Battle Arena Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIG HEMIG

BIG HEMIG New Member

thats messed up lol i didn't even get a chance then

2. Kano are looking to improve the Battle Arena and I'm sure they will consider thing's like that, when they make some required changes, and changes based on player feedback :)

3. BIG HEMIG

BIG HEMIG New Member

hopefully lol

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

If I did not mention the defense button is alittle unclear , some thought they were in it some were in it by accident, it says ON even when you are not in it, so some clarity for that button would be helpful and can you unclick it if you want or do you have to wait a certain amount of time for it to end, and how many times can it be used ?

5. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

it's on a timer i used it by mistake the first time so it was on only a few min.. when i turned it off i had a 34min timer before it was available again..since i don't have much stam. i att my stam away then set timer so i'm on my 2 real one. this time i had to wait i think 43 mins.. but the real kicker in myspace anyway is ppl are not even attacking or they are not online so noone is attacking them due to high health. i have like 15ppl on my page of battles that don't even have 1 hit in

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

7. I was just attacking as fast as I could, I was looking to win xp as much as I could and I moved up like 30 levels with one refill and daily boost.

Clearly the biggest complain is not being able to see who attacked and/or killed you. Maybe that could be address for the next time.

8. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Okay some of the concerns i am hearing so far.

1. Lag time which i believe settled itself since you were working on the servers and it did seem to improve as the game went into it.

2. Some players would like to see the attack box below all the fighters closer to the top of the fight page so you can see when your being hit by other players. Since when your attacking others the box is way below the screen.

3. The summary list should remain in the game on the players who attacked you and killed you so you can see for yourself who got the final kill. I can agree to this. Because i was killed off and the page refreshed went back in and didnt even get to see who killed me off.

4. Defensive mode- When the arena starts all players should be in defensive mode until they hit the attack button no longer then 5 to 10 mins when arena starts up. And then they are out of the defensive mode until they click the defense button itself.

5. The defense button needs to have below it once used you will have an hour before used again. Many players did not know that if used and then taken off you had to wait for an hour before it could be used again. And some ran out of stamina.

6. Stamina running out to fast for players. Maybe the possibility of a free stamina pack or a boost pack added into the arena for one time deal. When every arena starts. Many players had to sit and literally die off because they ran out of stamina. Or possibly half price stamina were in regular game play it costs 10 favor points in arena it would cost 5 favor points to purchase one.

7. A leadboard just in levels showing the final players who were able to survive. Levels only not names.

8. Acheivements. Which i figure that might be added later by you guys. since this was a test run.

More to come from players as they respond and finish there arena. This is the feedback from ones who do not use the forums.

9. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Dead, lasted longer than i thought considering my total lack of Defense and my aggressive approach.

It was fun because it was new and different, liked the challenge of stealing a kill after someone else did all the work.

Will I play again? I will give it shot in my other games to see what diff my level and builds make but i dont see doing it again in PC unless some changes are made.

The biggest Joke of all was that I was well into the top 100 for about 10 minutes and it still listed me in 103 place after I died costing me quite a bit of rewards which already seem pretty weak for how long I played and stamina consumed, but the stamina consumed was due to my aggressive play....where as there were still many left who hadnt even come on line yet.

highly recommend the ability to change characters in the arena, its way to easy to figure out who many of the high levels are, i would even take it further and say maybe allow for multiple name and character changes because once a player 7k levels higher sets his sights on you there is absolutely no escape,

The Defensive stance or what ever its called was basically completely useless to me as it only lasted about 6-7 minutes and couldnt be used again for well over an hour. When someone 7k levels ahead zeros in......its pretty much useless.

If I had to guess the extremist of high levels are gonna win every time unless they really do something stupid or a huge number of players band together to take them down (the earlier the better) The next tier of ranked player will be those high in levels yet still in range of one another with lower stamina and the ability/willingness to pay for stamina refills. There might be some mid level players that stand a shot at placing decently.....but they wont ever close to winning. In the end its pretty much the way it should be....the big fish will eat the little fish, the little fish that pay to play will have a better shot than those who dont.

I think the stamina thing will become an issue, if u dont have much and u dont pay to play.....your only real chance is to fly under the radar The Xp is not impressive and is not worth the stamina invested, especially when u consider how much having high stamina hurts u in the perk department.

In the end.....u really dont stand to lose much unless you pour a lot of stamina in to it . Unless your one of the very top players or the top players dont enter....dont expect to win. It was fun and the outcome seems to be heading the direction it should. Just a few tweaks here and there it could be better. I have a few in mind I will work on them and get back to ya . But then again....my PC account is far from optimal for something such as the arena as it built far diff then my VC account....that combined with my overly aggressive style this particular time probably doesnt make me the best judge. I look forward to trying it in VC especially if they fix the stam issues

One idea I think might make a world of difference would be only to allow participants to enter the arena a certain amount of timee over a certain period of time....for example...2-3X a month, it may cut down on the player count and the corresponding rewards.....but depending on who is or isnt playing......everyone might actually have a chance at being the 1 to emerge from the arena.

Forgot to mention the lag issue....It was horrible and was not happening to everyone at the same time, multiple time while I was lagging I would finally refresh to finfd I had lost much health

10. Ploppy

Ploppy New Member

Yes right

Been having goes at every one trying out this battle arena, yes registered and everything else. Seems you have told only top ten again how to properly again! Not doing very well are we!

11. Jon Ward

Polish your going to be suprised by this. But from what has been going around from armadas and pirate clan groups The ones who are lasting are the smaller level pirates. And i believe a lot of us are not going to be shocked to see a smaller level win the 1st arena. Its going to be interesting to see. I know a level 830ish that is still hanging in there. And i went out in the 1st hour and i am 3xs as high as they are in pirate clan. So yes ability does have a play into it but also a strategy seems to work also.

12. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

That would be a real shocker to me. The only thing i would think s that they r simply flying under (not attack)the radar (good for them...way to go!)but will handled eventually. If they are actually engaging and the low levels are in the majority of whos left...then there is something seriously wrong with the "balance" of the system....and it would all be a big joke.

13. Jon Ward

No i think what it was in my opinion is all of us heavy hitters and higher levels went after players with a lot of health because if you did get the final kill your health was boosted a great deal from that kill. I think they just stayed out of the way or did the sneak attack and got the final hit

14. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

NOW 15/19 HAVEN'T EVEN HIT ANYONE .. that's not very fair to the ppl that got killed and are out of it. i saw ppl with over 2800 and 3000 atts that are already gone. they need to fix that wendah said she wasn't even going to be on right away and dogeyed hasn't been attack very much.. btw i am still in but . i don't think i'll be there much longer.. i have like 642mil health left

15. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

98 left and some high and some low levels and some in between

16. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

Players Remaining:

49 alot of ppl haven't even attacked anyone 7/9 on my page haven't had even 1 attack. i'm hoping to hold on til 50 or better i still have 635mil.. i made my goal everything else is a bonus ... THEY NEED TO FIX THE LOADING PROBLEM!!!!!!!!

17. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

huh ????? 84 left in the arena high levels ,low levels and a few in between it is last man standing who wins all the info was out there for weeks and especially since Friday evening

18. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

so far...i find it kind of meh...idk. maybe i just need to get the hang of it and I always hate change at first...so maybe it will take getting use to.

so far i dont like that the damage dealt is so small and takes so much stamina.

also, i just now got to log on after 7 hours so maybe the easy kills went early?? i do like it so far and i like that you can battle while your in the hospital. when those who like to bounty ball decide to log on, i can just stay dead and go get 'em in the arena. lol

*edited my comment because i didnt realize the health lost was random...not just when ya lose. no sir...dont like that!

19. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

by the way...are skill points allocated while the arena is progress update to the arena battle or is it set to what we have when we enter the arena?

20. Margaret Cunningham

Margaret Cunningham New Member

I am all for a full one time boost of stamina, but think that the player should decide when to use it. also like the idea of half price stamina .

I would like to see my arena feed . I would have like to looked and see who killed me and looked at their profile too :)

I dont understand how the rank is arrived so soon. If I hadnt helped get myself lower by playing right out the gate - my high health would have caused some to move to lower targets. I think I will hold back battling next one so I have a chance to stay allive longer and get a higher ranking if a player's time being alive is the deciding factor in ranking.
    And for all of us competing, is there not some way we can have a seeing how we ranked against each other, not just the select few at the top?
    or only the players that hit us and won hitting us the only ones that know how well they did against us?. I couldn't see who was hitting me and when it was over I was not able to access the feed at all.
    Myself and other's are unable to know how better to improve for a future Arena against those unknown players that hit us and killed us. did they do a little damage each hit? or a lot??? was there a masive wave of multiple players all hitting me at once - or a few, or just one? Have a need to KNOW in order to be competitive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.