Battle Arena Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Kano won't release formulas.But clan size matters as does all your inventory.Base atk/def value is also important.But the only way to possibly and I mean possibly make you invincible,is if your about 10,000 levels higher and have the best inventory possible and a monsterous attack/defense value.Even that though,judging by how random it really was in there,something says there is no answer to what your asking.

2. meandyou

meandyou Banned

well i know full well that bieng the strongest means nothing in the the arena as i have the strongest defense in the game as no one can beat me , in the normal game , and not asking for the formula just wat the optimum stenght is so player do not waste thier skill piont placing then in attack or deffnce and they go to waste as it does not make any difference to them once they go past the optimum any thing they add to make them stronger get taken away by the formula player could be inveting in attack and defence think they getting stronger wen they actually not , if they had an idea they could use the skill pionts into heath which i think would be much better for the game ingeneral

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  3. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Not sure if that is something everyone could or should know and usually Kano does not give out formula's but if everyone had that info where would the game go, lol

There has to be some mystery to the game, and sure a certain percentage of people don't read info or the help section, ask questions and play all wrong. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2012
  4. meandyou

meandyou Banned

if you read the reply it is not asking for the formula as even i know that but just asking kano to give an idea Wat is the optimum strength is because once you go over it then no matter wat you put into attack and defense will not make any difference if the players had an idea wat it was then they could invest thier skill points into heath or stamina that is providing they want to play areana mostly as you can see the areana has changed the goal post agian were to invest your skill point in best place , i myself am not worried as i am putting mine in the main game as if i invest inthe areana as i know my self i getting hady capped all ready if i invest into for the arena i will get weaker in the main game they area to me is just a fun way to spend a few hrs if i want to play fight all the time i would have got meself a leveling partener , that to me is no chalenge in the game know that you going to winevery fight then know you going to lose every fight i like a real fight were you hit some one and dont know if a counter or bounty coming you way that is the chalebge i like

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Oh I agree about it not being a challenge using a leveling partner, I find the game a challenge the way I play as I move past people and they try to catch me , be it a cager or a countering fool ( lol ) and each day is a new adventure along those lines lol

6. meandyou

meandyou Banned

linda and wat the devs posted abut the formula , saying it take all the skill points into consideration to work out you perks it is easy to see wat is the ideal build for the arena fight but if you built your pirate in the main game the same then I dont thnk you be too happy wen you get bullied by lower lvls

7. I think all should have started in defensive mode, those who were in the wrong time zone were killed whilst asleep! I was killed whilst sleeping and managed 891 st again due too zone. This will mean for me i will not be bothering too do this again as it was boring too take part in

8. meandyou

meandyou Banned

deffence mode is a part of the arena strategy and if you look at the leader board the majority that made to cut did not even take part, this was the first one a trial run so the devs can see how to adjust it to make it fair all round for every one, i for one looked at it as a full bounty list , other may have looked at it as a way to lvl i though that i myself only lasted for an hr , as the time flew by but on checking my result i was in for more than two hours , and i enjoyed myself as i do not like leveling i like to fight and to me this was fighting , and i think this is going to be a great addition to the game for once the devs have done something that i can only complement them on, and the starting time was ok for you as it start 7.00 ppm uk time unless you were on the afternoon shift

9. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Would the administration consider "prizes" not only for the last ones standing, but also for numbers of kills taken (some in the top brackets of winners have no kills, hehe)?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  10. alka

alka Banned

I agree.
    I finished 311th in PC without using a single stam as I forgot the day the battle started. I just worked my nuts off in VC to finish 355. Seems less effort rewards more and also a higher position!!

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Eric
    Administrator

We will address the issue of inactive players in the arena hiding out, we have some optimizations we'll be doing to create better randomness in the fight lists.

12. jothong

jothong Member

Hey all

I won in the FB version of PC ... and I am by no means the strongest pirate out there. Nor did i have 70,000 wins to do it.

Here are my stats from the game:

Attacks 28,558
    Kills 65
    Wins 25,635
    Losses 4,457

I'm also currently #43 as far as levels go. MANY pirates are much bigger and stronger than me. I do have a lot of stam and went in with a few day's worth of rewards cashed in so stam wasn't a problem.

I loved it - must have leveled up about 40 times. I did have quite a few kills "stolen" but it is just like a giant bounty board. Whoever gets the kill, wins.

Play smart, use your defense when you need to and you can make it to the end

13. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Agreed. Play smart. I made it into the top ten doing the same thing. Stats don't mean a damn thing in this, getting to the end does.

14. alka

alka Banned

7 of the last 20 were very smart. They didn't turn up and still got rewarded..

15. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

My point exactly. How did these ghosts slip through? Why weren't they taken out? If your firing at anything and everything your not going to get far.

16. alka

alka Banned

I guess their health was too high to warrent wasting stam on until there was no one else to fight.. :(

17. brad8and8

brad8and8 Member

well i hate to say it bit i mostly agree with PIMP, game was great, i am one of the top level players in the game and barely made it into the top 200, i was choosing my targets and attacking back against players attacking me. got into a drawn out battle against someone proply close to my level and my health was going down, then i got the kill, jumped my health back up some, but then i was gang attacked by 4 or 5 players who proply just saw the low health, ugly duckling finally took me out.

HERE R MY SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE
    1. SHORT START IN DEFENSE MODE
    2. I DIDNT NOTICE A WAY DURING PLAYING THAT U COULD TELL IF SOMEONE WAS ATTACKING OTHER PLAYERS OR NOT. BUT IF U COULD TELL A PLAYER WASNT ATTACKING ANYONE U COULD ATTACK THEM, THUS ELIMINATING THE PROPLEM OF PEOPLE JUST RIDING IT OUT.
    3. AFTER ARENA IS COMPLETE, AND LEADERBOARD IS COMPILED, ADD GAME NAME AND ARMADA TAG. WOULD LOVE TO SEE WHO THE PLAYERS WERE WHO DID WELL
    4. ADD A BATTLE ARENA LEADERBOARD, I LOVE CLIMBING OR COMPETE FOR TOP SPOTS ON LEADERBOARDS
    5. OFF THE WALL SUGGESTION, ADD A MINIMUM NUMBER OF ATTACKS THAT HAVE TO BE REACHED TO ADVANCE INTO TOP 200, 100, 50 AND SO ON. i KNOW NOT EVERYONE CAN START AT START TIME BUT ALSO WHY SHOULD OTHERS BE PUNISHED BECAUSE THEY DID MAKE IT.
    SUGGESTIONS TO PLAYERS
    1. ITS A MINI GAME, I PERSONALLY AM NOT GOING TO ADJUST MY GAME PLAY FOR THE MINI GAME.
    2. USE STRATEGY, ADJUST YOUR GAME PLAY AND ADAPT TO THE GAME

loved it guys keep up the good work

18. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

hate to admit that u agree with me...lol You might not even agree with me after this....i was The ugly duckling...lol. I like many of your suggestions, will comment on them later

19. Eric

Eric Administrator

@brad thanks for the feedback!

1) Everyone should have the ability to enable "Start in Defense Stance" in their profile for the next arena
    2) During play you can click on a player's link and view their profile which will reveal their attack stats
    3) Currently revealing the player's identity is controlled by the player themselves using the 'reveal' option in their profile
    4) Leaderboard has been added to the dev list, we're currently focusing on rounding out the feature and improving stability
    5) Next arena inactive players will receive health penalties and not be ranked

20. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

# 5 gets my vote and then some, :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.