Battle Arena Discussion (Round 2)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

kinda like what i said about pll that don't attack .there were 10 of the top 20 that either didn't hit or hit for less than 100.. idea for the start time .why not start ALL the arenas at the start of the day 12am pst or noon pst.. it seams to work with the reg. game and with special calendars ..just a thought it doesn't matter to me i'm retired so if i want to join i can just get on when it starts

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Congrats on that.I ranked 120th on fb without participating.

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Read the original post.It was updated.

4. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

yes i was writing while you were posting. i asked earlier about non hitters if you read what they said they decided to let them be ranked even tho they said new rules they wouldn't rank if under 100hits..they did say they would revisit the issue if there was a problem.. we shall see

5. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

you can leave it alone i think.. if you have a 5min. delay that wouldn't help much because when ppl are double teaming you they are smart enough to wait 5mins and start attacking you again. you will die while your waiting to enable defense mode again . you can please everyone.. i really think you should do something about non attackers but then again that is their defense not attacking just keeping under the radar....it sure seams to work

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  6. alka

alka Banned

Ty and congrats to you also.
    120th is a very respectful position.

@ Eric
    I wonder if tripling or quadrupling the Health would allow those that can't get to the game for 6 or 7 hours a chance to wake up and do a few attacks.
    I'm guessing that 7 hours into the 3 day the battle it was over as I can't see how many are left in the Arena.

7. Oap Champs

Oap Champs New Member

Timing of game is crucial. I am in the UK So start time was midnight, as much as I enjoy playing I am not gonna stay up all night. Consequently I was dead long before the morning. This gives a massive advantage to those in the right timezone.

Possible solution.
    1 you can only attack players who are on line in the arena.
    2 If a players has not logged on and attacked a minimum of 100 within a 12 hour period they are flaged as online in defence mode.
    3 if a players has not taken part after 16 hrs they are eliminated, with no place or rewards.
    4 The 12 hours over lap should allow all timezones to take part.
    5 XP awarded for entering arena , should be awarded AFTER the event as long as the player has taken part as above.
    6 A player must attack atleast 100 times in any 12hr period during the durration of the arena, or again they will be forced into online defence mode and eliminated after 16 hrs of inactivity.

I also think there should be a cap on how many players can be attacking one player at the same time, as this would eliminate the situation where an organized armarda could all attack the same person at the same time. This will happen eventualy if it hasnt already.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  8. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

There is no advantage to entering the Battle Arena at the start of it, if one is going for a good ranking #. I entered & fought right off of the opening bell & was dead in 45 min., giving me a higher numbered ranking than those who waited before entering, &/or it also appears, didn't enter the arena at all. I did get a lot of wins under my belt & some good kills as well, enjoying the experience & loot drops along the way. That is why I suggested earlier in the feed to have prizes for wins & kills, as well as last pirate standing...

9. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

i have to say i did like the ability to see who was stealing kills and the link to take me to them. good move there.

10. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

On the contrary, it played a huge part in whether someone survived v. someone else in the first VC battle arena, near the play down. The "smart" folks kept theirs available and got a higher ranking.

You are looking to penalize the skill play some more?

11. Eric

Eric Administrator

There is strategy involved when you should use it and there still would be the ability to turn it on and leave it on. We could discuss the option of raising the 5 minute penalty.

12. OK Guys, here is my feedback from my 2nd go in the Arena :)

1. I had defensive stance enabled for the start of the arena, I'd like the ability to turn it off If I want to play in the arena earlier than when the defensive stance runs out.

2. Group Mentality, whilst it's a legitimate strategy i'd like to see more thing's added for the solo players, let's face it not everyone is in an Armada so not everyone get's to work with someone... why should these players be penalized? It should be fair for all.

3. I thought the Battle Arena was supposed to be balanced and anybody could essentially win or get a reward? I really don't see that at all, mostly it's the strong pirates that are holding on to the last positions, with only a few smaller less strong pirates going under the radar.

4. I was been hit by several people about 10 minutes before coming out of defensive stance, so My health was around 70% less when I came out of it so was killed off quickly, the fight list wasn't updating with new people and everyone around me had high health, nothing I could do I managed 40 attacks before I died. Again I think something needs to be done to allow us to carry on in the game such as reduced damage or higher health.

5. I'd like the option as mentioned before to be able to completely re-allocate your skill points just for the Arena, I think this would make it fairer, and give less stronger pirates the opportunity to possibly have a better result.

6. This one is more of an idea, how about having random game generated players to hit to get a health boost if there's no low health players around and you are dying quickly, then you hit these 'Bots' and get a health boost to allow you to continue.

7. The battle arena is supposed to last 3 days and in most cases it only lasts 24 hours, I think something needs to be done about this I think it should be longer, it's great fun but it would be nice to be in it for more than a few hours.

That's it, just my opinion :)

13. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Reallocation for no reason, and it that should never happen besides the fact that then in when it is over everyone can just put their skill points in another area for the regular game and wreak total havoc NO NO NO :) and did I mention NO

as far as the game lasting longer ,that would prob be dependent on how many join ( which was about 900 plus) and how many actually participate , so that cannot be controlled.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
  14. Eric

Eric Administrator

Some questions we've gotten recently:

1. The defensive mode should be allowed to come off when your ready to play in the arena if you start in the arena in that mode. But it should not hinder the defensive mode in the game allowing you to jump back into the 1hour mode that you cannot come out of until the time runs out correct.

-We'll be introducing a toggle option to disable and enable defensive mode, however, each time you disable it, you will lose 5 minutes from the allocated defensive mode time.

2. Players again that have not played at all or did few hits or no hits getting into the lower rankings somehow and bypassing everyone who actually did put in the effort.

-Currently inactive players (under 100 attacks are rankdomly promoted into people's fight list) Along with that we're working on a system that gives health bonueses to actively attacking players early on in the arena, along with upping the base health. This should push more active people further through the arena and give inactive players a narrowing window of time to get back to the game and compete.

3. The battle drops were few and far between unlike last time were if you were hitting players constantly you were awareded the experience and the battle drops more consistent.

-Nothing has changed with the battle drops, its still uses the same randomness as seen in other parts of the game.

4. Undead players being removed from the fight list faster since i have seen many players including myself having to refresh the pages constantly just to find players who were alive.

-You can only refresh your fight list every 30 seconds, however we can look at removing dead players on every click of the refresh button.

5. Someone suggested defensive mode should only be available if you go below your actual health threashold. So the defensive button is not being misused.

-This would remove any strategy, we are going with the toggle solution.

6. There should be a limited amount of time when the arena starts if your in defensive mode that your allowed to stay in it from the start so you cannot manipulate the system and stay in the 1st mode when it started.

-People are free to stay in defensive mode from the start if they wish, it's your call how you want to strategize this feature.

7. Being able to see who attacks you more consistently. Even though i believe Shane said it that he was able to also see who attacked him i was able to sometimes but it seemed to be lagging at times.

-Yes, currently the feed isn't optimized, ideally it would be nice to have a ticker style alert, that shows a scrolling list of attackers. We can add this to the dev list for consideration.

8. Still being able to watch the arena unfold and see how everyone is doing in it even if you are killed off.

-We cannot show the global list to people who have been killed off, others in the arena could get a hold of this information and use it to their advantage.

9. Some players have said they did not get the chance to even play because they were killed off right in a matter of seconds. Or even before they were able to enter the arena.

-We are looking into giving out more base health along with the solution listed in point 2

15. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Okay number 6 i want to get a response from this. So if a player decides they want to be in defensive mode in the beginning before it starts. They are allowed to stay in that mode all the way to the top 10 without ever coming out. And yes it is possible if it is the right player with the health attack and def being all on equal footing.

16. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Are you combining "ranked" and "randomly"?

17. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I don't think he meant it that way.

18. brad8and8

brad8and8 Member

wow so lets even everything out so all these low levels can finish as high as me, A long time player. tired of hearing everyone cry and want changes to suit there play, rank up and whoop some butt. I will point out that of the 312 people who entered the arena, 190 were killed by the top 4 finishers. click there names and add up the kills.

You guys are totally wrong about the health reward being visible, we used it to lets us find weak players, low health reward equaled weaker player, didnt take much stamina or health to kill them offf, also would click on persons name and see there battle attacks, wins and losses.

Love the who got the kill, this will eliminate people sitting back and waiting for the kill. Anyone who jumped in at the end and took a kill from me was immmediatly attacked and killed.

I think the defense toggle is a bad idea, that will surely be abused, and help people hide. Its fine like it is, u can only stay there so long then you r toast.

People need to change there play to the game, I finished 186th in the first arena on MS and 4th this time.

I sure havent played this game every day for almost 2 years. To see everyone who hasnt been playing that long, just made equal to me, I struggled through the lower levels and plotted my way to the top of most leaderboards. I will let my rankings speak for themself, check the boards and u will see THE WINGMAN is there,

THANKS FOR THE FUN NEW GAME
    AND THE ONLY WAY TO EXTEND THE GAME IS BY JUICING HEALTH , BAD PART ABOUT THAT PEOPLE WILL COMPLAIN ABOUT STAMINA NEEDED TO KILL PEOPLE, AND INVITE MORE GROUP ATTACKS THANKS AND LATER, BRAD

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  19. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Yep,I entered in about 3 1/2 hours into it,and starting attacking like a madman.Got 28 kills in before you and gt stole them all :) and yes I went looking for lower health rewards since they were easier to kill.I initially hated that idea,but well done Kano.

20. brad8and8

brad8and8 Member

sure think he meant , you start in defense mode on the timer, giving u more like the first hour after the start before u are thrown into the fray.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.