Battle Arena Discussion (Round 3)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Jun 30, 2012.

1. ben

ben Active Member

you can ask any one of my armada members ... i went in solo and went from there ... i did not ask any one to gang up on any one ...

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Nobody said u asked your armada members to gang up on anyone, obviously u dont have a need for help, but your armada members certainly do and u give it to them. Are u saying its purely coincidence that your armada members took the top 4 spots in the first 2 arenas and that u had no idea who they were until the arena was over? Because if u did know who they were and left them alone than thats team work aka gang tactics. Personally I have no problem with that other than when people try to say that teamwork iis gang like and shouldnt be allowed except of course when it behooves them its ok....its called hypocrisy.

Seriously Ben....do u think there is any chance of someone beating u in the arena if they dont team up? Is there any reason for anyone to waste there time if the outcome is inevitable? Its not like Kano is restricting you, players just banded together to take you down....if anything you should be flattered. Truth be told...it was your own fault u got knocked out so soon, had u not gone into Defensive stance so soon we all would have had to stop due to low health and you could have been out there gaining health and picking us off one by one, instead u stayed in D stance for along time and allowed us to regain health and pick u off once u used up your D stance and u were vulnerable, We did appreciate your help...lol

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Ben never tell us to gang up on anyone.Unlike a certain "Self proclaimed pirate police"armada,no one tell us how to play.

4. polishpimp

When did anyone say Ben told u guys to gang up on anyone? Why would Ben need any help?

5. brad8and8

brad8and8 Member

OK in the first arena i came in about 300th, in the second 1 i got attacked by ben on 3 occasions, he actually killed wendah off and she left the armada for a short while, Now i wont speak for anyone else, but i do believe in the use of gang tactics, why would u not use your best advantage in the game, ie 6 players in the top 30, we all knew BEN would be targeted for multiple players attacking him, and you have to figure ONLY a combined attack would kill him. thats why i was giving out kudos to you guys in an earlier post.

6. meandyou

meandyou Banned

the devs have a formula in place to even out the playing field i myself added to my attack to strengthen my pirate only to have that strength taken away by the formula, so all this crying about high levels winning is a load of crap as the devs are doing thier best to make everyone even, so everyone has a good chance of winning , it is the way you play the game that helps you succeed not your level , if you dont fight and sit it out then expect to fail ,it is always the bad losers that complain making up excuses why they cant win, when in fact it is the way they play , the game whether they succeed or fail, the arena is a game of chance as everyone that fights has more chance of gaining levels , not fighting gets you no xp because a lot finished high up in the leader board in the first one think that is the way to go , but the devs have made changes to rectify this soon wen the devs get it fixed then you will see if you dont fight you will get nothing, hopefully wen i gain a bit more experience in the game i will finish up high on the leader board in the arena hopefully i can repeat my last finishing place but i am wise enough to know that is very unlikely as the arena is a game of chance

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  7. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

i thought you were going to make this game so it is possible for someone to win other than the highest levels.. now that you give health back when attacking you have just made it so the will never happen.. you have the search and now the healing of health. . i will continue to join but i am doing it for just the exp. i thank you for the free exp tho.. have fun all that join..

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Hence why the search should go away.

9. polishpimp

Just wait...if they remove the search option its going to get much worse because there will be no way to bring down the big boys, at that point the lesser levels shouldnt even bother joining

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Take 2.

Sorry Pimp,but you're simply wrong.

11. Creeper

Creeper New Member

So many thoughts. First off, BA as of now sucks! itll be another 1000 levels before i even consider joining again. it is geared specifically for high levels(2500+) and pay2plays. And gang/war tactics and strategies? really?! The main games are riddled with that crap, and you want to ruin a new(potentially great) feature with the "i cant fight my own battles" mentality? And besides, only one person is gonna get the health reward. So why would several low levels kamikaze on a high level, when only one will get the reward? No matter how i go about it, as a level 1500, im just cannon fodder because im not buddy-buddy with the higher levels. And yes, i actually fought. got to play for a whopping 20 min. before 2 high levels wiped me out in 3 min. with 450 attacks. a complete waste of effort and stamina on my part.

If you want to make this fair, and fun for all, i have a couple suggestions.
    1. raise the min. level to enter, or shorten the gap in strength between the weakest and strongest players.
    2. do away with any/all identity(during), so even friends cant find each other.
    3. get rid of search AND save. only the list and previous attackers should be targets.

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Everything bolded is what I'm agreeing with.
    Far as the rest,well....

But THANK YOU for mentioning how it was TWO high levels that wiped you out.
    Showing how search IS being used to wipe out low levels just like I thought.

13. polishpimp

there r certain players that it is absolutely impossible to take down one on one and they would win the arena each and every time....the only way to bring them down is to team up on them and even then its not easy to kill them.

The roaming bands of players who are tag teaming players are just idiots....as u said only one gets the kill reward. I suspect most r just doing it for protection but in the end they all lose out due to lack of health.

Do u play in MS or FB? How do u know these players were high leveled....did the reveal their identities?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012

14. LMAO!!! Where's my fiddle?

You need more levels.........for sure. And perhaps a strategy would help too. Such as finding like-minded friends with a common goal, to make the top 10 perhaps? The BA has no rules, so stop complaining about how others play and figure out how to play yourself.

15. Creeper

Creeper New Member

thats an assumption really. but my perks were decent, and i only won about 30 of the 450. and of course i went down swinging, but only won a couple of times out of a hundred attacks or so. like i said, its a waste of time for lower levels to even try.
    i want a 1-on-1 free for all that anyone has a chance of winning.

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Honestly not trying to be rude.
    But you've contradicted yourself.

17. polishpimp

no im not, ive no issue with tag teaming when its the ONLY way to bring someone down, i dont even have an issue with those that do for whatever reason.....i just dont think its a viable strategy against lesser opponents. Teaming up offers lesser levels a shot...where as for higher levels they are using more stam for less reward

18. polishpimp

I hear ya but unfortunately it cant ever work that way when someone is double the level or more of the next highest level player or that player will win every time

19. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Yes it can,if done right.
    No search there's still the possibility of a monster appearing on more than 1 fight list.
    Which means more than 1 can still attack the monster.
    It can be done passively.

20. Creeper

Creeper New Member

Which is why i suggested shortening the strength gap. then ben wont be that much stronger than you, or me for that matter.