[Other] Battle arena boost

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Demonik1, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

A very simple idea that would be cool and possibly promote more activity in the arenas for all platforms and games. How about some type of boost given when dealing a death blow? Either an attack boost or xp boost for a limited amount of time, say 5-10 mins? even the snipers would be highly tempted to attack someone right after receiving the boost as to not let it go to waste, especially if its an xp boost.....or any other kind of boost one of you suggests that i havent thought of....and please, dont give me the "kill reward is reward enough" line, cause all that promotes is sniping haha

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

This seems on the right track.....

Holding off on voting for now.

3. slave

slave Member

as much as id like that, it will never float

a) snipers are snipers because they built thier slayer with no stamina.....
    no xp boost or something else is going to magically give them more stamina to attack

b) players with huge stam who already do all the attacking would get massive xp or attack boosts, on top of already having massive stamina

the reason the same people are always winning - check out their stamina totals, the proof is in the pudding, either they arent afraid to refill or have large stam, every one else is just a sniper - and when it comes down to crunch time, if you cant attack at the end, you are a sitting duck, cuz theres no one to snipe when your the target....

4. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I really like this idea, but I have a feeling Kano would go for the attack boost, just making it even easier for snipers. If they went for the xp boost i'd be all for it, encouraging people to drive hits more instead of letting people do the work for them is a great idea in my book. The attack boost would continue to help the snipers because they could just keep on sniping the hits, and the attack boost would make it easier for them to do so. Voting 10 stars for the xp boost.

5. Demonik1

good points from all, if you have any tweaks or suggestions to this idea it would be helpful....and the attack boost wouldnt help snipers all that much, it would be for a short time and luck would be a huge factor in that area...personally i would prefer an xp boost but i figure more than 1 option gives for a better idea and more food for thought

6. Adam Maguire

Adam Maguire Member

I would personally prefer the attack boost. It would help prevent losing health against opponents that should be beaten easily.

7. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

If you're not being compensated well enough by the kill reward then apparently you're not powerful enough to beat them "easily". There are many opponents that I take out and come off about even as far as health goes, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Trust me, it would help snipers A LOT more than you think. Snipers find targets that people tend to pick off first based on power, kill reward, and health. They save these targets and hit them every minute or two while searching off for new ones. Some will even keep a word document and copy and paste the names in the search bar to health check players if they find more than 20 good targets. 5-10 minutes is a LONG time for snipers to find a good kill. XP boost is the only way to go if you want to actually promote activity instead of sniping.

8. Demonik1

10 out of 10 but only 4 users have voted...anyone else have anything to add? suggestions?

9. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

huh? This completely contradicts your suggestion in your own idea thread. U know....the one where my handicap is "BS".

10. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

liking it.....voted it a 10

11. Demonik1

there ya go kano, and since he's Omniscient that means he knows everything and this idea should be put in right away ;p

12. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Just make it solely for xp boost :p. Don't want to help snipers more than we already do....

13. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I am nearly omniscient , so there :p

14. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Seems sensible enough but I think 10 mins is a long time. When you think just how many clicks 10 mins is - whew. I'll give it 9

15. Demonik1

I'm not saying it HAS to be 10 mins, that was just a quick example to get the idea out here.... 3 mins, 5, 7...whatever haha just think some kind of boost after a kill would be cool

16. Demonik1

Lol only cause you're a mod and get to yap more ;p