Battle Arena Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric

Eric Administrator

Some adjustments that will be added for the next battle arena:

-increased per battle xp (note that currently the per battle xp may seem low sometimes but you are in a battle environment not limited by battle lists or health like regular gameplay, which can result in greater overall xp and level ups)
    -decreased base health at arena start (what's happening here is too many people are able to hide out with 500mil+ health making them unattractive to fight, if the start health was lower you'd be more attractive for a kill aswell you'll be incentivised to go out and get kills to up your health.
    -limited global feed (seeing what is happening outside of your battles could change the dynamic of the arena, lets hear your thoughts around this)
    -xp bonus to signup for the arena
    -timer and refresh bug fixes

2. alka

alka Banned

Ljnda, how many fights has these players had? How many kills do they have?
    As I've already pointed out, it's easy for players to hang in there if they still have high health.

3. alka

alka Banned

This will screw the game up for the lower level players, or guys who are maybe an hour late getting to the game.
    How can a player with low stamina go out all guns blazing to risk losing all within minutes of the start with low health?
    There would be no room for tactics and the guys with the massive stam will wipe the board clean in no time

A solution is needed, but not the one you suggest,

4. Shadowmaster

Shadowmaster Member

I love you guys but I don't think reducing the health is a good option at all. 9 of my guild members were not able to even play because they were offline at the start time. I was able to stay alive for 8 hours while being offline. I then got involved and was (properly) put at a disadvantage because the fellows who were there had stocked up loads of health from all their kills. That is the payoff for being in the arena and fighting. It's fair the way it is. You shouldn't decrease the health just because some people have bad tactics and knock themselves out before the offline players, it would make a lot of people mad.

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

each kill gives you health, and No between working my job and playing my game I am not sure how many kills people have , I cannot see that , I am not even in this arena too low a level to even join, but I do know now there are 39 players left and my friend is still one of them, and I know my first mate in PC was # 8 in the PC arena and he was able to stay because of his kills , he lasted almost to the end

6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I do not think decreasing the health base is a good idea, up front, would have to talk to some people and get their reactions, what may be happening is people are waiting to play or not even playing yet for a number of reasons, coming in later and having their full health while others have played for a while and are low, so decreasing health does not sound like a fair thing to do, and I am not a health monster by any means.

7. indeed lowering the health will not help..but to even things up..this is just s suggestion I dont know about everyone else but a lot of the time i was wiping 300mil+ health off someone only to be beaten to the last hit..how about a percentage health bonus for attack damage done..example..say i wiped out 70% of the health but didnt get final kill..I would get a health bonus back..not as much as the final kill bonus but it would defo get people attacking others even if they had high health?

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

hmmm I kinda like that idea :)

9. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

@ Eric. Why does it say there is still 3 of us in the arena when there is only 2 of us?

10. alka

alka Banned

Sorry to keep flogging a dead horse, but yer just not getting the point here.
    In PC, 7 of the players between 10 and 20 didn't even fight.

The top 5's attacks were
    Attacks 28,558
    Attacks 76,347
    Attacks 38,313
    Attacks 44,459
    Attacks 23,461.
    If there's a low level player among those 5 then he's spent big time and lost his deposit.
    I'm not complaining about where I finish, but as has been pointed out to you by many, the top players will benefit from future games once the inactive guys are sorted out because of the stamina in-balance.

11. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Did ya count yerself?

Running ........... :cool:

Meantime, over in FB in the last 14, the winner has to kill off the rest of the starting 19Trillion of health to win ... I did a rough math on killing off 1967 opponents ... sigh ... need about a week ... On the plus side the XP seems higher today than yesterday so .... slurp slurp ... Up, up and away!

12. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

yes and I agree they should not have placed or gotten a reward, I did not say my low level friends made it to the top five but they made it thru to the last couple of hours and then my stronger friends ( well almost all of them are crew and friends, except for one) took some of the top spots, my first mate made #8 and he is not a real high level (,high enough, but strong and smart) but not like the other top winners and he lasted cause he thought things out, where I had not and was dead in less than 4 hours and placed 467 lol

13. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

14. alka

alka Banned

BATTLE IN PROGRESS
    Time Remaining:
    1:21:08:09
    Players Remaining:

that's what mines showing..lol

15. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

that happened last week in the pc one and then it was fixed ( showing a different number than it actually was)

16. nooo I believe Pimp is on Myspace Alka is looking at FB.

17. alka

alka Banned

Ah, my mistake.
    Is Pimp not multi tasking..lol

18. polishpimp

Lets try this again. Lots of Stamina is both an advantage and a disadvantage.

1. REGARDLESS of level, If u have a large percentage of your skill points allocated to stamina you are a distinct disadvantage in the perks dept. which is directly involved in figuring the outcome of a battle . High level players tend to have a larger percentage of stamina, this being the case high levels of stamina amongst the higher levels is actually giving lower levels with a more balanced build a slight edge they otherwise wouldnt have.

2. REGARDLESS of level having a large amount of stamina only advantage is that u will have to "refill" less often. This advantage is no diff than it is in any other aspect of the game. the more u do the more stamina u will need. How u acquire the stamina is irrelevant in regards to how u might fare in the arena. Everybody has the same opportunity to acquire stamina. If u CHOOSE not to save up or purchase FP/UN for refills that is on u and it does not make it unfair that somebody else chose to do it.

I assure u that regardless of how much stamina u have.....if u want any real chance to win the arena...you will have to refill several times. Yes, there are many who have fared very well using zero stamina but the reason for this is that they r a zero threat to those actually being proactive in the arena. The players out there mixing it up kill off those actually playing because they r a threat because they have the ability to amass large health. What is left is a few proactive players and a large amount of free riders who were just lucky they flew under the radar. In my case....if u had some offensive or tough sounding name yet weren't battling....u were most likely not one of the lucky ones. If u are one of the lucky ones who flew under the radar and ranked well while spending zero stamina...CONGRATS on being lucky.

My guess at this point is the arena will fail because the rewards are absolutely horrible. The Xp is half what u will find in game and the end rewards r pathetic. 25 FP for fist place is a mere fraction of what u will spend to win, 1 level worth of XP is joke when u consider u can get way more than that by clicking on a calender once a day for 25 days, the money look nice....but once u realize u can make more using less FP/UN and time playing the lottery it just doesnt cut the mustard.

Between all the players entering who do absolutely nothing and the insanely high price it takes for there to be only one left standing I think it will be a very short time before the Arena will just simply time out leaving Kano to somehow determine a winner among whos left. In essence it will eventually become a giant raffle, your entry will be your ticket, kills will be additional tickets and Kano will draw a winner at the end of 3 days.

To make it work the rewards have to be much bigger, they need to warrant the time and expense. There also needs to be incentive or penalties for idle players, It may very well be sound strategy to keep your head down and avoid the heavyweights....but doing nothing will eventually kill the arena or at the very least turn it into a giant raffle

19. polishpimp

LOL.....Yes I counted myself. XP increase eh? That must be nice. The XP is so bad in MS that the other player left and I figure we will actually save money by not killing each other off and letting Kano pick the winner. My best guess would be that it would be me but if not.....the win couldnt go a more deserving player. Congrats to "The Queen of Hearts" ;) Then again I guess Kano could award the win to the mysterious invisible 3rd player left....lol

Attacks 61,933
    Kills 155
    Wins 58,778
    Losses 5,445
    Biggest Attack 3,923,496 damage

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  20. The Protector

The Protector Banned

At least in the PC arena on myspace,the remaining armada members fought it out.Personally gotta disagree with what's going on here,pimp,but hey,well done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.