[ZS] BA/FW sign up info in Newsletter

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Blasphamy, May 2, 2014.

1. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

So, it occurs to me that there are many, many more people hitting the world boss than those signing up for BA/FW. It could be from any number of reasons, but I would venture to think that many people simply don't understand they don't have to play it once they join it and that it does give out exp (which i'm going with the exp thing since they seem to want it from the World Bosses)

Taking into account that you can't register for BA til level 660, i understand that not all.....

Boss Fight Details
    total slayers: 4648

are going to participate.

But, as of this minute there are just over 900 people registered for BA.

I would propose that something like a small blurb in the newsletter or even a system automated message to people's in game inbox reminding them / encouraging them to explore the games options could bolster those numbers, if nothing more than to simply gain a few exp points for their efforts.

It has been noted that the gradual decline of BA participants is happening, so something very small like a reminder could go a long way in re-energizing those numbers. The only way this is going to get better is by actually doing something. The player base is doing our part in playing, so lets get some developers to give the players a boost, shall we?

2. Eraser

Eraser Member

Well,

You can attribute a declining BA participants to a few things.

Players quitting because they're bored to death

Alts being banned, I keep trying to tell people, alts are good for the game but nobody listens.

Then you have personal reasons of the smaller player, why would they join to gain 20,000 xp, just for the sake of giving the person that trolls on them daily for the last year or better, 500k or more xp?

Then you got those who used to be able to play the battle arena with some sucess of thier own, but now have zero chance at it, and just dont join out of spite because what they used to enjoy has been ruined.

and just a little fun fact, when there was 1500+ people joining the battle arena there where 9k+ on the world boss. Relativley, we've lost more world boss helpers than battle arena entries.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  3. slave

slave Member

you forgot to mention...
    that kano messes with your acct if you do well
    that its painful to play, where all you do is spam click the attack button, but if you exceed some bs computation that your attacks diminish in effectiveness (which apparently a 53 year old finger can accomplish quite easily)
    im sure there is more im forgetting, cuz my mind is old and like mush...
    oh yes....that they have tripled the attacks you can do but left the defensive time the same, so that as long as you get in 100 attacks with good defensive time you can be in the top 50 every single time without doing any more than attacking 100 times....
    that by getting in top 50 each time....shows how very few people actually play this event

there i think i finished now

4. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

I understand some of the contributing factors to its decline from the older players, but what about the up and coming players who are reaching level 660 every day and not signing up? You know, the ones who are not so bitter with the games' evolution..... how's about we do something to promote the game to them and not dwell on only the players with over 2 years of game play experience.

5. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

What if kano just sign in all 660+ and those who register in their own are able to play and get stats from arena?