Aztec High Priest, Silverspike, Silent Assassin Blacksmithing tips:

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by DarkStratus, Jan 25, 2011.

1. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Level 175 - Atlantis

What we KNOW:
    The Silverspike uses three different items. ONE of these items is a gift, but is not the Evil Eye Talisman. February's gifts are also exempt, as the Silverspike recipe existed before they did.
    Any player that has reached level 175 can craft this. One of the non-gift items WILL BE AVAILABLE at that level. This means one of Atlantis' middle adventures drops an item for the recipe. Since the Gambit comes immediately after the FIRST adventure (opened at level 135), Gambit drops are also out of the question (for whatever the 175 item is). The possible adventure drops are:
    • Golden Challice - 1 Attack, 4 Defense
    • Giant Pearl - ? Attack, ? Defense
    • Red Pearl Compass - 4 Attack, 8 Defense
    • Golden Leg - 8 Attack, 5 Defense
    and possibly the Deadeye Helm, but I doubt it as it is the last adventure before Port Royal opens at level 235. Since the Giant Pearl drop is used for the Ancient Dive Suit, I think it is also not the item (because the Ancient Dive Suit opens at level 165). If Giant Pearl is level 165, then Red Pearl Compass MUST be the level 175.

The recipe is the "Silver"spike. ATHEISTIC SATANIST suggested that the Silver Hook gift and the Marlinespike bought item are components. This is reasonable. Silver+spike. But since Marlinespike is purchased, it is not the level 175 item. I will test those two with Atlantis drops and edit this post with my findings.

FAILED:
    Silver Hook + Marlinespike + Golden Leg
    Silver Hook + Marlinespike + Red Pearl Compass
    Silver Hook + Silver Dagger + Red Pearl Compass
    Red Pearl Compass + Marlinespike + Compass

So, if my logic is correct, then the Silverspike is the Red Pearl Compass + (some other item) + (some gift other than Evil Eye Talisman or the February gifts)
    And since the Dig Challenges are new as well, then maybe the Silver Dagger is not used.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  2. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Secret Ninja, could we have a hint, please? A hint for the other non-gift? :D

3. Bubba

Bubba Member

Lets not forget that usually there is a Blacksmith item in the Hidden recipes. The other issue is what is the Silverspike? Is it a weapon, matey or Ship?
    I am betting that it is not a ship, so that means the Coast Guard is out for Blacksmith item and it would logically mean the red pearl compass as well.

My thought is that it is either the Ancient Divesuit or the Juggernaut with a weapon (maybe Atlantis Sword) and the Silver Hook. I have not made the divesuit yet, so I can not try those combos.

4. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

I have.
    So we're assuming Red Pearl Compass?
    I'll try the Silver Hook with the Blacksmith items.
    Red Pearl Compass + Silver Hook + Ancient Divesuit
    Red Pearl Compass + Silver Hook + Juggernaut
    Red Pearl Compass + Silver Hook + Coast Guard
    Red Pearl Compass + Silver Hook + Chinese Sea Dragon
    Red Pearl Compass + Silver Hook + Munitions Expert
    Red Pearl Compass + Silver Hook + High Explosive Bomb
    Red Pearl Compass + Silver Hook + (I'm missing the Dilapidated Wreck)
    Red Pearl Compass + Silver Hook + Man o' War
    Red Pearl Compass + Silver Hook + Aztec High Priest
    Red Pearl Compass + Silver Hook + Premium Maquahuitl
    Red Pearl Compass + Silver Hook + (I'm missing the Oceanic Pirate)

Another thing: other Hidden Recipes have used Boss Drops. I'll try those, too.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  5. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Red Pearl Compass + Silver Hook + Atlantis Warrior Cannon
    Red Pearl Compass + Silver Hook + Atlantis Warrior Armor
    Red Pearl Compass + Silver Hook + Atlantis Blade
    Red Pearl Compass + Silver Hook + Atlantis Sub

well, that's all the Atlantis Boss Drops

6. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Hint, please?

7. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Assuming that I'm right about the Red Pearl Compass, then it seems as though the Silver Hook is NOT the gift item used.

Any thoughts on what it might be? I'd thought the Compass....

Red Pearl Compass + Compass + Silver Dagger
    Red Pearl Compass + Compass + Golden Dagger

Secret Ninja, could we please have a hint?

And another thing, just because the Silverspike is a Weapon doesn't mean it can't use Mateys and/or Ships as well....

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  8. andres82

andres82 New Member

:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:__:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:_:

a clue to the ninja : matey +matey+evil eye talisman

9. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

The Silent Assassin was solved by me. Wise Old Spirit + Samurai
    But I had that misunderstanding the first time, too.

The "Secret Ninja" is a player who drops hints about various hidden recipes.

10. Bubba

Bubba Member

How about the Topaz Dagger as the gift?

11. then whats the silver part?

12. the secret ninja is a designer helping with the game actually.

13. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Eh, po-TAY-to, po-TAH-to.

14. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

I'm more interested in the second non-gift.
    Since I'm almost positive the first is the Red Pearl Compass, but the usual other item wasn't the boss drop OR previous Blacksmith items...
    If it turns out that one item IS Blacksmith or Atlantis boss drops, then we know that either the gift (Silver Hook) is wrong, or the Red Pearl Compass is.

15. tell me plz

hi, anyone can please tell me the adventure drops of "drifting turtle island" and "new orleans" and either they are weapon , ship, or mateys? plz tell me

16. Ky76

Ky76 New Member

I tried Wise old Spirit & Samurai....says no match...

I'm looking for Silent Assassin....

17. Ky76

Ky76 New Member

duh....sorry....didn't see this till now....Great Job Skyler....

18. Ky76

Ky76 New Member

I've tried everything I have with the Red Pearl Compass+MarlinSpike...and Topaz Dagger...my brain is fried.....

19. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

So you used 4 items? The recipe calls for 3.
    Topaz Dagger would be the gift and Red Pearl Compass is the level 175 item...PLUS Marlinespike and some other item? You only use 3...:eek:

Red Pearl Compass + gift + non-gift
    We are pretty sure the gift is not the Silver Hook (unless we TOTALLY screwed up in our level 175 logic).:mad:

This is so confusing.:(

EDIT: For some reason I keep thinking the Silverspike is level 420... Blasted Viking Clan hidden recipe mind-wiped me!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011