead without having had a chance to play.

You might want to consider an XP reward for a kill. That might add a twist to the arena so its not just the end ranking rewards driving the competition, but the in arena rewards. This may force the otherwise sidelined battlefield competitors "out of the arena" into the arena to keep up with their rivals in the regular game.

Combined with a flexible start time on day 1, this might make things quite interesting.

The "in arena" help is a must have for players, late to the party or wanting to look up what are the "rules" of the feature, or see the prizes again. That absence, deserves a "smack."

On that help itself, the lack of plain language writing is evident. Um, do you have someone who has not played these games around? If so, ask them to read it and then tell you back, what the heck you are saying!!!! I could read the thing a 5th time and still not "get" it.

A bit more emphasis upfront on not being able to change your name would be helpful. "Are you sure? You will not be able to change this name." I heard from lots of folks they made that mistake. Will those new to the arena next time make the utterances? Your choice.

Thanks for the arena :)

19. polishpimp

Great feedback Kel.

Not sure how i feel about delayed start times, On one hand I can see it helping those that legitimately show up late and actually want to play....but I also think most will just purposely wait in an effort to move up the rankings without actually doing anything. sure the ones that wait wont be doing any killing and getting more health....but most werent doing that anyway.

I like the XP for kills idea, the Xp is so bad any we can get anywhere would help. Possibly award XP for obtaining diff attack amount achievements as well, say 5oo, 1000, 1500 etc etc .

I also like the change name option and the need for clearer language. Even here in the forums at times the devs speak as if everyone knows all the technical terminology only a seasoned player or a dev would know

20. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

My feeling is if you don't show up at all,you do not get any rewards or any ranking in the winners circle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.