Battle Arena Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric

Eric Administrator

***Update: Battle Arena for Pirate Clan is live, join now! Please use this thread for discussions, feedback and questions.
    wall_feed_battle_arena.jpg

2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Hey Eric i have a couple questions if you could answer when you get a chance.

1. Is health only built up when you defeat a player you get more health back correct. Or does health build back up at a rate inside the arena. It's not like regular battle were you can constantly click heal.

2. This is the other question. Will refills be allowed in the arena. Stamina and health. Or is just what you come in with and that is all. So once you run out of stamina you basically get killed off if you can't regenerate quick enough. Same as health.

3. Eric

Eric Administrator

1) Yes, health is only rewarded when you defeat an opponent.
    2) Refills are not being considered for this first battle arena, you join the arena with alot of health that should last you some time. There is a defensive stance option to minimize health damage which you can enable during high frequency attacks or even cases like waiting for stamina to refill.

4. Jon Ward

Thank you for your response Eric. That was exactly what i thought i read about it another thread just wanted to confirm it again.

5. Steven Joscelyn

Steven Joscelyn New Member

Hi Eric,

How will Battle Arena affect the normal playing of PC and our stats, or is it completely separate?

6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

how and where does stamina come into play, ???

7. Jon Ward

Hey Eric. We have a player wondering if your in the arena and you have a daily boost of stamina to be used can you use it and will it be added to your stamina inside the arena or will it just be added outside of the arena into your regular game play only. So if you went in with 1500 stamina and got a boost and it bounced it up to 2500 stamina will it allow you that extra 1000 stamina inside the arena if your in there already or will it only show the 2500 stamina outside. Good question by a player

Had to Edit because of what Linda said had to read her question again. If its added before you join also if that could be answered also

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

she means I think if you add it all together before you join, I think, way too much thinking for me lol

9. Eric

Eric Administrator

@steven - battle arena uses stamina to fight and xp for rewards, other then those attributes it is a separate feature.

@linda @jon - 1 stamina is used for every attack action, stamina isn't locked in when you enter the arena, you can use whatever stamina you have while inside the arena, i will clarify that in the help, thanks!

10. Jon Ward

So if you run low in the arena Eric you can use your boosts to recover stamina. Even if your already inside the arena corrct.

11. Eric

Eric Administrator

Yes stamina boosts are fair game.

12. Jon Ward

thanks eric.

13. Jessica

Jessica Member

4 questions I have about arena
    1.does it affect annihilation/survival streak?
    2.is there any exp penalty on death?
    3.can I join the arena and not attack anyone at all and just gain exp from defensive wins?
    4.will your squad show up as targets in arena?
    I'm not much of an attacker but I probably have best defense in game so would join just for free exp depending on some of those answers. :p

14. What is 75x income hourly ? How long does battel arena last (daily,weekly...)

15. Eric

Eric Administrator

Thanks everyone for the questions and interest.

@jessica - no it doesn't affect annihilation/survival streak, no xp penalty on death, you cannot get xp from someone else attacking you, anyone who is in the arena is fair game for attack so yes your squad could show up if they join.

@salman - 75x hourly is the coins reward, it is 75x your current hourly income coins. The battle arena is planned to run every 4 days. For the first arena we're going to have it once and then take some feedback from the community make any necessary adjustments and then start it up again.

16. Jon Ward

Eric is health boosts allowed inside the arena if you purchase them or is the only health your allowed to have is what you go in with and what you get from healing and winning fights to gain more.

17. meandyou

meandyou Banned

about the health a player comes into arena with set amount just say 1000 he fight loses 200 , kil a player get 200 health back to 1000 he then goes on kill another player does he get that added to his health ie health goes up to 1200 or dot it stop at max health going into battle ,

the way i see it it no point in killing some one if you don't get the health benefit, or you will then get players passing on the link of the nearly dead player for a friend to kill , for them to get health benefit , I know you have not got it ironed out yet , but be prepared as i can see a lot of whinners after the finish of the first arena

18. Eric

Eric Administrator

@jon - the only health allowed is what you start with in the arena and the health rewarded from kills in the arena.

@meandyou - as the rules stand now, you can boost your health above the starting value if you get multiple kills. This may change and we'll let everyone know if any changes do occur. You're right there is no doubt we'll have positive and negative feedback after releasing a new feature, our goal is to run one Battle Arena, look at the results, take in feedback from the community and make any necessary changes before we start a new arena.

19. bobbyc

bobbyc Member

Eric, Do you fight with your clan size or solo. Idont have 2000 clan members . Will i get destroyed?

20. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

is this mini game going to be on MYSPACE and facebook or just facebook??? will you be able to attack everyone including your friends in the ARENA or just enemies and if only enemies. will that open them up for attack or not??? in regular game play.. if you have a battle boost do you get the 10% boost while in there? also if you have counters on ppl are they wasted in there??? also how do the wins and losses and kills count???? are they a separate stat. or are they included in your game stats???? do your captains count or is it you just bring yourself (no captains)

Last edited: May 29, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.