[Other] BA health reduces every 6 hours unless u attack

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Fusheng, Jan 28, 2013.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

How many games out there allow people to jump on in half way through the competition? I Wonder if the new york marathon would be ok with letting fresh runners join midway through the race? Is it fair that a player that shows up on time and plays for hours on end gets knocked out by some player who had a billion health, only lost 15% after 6 hours of inactivity and comes in fresh from an 8 hr nap?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
  2. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Hey everyone, I realize this is a rather contentious issue, but please keep things civil and respectful. Tossing around insults because you don't agree with someone doesn't help the discussion. You're welcome to have differing opinions, but please be respectful about it.

I've removed the insults from a few posts to keep the discussion going, but we usually don't have the time for this which is why offensive posts usually get deleted. If you want to participate in the discussion, please keep it respectful.

3. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Let me show you a little something.
    Attacks 63,382
    Kills 77
    Wins 57,225
    Losses 8,410
    Biggest Attack 1,512,913 damage

I am far from inactive. Last arena I had more kills than anybody, and I had the second highest attack count. This is my usual schedule. Monday-Friday I have class. I go to bed at 3 AM, get a nice 8 hour sleep, and wake up at 11 AM. I get a shower, hop on ZS for about 5-10 minutes, burn some stamina and energy, hit some rockets, then I go off to make lunch. I eat, then get ready for school leaving at 12:30 PM. It's an hour drive(or more depending on traffic) and I get there around 1:30-1:40 and finally get into class at 2PM. I'm there until 8:15 PM, and it's another hour drive home. When I get home I usually open up ZS, and play and do a bit of studying for a bit, then make myself a second dinner around midnight-1 AM. Depending on how active ZS is I'm playing that and switching between other tabs. On the weekends I usually try to get out and have fun with some friends if available, and sundays I try to go snowboarding if the weather permits it. I don't let this game consume my life 24/7 yet I'm still active enough to get top tier finishes and more kills than anybody else, and second place in attack count. People that are triple my level play this arena and I still put out better stats than them. My point about this is that some people can actually have lives outside of this game, and I take more than 6 hour breaks from the game. If you don't want inactives to finish high then kill them off early, it's as simple as that. Somewhere between 60-70 of my kills were inactives so I don't know why you find it so hard to find them. If I can kill more inactives than most competitors kill total you should at least be able to find them. If this goes through, people will be penalized whether they are ACTIVE or INACTIVE. It's a horrible idea.
    Also let me feed your analogy.
    Baseball- Relief pitchers don't even get put into the game until the 8th-9th inning on most occasions.
    Hockey- Some goalies don't play at all, or will be put in around the 3rd period towards the end.
    Football(American)- Some quarterbacks won't make an entrance until the 3rd-4th quarter.
    Also, I'm pretty sure there's no problem having a fresh runner join halfway through as long as he starts at the beginning. The people who show up late for the arena don't magically have the health someone else would that put hours of work into their arena. They would have either their starting health(with many other players having higher health putting the late bloomer at a disadvantage), less than starting health due to people health checking/attacking(once again putting them at a disadvantage), or dead.
    You're also forgetting that the person who has that billion health put in work. If that person who got knocked out was active for the entire time, and the other person had a billion health (more than)8 hours later, than the player who got knocked out was definitely just really bad at arena. I'm gonna guess that the person who had a billion health put at least an hour of work into his account first. So lets say the arena has been open for 9 hours. If the person who put in 1 hour of work has the ability to take out the person who put in 9 hours of work, than that just means that the other guy was better. People should be rewarded for "skill" not "effort". Is an 11 year old boy gonna beat a heavyweight MMA champion at an arm wrestling match? No, he isn't. No matter how much effort he puts in, the 11 year old won't win unless the champ throws the match. Are you gonna curve the rules so the 11 year old wins because of effort?

4. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i give it an 8 for now, good idea but i believe the amount of health lost should increase as time goes on...there are a ton of inactives with a crapload of health and horrible kill rewards...increasing health punishments as time goes on would help a ton and it should be more often then the original 6 hours...6 then 3 then 2 then every hour till its over

5. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I would be for it if the time was 12 hours after start time, then more lost every hour, but 6 hours is definitely too short of a time to determine "inactive"

6. polishpimp

WTH? Who cares about your schedule or anyone elses for that matter? The game is the game and cant be dictated by anybody's schedule. Im sure the super bowl doesnt start at a great time for every one either...get real! Kano has done as much as thetyy can by having alternate start times, if people cant make it ...its entirely on them regardless of their reasoning. If some players can play 24?7....good for them if thats what they want to do. If they play that much then they deserve what the get, someone who cant play as much....deserves that much less...its as simple as that.

Really? Your examples are substitutes? Thats hardly the same now is it? If you called in a substitute to play your account mid way through the arena that would be cheating now wouldnt it? My example of a marathon runner did not mean for them to start at the beginning but mid way through the race. If a player with a billion health gets to do nothing and can start half way throught the arena ....they already have a distinct advantage over anyone who may have been active yet has less health...that doesnt seem a lil weird to you? It does to me, but then again Im coming from the point of view of which Kano said the battle arena should be. Disagree? there is already a paltry 15% penalty is there not? Do u think thats there to penalize or reward inactives?

Honestly, did u read your last paragraph?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  7. polishpimp

ahhhh...the voice of reason, ty. . I would actually decrease it more often as many arenas only last 10-12 hours

8. Toker

Toker Member

I like this Idea. But I think It should be looked at for Each game on each Site individually. Obviously One site or game will have more inactives than another. I also Think That their should be a huge health Decrease for Inactives(people who havnt hit anyone at all) when the Bonus rounds are hit. I know we are already getting "better" attacks but it doesnt seem to make that much more of a differance. There is differant Attack tiers when You get so far, so there should also be Health Decreases for each of those tiers as well. Plus if a person didnt get their 100 att, shouldnt everyone else that did move up the list? Maybe the Rewards should be given After the arena ends. (And if these are already in affect......my bad lol)

9. slave

slave Member

i think as long as it is stated in the rules that there will be a reduction after x hours, then there shouldnt be a problem with it.
    when arena started in zs there was a reduction after ten hours, this has since been removed, there is no reduction any longer.
    if people are worried about people not joining if they cant qualify for rewards i think that is far fetched, i think people join arena with no intention of playing specifically for the join xp and the fact that they can slip in to the rewards tier. of course i try to eliminate that as much as possible but im only one person and if someones account doesnt show on my screen or anyones screen theres nothing we can do about it, what would be better in my opinion is.....after ten hours and we get a health reduction those accounts get prioritized onto our fight lists so we can eliminate them, this is no different than active accounts being prioritized onto my list right now. Not one single bit of difference.....
    then after those accounts are eliminated (accounts with zero activity) then kano can go back to prioritizing active accounts again

but i am a realist and this will never come to pass
    sadly
    but there is always time to make a new calendar and somehow that doesnt unbalance the game.....

10. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

oh i agree, i just didnt have too much time at that moment to factor in the reality of the arena length, just wanted to get the gist in and i did haha

11. polishpimp

I like it!