Battle Arena Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bianka Glaser

Bianka Glaser New Member

Call me naive if you will but, is there a way to stagger starting times? Arena opens in the middle of my night when I'm fast asleep. Don't get a single punch in by the time it's awake time .... all this build up and excitement turns out to be one big fizzer ....

2. Danelle McDermott

Danelle McDermott New Member

Well, tried it, kind of didn't get it, and now I am dead. Couldn't find the help or directions while in battle. Wasn't on the screen. Didn't understand what I was supposed to be doing. So, I whacked away at the ones I could win against, and eventually killed myself since there was no way to take anyone out with higher health than me.

Meh. It was ok. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Ive learned so much more this time around I literally feel like my head might explode. Im not even gonna try and touch on everything in one post but rather I will make numerous smaller posts as I recover from the marathon AKA "the battle arena".

This is really a great concept.....but its got a LOT of things that need to be addressed and worked out. Im still in....but to be honest I would almost rather not be. Im seriously considering just letting it time its self out. my reasoning's for this are plentiful but im not about to go into all of them right now (but i assure u in time i will....lol). I will note just a couple....

1. The XP absolutely sucks. Kano bold face lied and not only isnt it better than u get in the regular game....ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE to what u get in the regular game.

2. The players absolutely suck and are totally unrealistic in their expectations.

A. When u were thinking about signing up for the arena did u note the countdown timer that allowed you to know when the arena was going to start? This was your clue as to when it would start and whether or not u could be there.

B. Do u really think Kano is going to specifically create a special start time just for you? Wouldnt it be nice if the whole world would just sit n spin while they wait on you? Exactly how many time zones are there? So u work eh? well so does the guy in Cambodia...how about him? Oh no....She doesnt have to work and I do...WELL BOO HOO! Its a game....either ur there when it starts or your not...ITS UP TO U! Its unfair....its a lil ole thing I like to call LIFE... I highly recommend u get used to it.

This is all new to all of us.....strategy abounds but it takes commitment, if u think your just gonna waltz in and take over all on your own with no plan or research ....then I gotta wonder how u even found this page. Do your homework and get in there and takes your licks and learn from them.

I have a gazillion more things to say on the subject of the arena .....but for now Im gonna go back in and kick some ass rather than just sign up and hope i place well without taking a swing of my ax or cry because i made the choice to sign up knowing damn well i couldnt be there and wonder why my sitting duck account got killed. GROW UP N GROW A PAIR!

4. Eric

Eric Administrator

Thanks everyone for contributing to the discussion, all battle arena feedback suggestions and ideas are welcome. There has been alot of talk about start times, until we work out all the issues and this feature is completely stable we will not be having arenas run over the weekend or starting late night PST. That being said, looking at our current issue list we are not that far off.

Recent issues we've noticed that have been added to the issue list include refresh button and timer glitches.

Some responses to recent discussions:
    -going in guns blazing is going to get you on alot of peoples radar and eventually killed, try to strategize who you're going to continue to attack, when to attack (to maximize possiblity of a kill), who you should save to your target list and when you should go into defensive mode.
    -collaborate with friends using the in game group chat or other means to strategize attacks
    -help links are located in the lobby view when joining and in your profile popup. We'll try to make the links more prominent on the game page.
    -battle arena discussions on the kano/forums can be a good resource for tips and tricks about the feature.

5. Lawskar

Lawskar Member

Ok so if you were lucky enough to get a few kills in early on, the arena starts to settle and becomes less of a fish frenzy. 12 odd hours in and I am still really enjoying the format. There are several things to like about this newly conceived product.

The fight physics work much better than in other VC modes. You do actually have a chance of victory against the established high flying stall-whats of the game.

The battle drops are in play and the xp values akin to those found in the war game scenario are bordering satisfactory. I can see why the devs were raving about the construct. Just one nagging thought though. Why when some 15,000 players generally partake in the world boss battles did so few sign up for the impending sole survivor launch???

I am in favor of any idea which entices c.c purchasing. It simply provides a foundation to foster enhanced in game play. New players are much more inclined to keep logging on where the features available are wide and varied. It helps to proliferate player participation.

This could be one reason why there was an initial reticence of some to sign up... Simply the more spending power you possess, the greater your chances of staying alive. This in turn raises the issue of disparity. As a lower your stamina levels will be less and and will have to pay a great deal more to achieve the same number of attacks as a 'Top Gun'. I would suggest that rather than buy stamina, purchase tokens instead.

Set a timer which allows you to gain a single token every five minutes free of charge. Up the xp gains, lower the health bars and if you wish to spend then purchase say 10 tokens per time. It's the same for everyone and a much fairer model. This may encourage additional participation.

Secondly, Give every user something for nothing. Give away a kano reward just for signing up.

Lastly, even if I won the event I would feel underwhelmed. Great I've spent I don't know how much just to get 25fps, shift up a level and a few trill in the bank. Sex it up guys. You've been whacking away for three days and deserve better in my opinion. I'd also go as far as to include trophy icons on your profile to commemorate the event and your hard earned efforts to get noticed.. Just a few thoughts!

6. alka

alka Banned

Facebook Level: 1895

lol. I guess you are one of the few on my FL.
    Should be ok at the moment as I am still in BA, but should be back soon.. :D

7. polishpimp

@ Eric, ty 4 the post.....nice to see ur burning the midnight oil during the early stages of what potentially could be a huge asset for Kano games. As thorough as u guys are....Im sure u witnessed most everything I did during that marathon. Its def a kick in the pants and has huge potential....but in its current form it also has glaringly obvious issues. I look forward to the on going discussions and the "tweaks" u guys have in store for us. Ty 4 keeping the games moving forward.

8. polishpimp

Welcome to the forums. You appear to have a good grasp on things already. I enjoyed your post and believe there is much to be learned by many within. With that in mind.....I think that us players ourselves are the ones that need to take a more realistic approach and adapt to the game rather than the game adapting to us. The arena oozes strategy if one actually wants to take the time and think/utiliize it. Im almost tempted to start over for the third time just to prove a low rated player could win while being proactive and not just sitting on there ax hoping to eke through..

9. alka

alka Banned

LMAO. It was sooo funny to watch sss take me from 1.4 million health to almost zero only to see her lose out to mildone.. Serve her right hahaha..
    p.s I had Defence Stance on to waste yer stam from 500k onward..

Great game
    Your Rank is 355! Happy with the result

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  10. alka

alka Banned

It would be good to see a list of who attacked and how many attacks they served.. Something for the future,maybe?

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Once it is over there will be a feed to show who did what to you. well at least in PC it did and still does

12. Bianka Glaser

Bianka Glaser New Member

Hmm, I saw this as a forum to leave feedback, clearly I was wrong. Your antagonistic outburst is uncalled for.
    I play many different games and know it is possible to create an even playing-field for all. Last time I looked, no one said "sorry, we can't accept your monetary contribution due to the continent you live in but we won't mention what features are or are not available to you".

Regardless of timer, I gave the arena a try and left my feedback as was encouraged to do. Little did I know nor expect this to be a forum to be ridiculed for ones observations nor for it to be tolerated.

Thank you for your hard work, patience and constructive reply. I appreciate how much work goes into this.
    You guys are doing a fantastic job :)

13. Lawskar

Lawskar Member

Thanks polish, one does try! As I attempted to suggest a while back, some of the glaring imbalances of the WG scenario will inevitably remain.. I was not disappointed either.

We can all strategize, trawl the lists looking for a quick kill, or has as been previously suggested, club together and knock out the race leaders. That is a possibility.. However, sorry devs, but I envisage the opposite.

I think what will happen is that many of the notables will club together, lay waste to the rest of the field and slug it out amongst themselves in the final stretch. Why not?? That's what I would do if I had thousands and thousands of stamina to burn for 10 favors. I'd be looking for others of my ilk for best results (many cooks-light work and all that) . It's hard work even taking out a minnow by yourself over and over again.

It wouldn't surprise me if the top guys hadn't already made up a site link and my 'Nickname' is on it lol..

You can strategize all you like but facts are facts.. More health, more damage, more stamina= better success rate. That's why I feel the token idea would be a great leveler.

14. I liked it got a few kills in..didnt last too long when 1 of the big players found me..1100 I finished..Defo gonna build skill points up now tho and put them where they need to be..got some idea's for the next one too..see if I can last a bit longer. Great fun..BUT THE XP SUCKS and really really needs to be addressed if im wasting 1000's of stam I think I should defo get the xp it deserves...right now its only a lil more than you get from attacking valhalla's..Just not good enough.

15. alka

alka Banned

Prior to being knocked out I noticed that 18 hours into the game a stack of accounts with less than 20 fights to their name, but with high Health , making them less attractive to attack and waste stam on.
    It doesn't seem right that some of us put many many hours into the game, not to mention those that spent $$, and finished behind guys who didn't even take part but signed up!
    I finished higher in PC than in VC, only in PC, I didn't even fight!!

16. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I totally agree , I believe it is going to be addressed

17. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Yes, yes and yes :)

18. Dutchman

Dutchman Member

Wendex, you are absolutely correct. Linda, your reply is total nonsense. If we look who is still alive, it is number 1,2 & 3 in ranking, because they can spend 63000+ stamina. Us lower levels do not have this kind of stamina, and FP's for refills saved up. Strategy is just a small part of getting in the top 100. Stamina and a lot of FP's for refill can get you far.....Buying FP's will benefit KANO, so it is based on you spending money to stay in the race. I understand KANO must pay their employees, but unless you have 1) a lot of stamina. 2) a lot of FP's for refills or 3) money to buy refills, this game is for the top players giving them more xp to level, more FP's to use for refills.

19. Dutchman

Dutchman Member

Other thing is that there are a lot of servers that have all different players. Many of my guild players were not on my battle list. If you have the 1 & 2 or 3 ranked player on your server you are roast, and dead in no time. You might have 20 to choose from to attack/battle, which is too small of a selection.

20. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

""

well then how do you explain a clan of mine, who has no money to spend , for stamina refills and is still playing right now and in PC many lower level players made it to the last hours and I know they did not spend money for refills ,

and as a foot note BTW he is still in and 157 players left and he used a boost and some videos to get 10 fp to buy a refill an short while ago, so there you go ,

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.