[Other] Battle Arena avatars.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Eraser, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Eraser

Eraser Member

Ive seen a lot of request from people to create more anonymity in the battle arena, In my experience in the battle arena, very few people can actually be determined of "who is who" , getting easier as it drawls closer and closer to the end.

The main deterimining factor to decide who you are up against in the arena, is the avatar. Sure the health reward is a big factor, but, as there are many players that have similar health rewards, referencing to the avatar, is the way to decide, which of those players it would most likley be.

The best resolution for this would be for the devs to draw up a few new avatars specifically for the arena, and we just pick one each time we join.

I was thinking that different arena characters could have benefits, say there is 3 different sort of characters, (maybe even a few of each sort) and each one gives you a slight boost to one of your arena perks, either to help make up for an area that you are lacking or amplify an area that you are strong. but it wouldnt be "nessicary" That is just something we could discuss here, Its not the idea to be voted on.

The idea is simply, to pick an avatar for arena, totally different that would be available in any of the games upon joining each competition.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Its not that I dont like the idea, its more that I disagree with the reasons behind it and wonder how much of a diff it would make and if it was worth the resources.

Personally....I think the stats are by far the easier way to determine who is who....especially if u note the numbers from arena to arena and the potential increase based on levels gained by an opponent between arenas. At least for the bigger boys and girls that is.

I think its already pretty much impossible to differentiate who is who when it comes to the low to mid levels based on stats or avatar....so wheres the merit of this when they are the majority by far?

I do however kind of like the idea just because it allows for a little individuality. It would actually be cool if we could pick and download our own avatars to be used in the arena.

I like the current way the arena uses just our own stats. I think boosts could be really used to a teams advantage (excessively) if their sole purpose was to take 1 or 2 players out. Believe me....theyre are many players and alts out there totally willing to sacrifice themselves and sole purpose is to help their master take out its target.

So in the end i like the initial idea,,,,but i gotta wonder is it really worth it when so much else needs to be addressed

Will hold off on voting for now.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  3. Eraser

Eraser Member

I was thinking just like a 1 or two notch up in one area wouldnt hurt.

Lets say You're like many zombie slayers, and just dont have any defense to speak of. Ive seen people with as little as 5 minutes of defensive stance available to them. Choosing a character that gives either a 1 or two notch increase to thier defensive perk, would give them a 20 minute defensive stance, which is not that much of a big advantage, but hey, at least its long enough for somone to think about other opponents and get moving along to them.

or A lower level player that has good stats for what they do have, but just falling short on the type of strength it takes to compete, maybe just a tiny boost to their attack perk, wouldnt make them unfarily strong, but just give them a touch of a better chance to make a kill shot.

or how about some of the big boys, stacked in atttack defense stamina, just all around beast for arena, being that they dont need any help I dont see why they dont deserve an option to boost up thier health perk by a notch or two to get a very slightly better health rewards.

I dont really understand how everyone having the option to move up 1 perk just 1 or 2 notches would lead things in the wrong direction, or be any big game changer. If there are people willing to sacrifice themselves to go after someone, they are already there. I dont think a 1 higher notch in attack perk is going to make a huge difference, as attack perk does next to nothing (Mine is 135 I should know)

I cant say its the same for other arenas, but there are many people who put in a ton of attacks in ZS arenas, not a ton, but around 10 or so, There is one person in particular that I can always point out without never even attacking them to see thier health reward, I click their name, I see the attacks, and I see the avatar, and I know its him. If it where not for that avatar It could be one of close to a dozen people.

Its not a huge deal to me either, but I have seen a lot of calls to be more anonymous in the arena, and I do believe that was kanos intention when they designed it, for it to be anonymous. We're given alias' and we never have to reveal our names. I thought Id throw this one out there just for those people who do struggle with everyone knowing who they are.

also... The mid levels for zs are the ones that would gain the most anonymity from this. The largest of players could still be given away just by thier rewards and attacks, but only certain players are known to do well in the arena, so when it gets closer to the end, its the avatar that totally gives away "who is who" because the health reward doesnt tell enough about the mid levels.

Is this my top priority? Not in the least, but I do believe it would be helpful for a good number of players. and lets face it, The brunt of the work for this would be on the artst. The code seems like it would be a lot of "copy and paste" from the character selection code that they already have.

(wow this ended up a lot more wordy that I thought it would be)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I saw someone buy a different avatar for this sole purpose, not sure why but did LOL

5. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I'm not sure how to vote on this. People always know who i am because of my health reward. I'm not sure this would help me in anyway.

6. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

im with polish on this one, cool idea and would be neat but kinda pointless and would make little if any difference...5